Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165763 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1500 on: April 03, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »

Riot has something against stealth champs.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 03, 2011, 06:36:10 pm »

play Morde

He can't be low enough for Morde to be Super Effective, can he?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:54 pm »

I demand male akali.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 03, 2011, 09:47:50 pm »

so I'm going to buy a couple of champs, any recomendations?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 03, 2011, 10:12:22 pm »

so I'm going to buy a couple of champs, any recomendations?
Who do you have?

Btw, I discovered that no matter how hard I try, Ashe cannot carry a team as well as melee dps. I can't really put it into words, but even with 34 kills, I feel like I cannot direct the team as much as I could if I were Singed or Xin Zhao. So if the team refuses to capitalize on aces, it's like I can't do anything by myself compared to if I were someone with more escape skills and higher staying power. I wonder if that match would have been different if I was someone with more durability. Not to mention I don't know how to spend $31,351 on Ashe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's also funny how I'm nicer to people I don't know hehehehe.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 03, 2011, 10:13:17 pm »

Buy a champion based on the runes you have.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 03, 2011, 11:15:46 pm »

Ashe needs a good team, she can't really solo anyone that is on equal terms to her me thinks, she can harass pretty well but thats it. Maybe if she's got an infinity edge and inititates with her ultimate, then maybe she can do it. Otherwise ashe isn't one of those champions that can actualy carry a whole team by her sheer power alone, like, lets say, a fed xin yhao, nocturne, yi or corki. Corki is just sick.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 04, 2011, 11:46:27 am »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 04, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »

I think Sion is my favorite champion now.  Unfortunately it seems as though it's either feast or famine.  Lots of Kills or lots of deaths, maybe I'll upload a couple of playthroughs later so you can see what I'm talking about.

WARNING:  I like to troll people when I'm winning as it usually provokes them into taking risks against me that are ill-advised.  When/If I post them (An example of each probably) don't be surprised if I'm trolling.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 04, 2011, 11:27:26 pm »

When I want to win, who do I play? I play jungle Warwick and win. I've put the boots starting item on hold though, because I found that if you get counterjungled when you have boots, you can't handle the other creep camps. Need different rune and mastery setup for boots. Provided my teammates aren't feeding 10 - 1, victory for me is almost guaranteed.

It's weird. Have you ever though about it? If you just look at his stats and skills, Warwick seems like a really subpar character. I mean, he has ONE... ONE damage dealing nuke on a moderate cooldown and it scales with a stat that he doesn't use. Then the rest of his skills don't do damage. One increases attack speed for a short time. One increases movespeed provided the enemy is going to die. His ultimate stuns the enemy and does good damage (with items), but stuns him as well.

But he just works so damn well. I don't know why. It's not like he's the best ganker, there are definitely better (Nocturne, Rammus, Nunu...). He's not the best jungler, I think Olaf and Trundle can take that throne. He's not really a damage, but not really a tank. He's not the best lifesteal, Irelia is better. Movespeed, Rammus is faster. Crowd control? He only has one and it can be interrupted by anything. He's just Warwick. And Warwick is awesome.

Too bad it's so easy to get bored with him though...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 04, 2011, 11:35:31 pm »

Possible Boatmurdered reference in the latest champion sneak peek?

Did we mention that he's on fire?

Edit:

Just had an epic Mundo game.  AP nuke teams give me lots of trouble early game, but late game I walk all over them.  This one was great, though.  The enemy was a pretty good team.  They were very coordinated and did very strong damage.  With 5200 HP and about 230 magic resist, they could still burst down most of my health with a concerted effort in the end... but then I would pop my heal and destroy them.  This is my personal record for damage taken and healing done... by a lot.  BTW all six of those deaths were in the first 30 minutes of the game.  The breaking point was when I finally had Warmogs, Mercury Treads, Spirit Visage, and 2 Negatron Cloaks.  They didn't manage to kill me once past that point.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:52:11 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1512 on: April 05, 2011, 02:48:22 am »

I was thinking, should I try out Hybrid Swain?

• Start with Meki + 2 HP Potions
  • Get Tear of da Goddess and boots
  • Sorcerer's Boots + another Meki
  • Chalice of Harmony + 3 x Hextech Revolvers
  • WotA
  • Gunblade
  • Manamunee
  • Another Gunblade
  • If I get focused too much, sell Chalice and buy Banshee

Why I think this could work:
  • Tons of attack damage rape towers well, can farm minions without using any mana
  • With Lizard buff, Lazercrow, Nevermore and Gunblade's slow it is fun to escape me
  • Spellvamp on all abilities
  • Spellvamp on ulti = +100% damage caused heals you
  • Lifesteal
  • Nobody knows how to counter a hybrid Swain.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 05, 2011, 05:43:53 am »

Uhh... it would certainly be unexpected.

You'd also need ridiculous amounts of gold.

Fyi, spellvamp on AOE spells is much, much more reduced than the normal percentage. I can't recall specifically how much less though. IIRC 15% or something like that. This might mean the spellvamp on your ulti would be much less than normal or maybe it counts each single "shot" outward as a single spell, then you'd get full spellvamp. You need to check it.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1514 on: April 05, 2011, 06:18:33 am »

Ah, I see. I need to buy Swain first, or wait till he becomes free though.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 165