Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165777 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1425 on: March 31, 2011, 04:13:31 am »

So i bought Mundo for shits and giggles, he's fun and all but i feel i'm not using him properly by building mainly tanky with very little damage stuff late game, now he still deals horrendous damage but somehow that isn't enough, or is it just my fault that half the time i forget to turn on E X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 31, 2011, 05:27:01 am »

Getting pretty good at Teemo.  There are few things in the game as fun as laning against a Jax, pretending to leave the lane because you're down to two bars of health, placing a mushroom under your feet and going stealth, waiting for him to push forward, auto-attacking as soon as he gets close, blinding as soon as he jumps, and getting the kill without taking any damage except from creeps.

18-9-14 despite being on losing team.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 31, 2011, 12:14:19 pm »

All my Singed.
Yes, Singed is one of the best champions ever.

I believe I've mentioned on numerous occasions that he's the one champion I play when I want a guaranteed victory. Fucker is practically designed to win in 1v5's.

In other news, Nocturne still OPlol.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1428 on: March 31, 2011, 12:28:55 pm »

Ok, delaying my third health quint so I could buy Janna?

Totally worth it. She is way fun.

I have no idea how to build her though   :-\ One game I started with a Saphire Crystal and went for a Catalyst and boots. Another I started with a Mana Manipulator. Another I went for a Mejai's. Banshee's vs a RoA? Soul Shroud? Tear? Manamune or AA? I even built an Abyssal in the normal game when I realized the enemy team had 3 BV's and a FoN.

Speaking of bad teammates, reported a Pantheon earlier who contributed absolutely nothing to our team except for standing a safe distance away from team fights and pouncing anytime he saw a safe & easy kill.  He seriously didn't do anything that would put him in any danger.  Even during the final team fight at the nexus it was 4v5 because he just sat in spawn and watched.  We lost horribly, and then he gloated about having the only positive score in the end.

I suspect you reported him for "unskilled player" right?

Hate to break it to you, but all that does it make you feel better. Riot were getting so many "unskilled player" reports in the other categories that they could not actually find the real reports. So, they created that category. That category is never looked at by Riot.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 31, 2011, 01:06:09 pm »

Either Tanky AP or Support AP hybrid seems like the best for Janna.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 31, 2011, 02:36:50 pm »

Hate to break it to you, but all that does it make you feel better. Riot were getting so many "unskilled player" reports in the other categories that they could not actually find the real reports. So, they created that category. That category is never looked at by Riot.

No.  Unskilled player is a totally retarded report category and anybody who uses it is a dick.  Nobody deserves punitive action in a game simply for not being good at it, besides perhaps not winning the game.

I used one of the griefing options.  I think it was 'assisting the enemy team'.  I'm not sure.  Wrote up his behavior in the text box, regardless.  That shit should have consequences.  It was intentional dickery.

It pisses me off.  If this was, say, an FPS game based on dedicated servers, people like this would be banned within minutes on almost every server they step virtual foot in.  I can't believe that Riot actually does anything about anyone.  Many of these people will be slightly annoyed by something only two minutes into a game and decide at that point to ruin the whole thing for everyone (see previous Kayle story).  Yet, these people are on level 30 accounts with hundreds of games behind them.  Am I really supposed to believe that those people's behaviors aren't common for them?  That they just happened to randomly grief for the first time on their 657th game on the basis of slight annoyance which is normally out of character for them, even though this happens in like 1/3 of all non-full-pre-made games? 

Seems far more likely that Riot just doesn't give a shit.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 31, 2011, 03:34:43 pm »

Could someone please do a premade with me, or atleast teach me how not to rage at my team, who regardless of how fed the enemy Tyrind or Nocturne are still refuse to buy any defensive items
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1432 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

No.  Unskilled player is a totally retarded report category and anybody who uses it is a dick.  Nobody deserves punitive action in a game simply for not being good at it, besides perhaps not winning the game.

I used one of the griefing options.  I think it was 'assisting the enemy team'.  I'm not sure.  Wrote up his behavior in the text box, regardless.  That shit should have consequences.  It was intentional dickery.

It pisses me off.  If this was, say, an FPS game based on dedicated servers, people like this would be banned within minutes on almost every server they step virtual foot in.  I can't believe that Riot actually does anything about anyone.  Many of these people will be slightly annoyed by something only two minutes into a game and decide at that point to ruin the whole thing for everyone (see previous Kayle story).  Yet, these people are on level 30 accounts with hundreds of games behind them.  Am I really supposed to believe that those people's behaviors aren't common for them?  That they just happened to randomly grief for the first time on their 657th game on the basis of slight annoyance which is normally out of character for them, even though this happens in like 1/3 of all non-full-pre-made games? 

Seems far more likely that Riot just doesn't give a shit.

I guess we just have to wait for the Tribunal.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 31, 2011, 04:17:15 pm »

You know, i recently tried playing a dota game on starcraft 2, and it suddenly appeared to me how wonderfully skilled, mature and reliable the LoL community is. Keep in mind that everything is relative...
Since they included the ban bot for leavers, we hardly have any, and if you think about it, the number of griefers is incredibly low compared to other games. Sure there are still occasionnal rude people, but at least it's not half of the player base... Also keep in mind that many players are kids/teenagers, and you can't really expect them to be all that mature.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:19:27 pm by Sirian »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 31, 2011, 04:35:49 pm »

Reminds me of when hotshotgg got banned then unbanned for leaving. The mod made a "mistake" and banned him for a stupid long time (10 years lol), then suddenly went OH SHIT when he noticed it was hotshotgg (who is basicaly clgaming's main guy and partialy responsible for making LoL popular in NA, plus aways plays on WCG for NA), and promptly unbanned him + personal apology
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: March 31, 2011, 05:12:00 pm »

You know, i recently tried playing a dota game on starcraft 2, and it suddenly appeared to me how wonderfully skilled, mature and reliable the LoL community is. Keep in mind that everything is relative...
Since they included the ban bot for leavers, we hardly have any, and if you think about it, the number of griefers is incredibly low compared to other games. Sure there are still occasionnal rude people, but at least it's not half of the player base... Also keep in mind that many players are kids/teenagers, and you can't really expect them to be all that mature.

Battle.net, Counter-Strike, and MMOs in general are the only gaming environments I've ever encountered that are worse than LoL.  Everything else I've ever played is much more mature and/or better moderated.

Edit:  And I have no interest in the kids/teenagers explanation.  I've known gamers in their 50's who were horrible griefers and kids as young as 12 who were a pleasure to game with.  I don't believe age and maturity are as connected as people say they are.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:16:54 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 31, 2011, 06:03:33 pm »

man I really suck at this game. I've been playing co-op to train and I still rank at the bottom everytime. I think there is something inherently wrong with my play style. I guess I should start using a harasser play style since nobody seems to appreciate heals from a support or helps with tanking. Any advice?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 31, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »

man I really suck at this game. I've been playing co-op to train and I still rank at the bottom everytime. I think there is something inherently wrong with my play style. I guess I should start using a harasser play style since nobody seems to appreciate heals from a support or helps with tanking. Any advice?

As far as I can tell, there's no play style that's really easy.  Play whatever is fun for you.  Just keep practicing and observe others who do well to figure out why.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 31, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »

Tanking and support are terrible jobs. It relies on your team being able to actually do their own roles. People will blame you for everything without realizing that they're completely useless themselves and if it wasn't for you, they'd have lost even before they were concieved.

I think the biggest problem comes from squishy characters who never get farmed and fed and refuse to buy defensive items. Then they complain when they get instagibbed by anti-carries.

General rule is: If you're a freaking squishy like Teemo and you don't have at least one goddamn defensive item of some sort by the time you bought your third offensive item, don't blame anyone when people focus you and you die faster than a minion.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 31, 2011, 07:11:20 pm »

well, it may not be the best ever, but I just figured out how to use Ashe with decent boots and now I am running and gunning very well. Finally placing in the top 2 in co-op

It's a cheaper build than I would like but until I start figuring out how to play others equally well I am guessing it will have to be my go to
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 165