Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165768 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1410 on: March 29, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »

Any good harrass will shut Cho down in the laning phase.  Mundo cleavers destroy him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 29, 2011, 09:23:44 pm »

I'm having fun with Karma. Netted about 14 assists and 5 kills last game, with decent AP progression, and can chase and escape 3+ players across most of the map. She's deceptively tanky too... I'll have to figure out if I'm going to buy her or Lux next.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 29, 2011, 09:32:01 pm »

You don't dodge cho's rupture, its the cho player that completely misses them, and if he's having a hard time hitting you, all he has to do is use it on the minion wave instead and suddenly he's avoiding your harassment and farming at the same time. With movespeed 2 boots, a rupture centered under your feet is nigh impossible to dodge.
Mundo's cleaver is a good counter to any tank, but its like any skillshot. Stand an inch behind a minion, and it gets completely denied. I know it'll be pretty hard to find anyone doing a solo lane after his nerf, but try it sometime. Cho was repeately nerfed for a reason, a good one. Dont be so naive to think it was because of his ultimate, it was because of his stupid solo lane potential, you don't even have to be good as cho to deny 90% of all champions in a solo lane as him. He's still pretty hard to deny, he just won't be one shotting people with his ultimate as often.

The only true difference comes when you get your ultimate. Your ultimate is your best chance to get even at cho, and even then it depends alot on what situation you've put yourself him. It needs to be a good ultimate though, that does damage and keeps him in place. Malzahar's ulti followed by his E and ignite is agood option, but you need take a good chunk of his healt first.

There are only two champions that can counter cho with some consistency. Corki and Kog maw, altough kog maw will have a much harder time then corki. Kog needs to waste a good chunk of his mana to harass, as he'll rarely get close enough to autoattack. Corki has an easier time because he does awesome true damage and has his own methods of escape.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:52:01 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:03 pm »

You don't dodge cho's rupture, its the cho player that completely misses them, and if he's having a hard time hitting you, all he has to do is use it on the minion wave instead and suddenly he's avoiding your harassment and farming at the same time. With movespeed 2 boots, a rupture centered under your feet is nigh impossible to dodge.

Really?... I've never had that much trouble with it.  Most will place the rupture behind you, expecting you to back away when you see him stomp.  Move to the side or towards him, and you'll usually avoid him.[/quote]

Mundo's cleaver is a good counter to any tank, but its like any skillshot. Stand an inch behind a minion, and it gets completely denied.

They have to be completely hidden behind the minions or I will throw the cleaver slightly to the side and still hit them.  It's not as wide as most skill shots.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 29, 2011, 11:05:25 pm »

Dodging Mundo's cleaver is easy peasy, just constantly hide behind a minion and yer fine.

Also a tip: With Cho'gaths rupture try to land it behind them, usually people run away when they hear it, so if you place it behind them end up running into it.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 30, 2011, 01:32:45 am »

Dodging Mundo's cleaver is easy peasy, just constantly hide behind a minion and yer fine.

Also a tip: With Cho'gaths rupture try to land it behind them, usually people run away when they hear it, so if you place it behind them end up running into it.
Except for people who either play Cho'gath a lot, or can spot the dust popping up.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 30, 2011, 01:36:20 am »

I haven't had trouble dodging Cho'gath's rupture since my first free week.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 30, 2011, 02:42:36 am »

Just played an amazing 4v5.  It lasted a solid hour.  Longest 4v5 I've ever won.  We had a pantheon that left in the very beginning.  So it ended up

Lux
Heimerdinger
Nocturne
Mundo (me)

vs

Udyr
Alistar
Veigar
Taric
Poppy

I built 2 warmogs, spirit visage, force of nature, mercury's treads, and sunfire cape.  The only person who could hurt me in the end was Udyr.  Without him, I could solo their whole team. 

There were 2 occassions where it was just me and lux, and we held off all five.  I would just dive in and start wreaking havoc with Lux dropping in harassment from a good distance away.  They couldn't get past me, because Lux had enough cc + my cleaver to keep her distance, and I would dive back and destroy Veigar or Taric if they ignored me.  If they managed to bring me low, I would back up to a tower and fortify. 

On one occassion, I took on four of them alone.  I lost the tower, but took them all down to low health and survived so we were able to chase them down and ace. 

We also got a few of their towers via me just tanking.  If they didn't have at least three people nearby, they couldn't do anything about it. 

The game ended with our creeps pushing top and bottom lanes up to their inhibitor towers while both of us were missing our mid inhibs.  They killed everyone but Heimer and Lux, who stalled them in the jungles for a solid 20 seconds before they finally gave up and rushed middle, leaving Veigar to clean up the creeps pushing their base.  Fortify bought us just enough time to respawn and kill all 4 in our base.  I then ran in and tanked both nexus turrets and everything Veigar could throw at me for the win.

Overall very satisfying.  The enemy team's bickering after the match was priceless.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 30, 2011, 03:03:18 am »

Poppy is rather underpowered, most don't know how to build a good Taric, and less seem to know how to do Alistar right..

Udyr is also hard as hell to get right, although he's a complete beast when you can nail it.

Meanwhile, Nocturne is still rather overpowered, Lux and Heimer are some of the best casters in the game and Mundo is just Mundo.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 30, 2011, 03:30:13 am »

Poppy is rather underpowered, most don't know how to build a good Taric, and less seem to know how to do Alistar right..

Udyr is also hard as hell to get right, although he's a complete beast when you can nail it.

Meanwhile, Nocturne is still rather overpowered, Lux and Heimer are some of the best casters in the game and Mundo is just Mundo.

A good Poppy is scary as hell.  Really hard to kill and great assassination.  She wasn't very good, though.  I kept her from getting at teammates most of the time, and her burst wasn't enough to bring me down.

Taric and Alistar are both great support and can do decent damage.

They had one major problem.  They were all support + AP burst.  It made them really dangerous early game, but by mid-game they would blow their loads on me, fail to kill, and be helpless.  After all their stuns and nukes were spent, they were helpless.  All I had to do was build HP and MR, and they could do nothing to stop me.  Even their Udyr built a bloodrazor to try and counter me, but I was already building magic resist which cancelled it out.  One AD DPS champion could have made things a lot more difficult for me.  Udyr could kill me, but it took him a long time and he had to catch me far enough away from a tower that I couldn't make the trip to safety.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:39 pm »

Another glorious twitch game. Our awesome renekton got disconnected and didn't log back in the early midgame, I was mid against cassiopeia while the enemy twitch was on bottom. I ganked them so hard, their only worthwhile teamate was irelia.

The enemy twitch went 2 9 2, rushing dancers right after zerk boots. I lol'd the whole game as I stacked kills while he tried to desperately gank and failed hard because he had zero damage, while I was critting for 800 and more.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 30, 2011, 09:55:13 pm »

Let me share another happy story.

Was playing with my friends and our entire team was a super early - mid game team. We're talking Garen, Zilean, Trundle, Nunu, and the exception of Ryze. Anyway, the enemy team we fought was pretty standard but we were feeding pretty hard in mid game and it seemed like it was hopeless. The biggest problem was that we couldn't initiate against the enemy team who had so many freaking escape spells. I was Garen and had the most kills on the team, but couldn't catch any of them come the mid-game.

Then for the first time, Zilean used his speed boost on me. And the world changed. Suddenly it was like "MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA GAREN IS MOVESPEED 600 YOU ALL DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE." No longer was that goddamn Katarina shunpo-ing so far away for me to catch. No more was Teemo move-quick-ing away like the little bastard that he is. It was awesome and our kill counter rose like mad. We still lost (it was still a mid game team vs balanced team), but at least it went from a horrible fail loss to a "lol, we survived so long" loss.

Edit: Come to think of it, I've never seen Zilean's movespeed increase for allies used offensively before. Usually Zileans either slow the enemy or speed up retreating allies or just speed up themselves. I think that was the first time a Zilean speeded me up so I could attack.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 31, 2011, 12:25:53 am »

Speaking of bad teammates, reported a Pantheon earlier who contributed absolutely nothing to our team except for standing a safe distance away from team fights and pouncing anytime he saw a safe & easy kill.  He seriously didn't do anything that would put him in any danger.  Even during the final team fight at the nexus it was 4v5 because he just sat in spawn and watched.  We lost horribly, and then he gloated about having the only positive score in the end.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 31, 2011, 04:05:44 am »

Another funny story!

Playing on level 3 smurf account. In queue for more than 10 minutes and when I get connected, both mine and the enemy team are loaded with level 30s. Course, this doesn't stop the stupid. :P

Soraka and Karma go top. Nocturne and Akali go bottom. I'm the only one left standing at spawn. As Singed. Summoner level three.

*puts on cool shades*

Let's do this shit. Singed middle vs level 30 Ashe oh yeaaaaaaaah!

When I get to mid, I see Ashe has nearly TWO HUNDRED more hp than me. Not to mention her xp gain was so much faster than mine because of masteries. I have never juked so many volleys as I ever have ever in that one single game. It was awesome.  If she landed even one slow I'd basically be vaporized from the ArPen runes she had (I could tell by her damage to the creeps). After 20 minutes the score is 2-10 in their favour (my score was 0 0 0). Everyone is screaming at each other in Russian. I can't understand a word anyone is saying so I just type ":)" all the time. Eventually Ashe got bored and left the lane to gank so I too start derping around.

Oh man. The Singed onslaught. Twitch pwned. Nocturne pwned. Xin Zhao pwned. Poppy pwned. Everywhere I went, there were grape-drink-piss-flavoured dead bodies of squishies in my wake. After every single gank I typed ":)" in all chat just so they'd get even more angry and focus me even more. It was hilarious. We ended the game at 30 - 42 in their favour. But we won. They couldn't break the Singed wall. They would repeatedly kill everyone on my team but they couldn't kill me. Because they could never kill me, they could never push. My score was 13-4-12 so you can imagine how horrible my teammates were doing xD.

The best part? At the end, when immortal Singed destroyed their Nexus, after all the obligatory "noob team" and "gg noobs" remarks, the enemy Ashe said "good play Singed. you 1v5 us and won".

8)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 31, 2011, 04:06:27 am »

Sigh... another major complaint about this game.  It doesn't seem like Riot moderators it at all.  If they did anything.  Anything.  There wouldn't be monumental game-wrecking shitheads at least every third match.

Just had a Kayle on my team who overextended and died twice vs Trynd and Nocturne.  So they raged, blamed it on me (for not suicide charging to save?), and then went idle in base at level 2.  They would move every few minutes to prevent getting idle kicked, so we couldn't even get boosted for having a leaver.  When called out on it, they only replied with a string of every curse word in the dictionary. 

Why are people like this allowed to keep their accounts?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 165