Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165712 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1335 on: March 25, 2011, 07:28:14 am »

Singed is fast, beefy, and deepsy. If it weren't for how hard CC shuts him down he'd be broken but CC hurts him more than it does other champs because he has less range than anyone

On the other hand, he also has the most cc in the game.  Fling, goo, and poison with Rylai's.  I always take exhaust as well when I play him.  Nobody escapes him.  Nobody catches him.

I was under the impression his Poison doesn't proc Rylai's on champions since a while ago. Does it?

On the other hand, his AoE slow is insanely good. Far as I can tell, it shouldn't be able to be cleansed/QSS'd and I know Merc's Treads don't work as long as you're physically on it, it slows for a huge amount, and it has some pretty impressive range.

Madred's really should be a lower percentage, but be true damage.

No. Just no.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1336 on: March 25, 2011, 07:45:37 am »

Madred's really should be a lower percentage, but be true damage.

No. Just no.
Care to elaborate on your reasoning? I think it'd make it actually useful against tanks. "4% of max health as MD on hit" isn't that useful, surely something like 2% as true damage would be balanced, maybe even something like 1.75% if not.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 25, 2011, 07:47:41 am »

Or make it scale off of the attackers damage, something like 5% of physical damage with each attack.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 25, 2011, 07:49:01 am »

Because the whole point of true damage is that it ignores resistances and does a flat amount. The counter for True Damage is to build more health so you can soak the damage, as opposed to AD or Magic which is usually better-countered by the appropriate resistances. But against percent-based true damage, the only "good" counter just makes it do more damage to you. There's no good solution to it.

True damage scaling with the attacker would be okay, but VERY powerful (see Corki for details).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1339 on: March 25, 2011, 08:22:04 am »

Because the whole point of true damage is that it ignores resistances and does a flat amount. The counter for True Damage is to build more health so you can soak the damage, as opposed to AD or Magic which is usually better-countered by the appropriate resistances. But against percent-based true damage, the only "good" counter just makes it do more damage to you. There's no good solution to it.

True damage scaling with the attacker would be okay, but VERY powerful (see Corki for details).
Ah, I see the problem then. But it doesn't deal with how Madred's isn't so useful against tanks... How about TD scaling with their MR? It sounds a little silly, but it could easily work. It's basically the reverse of the current Madred's, actually. Could do the same for armor, maybe even in the same item or something, I guess.

I do like the sound of true damage scaling with AD or something. Sounds nice. But that item on Corki would be silly.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 25, 2011, 08:39:00 am »

TD scaling with the enemy in general would just piss people off. True damage scales only rarely at all, and when it does it's NEVER with an enemy stat.

Nunu: Consume does true damage but can only be cast on minions.
Irelia: Flat amount on autoattacks from W, no scaling with stats
Olaf: Flat amount as an ability. Does true damage back to him.
Twitch: Per-stack DoT, applied on autoattacks. Scales slightly with level. Coincidentally, everyone hates the rat.
Corki: 10 percent of his own damage on autoattacks
Cho'gath: Recently-nerfed ultimate. Scales at .7 of AP but nobody builds enough AP to reach the levels he could previously do anyway. Was a melee-range, extremely powerful nuke. Known and loved/hated for being the only thing of its type.
Kog'maw: His passive makes him a true damage bomb on death. Scales with his level.

If you could punish MR with True Damage, I could see teams of a tank or two, 2-3 AP Nukers, and 1 Kog or Corki building around that item to put teams in impossible dilemmas being a common thing in arranged teams.

Things that scale with the victim (Jarvan's passive, Mundo's cleavers, Veigar's ultimate) are always very powerful and very hard to balance because they punish the enemy severely for building particular things.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 25, 2011, 10:17:25 am »

Kog'maw: His passive makes him a true damage bomb on death. Scales with his level.
He gots two true damage abilities, the bomb (rather useless unless you die though) and:
Quote from: Bio-arcane barrage
Kog'Maw's attacks gain 130 / 160 / 190 / 220 / 250 range and deal an additional 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6% (+1% of ability power) of the target's maximum Health as Magic Damage (Max: 100 Damage vs Monsters). Lasts 6 seconds.
Perhaps being the only ability that deals both true damage and scales with their health (doing 60 damage to a enemy with 1000 health, and 240 to a enemy with 4000)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 25, 2011, 10:24:22 am »

Actually that's magic damage as it nicely says in the description.
AS - IG

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 25, 2011, 10:30:19 am »

Actually that's magic damage as it nicely says in the description.
Whoa, brain fart on my part then. For some reason I was sure that it was true damage. Well, ignore me being stupid then...
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 25, 2011, 10:36:46 am »

I can see where you get confused, it does horribly high damage to anything so one might think it ignores all resists :D
AS - IG

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 25, 2011, 10:42:45 am »

I can see where you get confused, it does horribly high damage to anything so one might think it ignores all resists :D
Thats not why I got confused, I got confused because i read it (last time i played Kog'maw), and I swore it said "true damage".
Although the fact that each attack deals attack+10% of their health in magic damage (if you got mandreds), probably didn't help either (especially since it WTFPWNS tanks).

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 25, 2011, 11:20:40 am »

@Umi, fiddlesticks could use boots to jungle. But it'd be pointless since you should always take an amplifying tome and flash. Gets the job done for lvl 4 gangs.

Also about the Madreds bloodrazors, its an extremely useful item against really anyone. If you're an extremely DPS oriented team and a few of you have one then you're really going to screw up the enemy teams resistances. Either they take armour to block your autoattacks, thus leaving the MBRs open to do some nasty damage or they also get a bit of MR, which makes your autoattacks better.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 25, 2011, 11:45:30 am »

Eh, I have LoL. Ive played it a lot, Im not going to deny its a fun game, but it doesn't give me those adrenaline rushes DotA gives me. Its all just too boring, I feel like I am just grinding my way to some more runes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 25, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »

I tried Umi's ww build, it works rather well and while i couldn't get a kill of (that damn speedy Garen) i actually did quite well, died a few times to focus fire, but after i got GA and Banshee it was a straight way to Legendary status for me.Then at the end i sold WE and bought a PD, with a low health champ in range my movespeed was 537, none could escape me >:3
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 25, 2011, 02:25:56 pm »

I tried Umi's ww build, it works rather well and while i couldn't get a kill of (that damn speedy Garen) i actually did quite well, died a few times to focus fire, but after i got GA and Banshee it was a straight way to Legendary status for me.Then at the end i sold WE and bought a PD, with a low health champ in range my movespeed was 537, none could escape me >:3
Glad to hear it mate.

Warwick with boots is just so much better early game I think.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 165