Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165700 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1290 on: March 23, 2011, 05:54:22 pm »

Pander, do you have a EU account?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »

I don't believe that.

Oh, fun fact: I got to 1261 but then got dragged down by being paired with shit like a Tank Kennen. Now I'm back to 1257 because of being matched AGAINST players like that.

Yeah I know, it's called Elo Hell.

I thought you had guys to play with though? Solo queue and arranged team ranked are different things though.

Basically, all the noobs drag each other down, if your good, you will win a game that should have been lost and you will go up.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 23, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »

How to tell when someone is an annoying whiner.

He talks a lot in the pre game match up. The chances will increase if he plays a carry-type.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 24, 2011, 06:25:33 am »

How to tell when someone is an annoying whiner.

He talks a lot in the pre game match up. The chances will increase if he plays a carry-type.

Not always. I try to help organize my team comp. I start by volunteering to play Singed (Builds almost-full-tank, ends up as Tanky DPS. Closest thing I need to a damage item is a Rod of Ages) and asking if anyone wants to jungle as a specific champion, advising good counterpicks, etc.

And sorry, no EU account for me. I have super-low ping on the US servers since I'm in California.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 24, 2011, 06:32:50 am »

Yeah, i usually try and do that to, a tank, some deeps, perhaps some AP champs and if possible a support or a jungler.

Anyways, i've got myself a hunger for some AP champs, know any good ones?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 24, 2011, 07:03:39 am »

Yeah, i usually try and do that to, a tank, some deeps, perhaps some AP champs and if possible a support or a jungler.

Anyways, i've got myself a hunger for some AP champs, know any good ones?

Ugh, just yesterday I got steamrolled by an AP Kog'Maw. Really, really painful. The range on his abilities is stupendous.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:10 am »

Just won another Ranked.

I'm a pretty beast Singed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 24, 2011, 10:27:49 am »

All tanks are simply OP. Or more so tank items.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 24, 2011, 10:30:21 am »

I was having good fun as Shen last night.

I counter jungled fiddlesticks rather well, shame we ended up losing that match.

All damage items are simple OP as well. Man, I absolutely hate dying.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 24, 2011, 11:19:16 am »

I counter jungled fiddlesticks rather well, shame we ended up losing that match.

Because of the change to the way armor and MR work, pen items and abilities aren't effective against them anymore.

Take last whisper for example. tank with 4000 health and 200 armor, squishy with 2000 health and 50 armor. Tank takes an extra 11.5 % damage while the squishy takes 10.2% extra damage. that 40% pen does not effect tanks at all. Depending on the ratios a tank can even make it more effective on a squishy. Having twice as much health as a squishy with the same risk from a supposed anti tank item is just wrong.

Black clever and brutalizer, solid pen items without a % effect, are even worse against tanks. You should never buy them to fight tanks. Madreds are the most effective item against tanks, but it's really not hard for a tank to see it then buy more MR then make the madreds a very expensive toy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:35:22 am by Micro102 »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 24, 2011, 11:27:49 am »

Karthus is SO MUCH FUN.

Karthus & Veliaf otp.

GO TEAM MAGICAL BASTARDS.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 24, 2011, 11:36:00 am »

Karthus is SO MUCH FUN.

Karthus & Veliaf otp.

GO TEAM MAGICAL BASTARDS.

Banshee's veil.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 24, 2011, 11:48:56 am »

Because of the change to the way armor and MR work, pen items and abilities aren't effective against them anymore.

Take last whisper for example. tank with 4000 health and 200 armor, squishy with 2000 health and 50 armor. Tank takes an extra 11.5 % damage while the squishy takes 10.2% extra damage. that 40% pen does not effect tanks at all. Depending on the ratios a tank can even make it more effective on a squishy. Having twice as much health as a squishy with the same risk from a supposed anti tank item is just wrong.

Black clever and brutalizer, solid pen items without a % effect, are even worse against tanks. You should never buy them to fight tanks. Madreds are the most effective item against tanks, but it's really not hard for a tank to see it then buy more MR then make the madreds a very expensive toy.

When ever I play a DPS character I always have my armour pen runes out. With a full set of reds, not much I give you, but decently worth it at the beginning of a game.

You end up doing full damage to minions and when it comes to characters with low armour at the beginning its like you doing about 5ish more damage to them per shot.

But when it comes to tanky characters if they're buying a load of tank items, just don't attack them. Its the way I play, always go for the tanks last unless they're really scary like an AP singed or something.

With tanks, you gotta give the enemy team a reason to hit you or else you're not doing your job properly, for example, building a rageblade on cho'gath, or madreds on shen or something retarded like that. Then once they fear you and start focusing you _then_ your tanky items will be doing their job.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »

So I played Yi for the first time in ages.

Got a pentakill.

Yep.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 24, 2011, 01:59:07 pm »

But when it comes to tanky characters if they're buying a load of tank items, just don't attack them. Its the way I play, always go for the tanks last unless they're really scary like an AP singed or something.

With tanks, you gotta give the enemy team a reason to hit you or else you're not doing your job properly, for example, building a rageblade on cho'gath, or madreds on shen or something retarded like that. Then once they fear you and start focusing you _then_ your tanky items will be doing their job.

This is my complaint, though.  All the tanks in the game do considerable damage naturally, or otherwise contribute to the fight in ways that make them impossible to ignore, unless you're another tank.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 165