Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165498 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1170 on: March 12, 2011, 08:11:58 pm »

And can pull so many tricks on gullible opponents.  So easy to make someone think they're chasing you, draw them out, then suddenly heal, change forms, and pounce.  Never ever chase her if you're squishy.

Also easiest in the game to build well-rounded but effective.  My staples are manamune, archangel, banshee's veil, and boots of mobility.  Great damage from spear or cougar form, good heal, and amazing escape/chase ability.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 12, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »

Her passive is nice for juking, but that's a bit of an advanced technique I'm still working on.
Especially since you need to be carefully, so she pounces in the right direction.

I'd really love to try her out on TT...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 12, 2011, 08:25:24 pm »

Shit you guys are right, Soraka is awesome I just played my first ever game where me team had NO DEATHS!!  I saved everyone, and got myself 25 assists, haha she's awesome.  Terrbile at last hitting though
Nom nom nom

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 12, 2011, 09:04:00 pm »

Shit you guys are right, Soraka is awesome I just played my first ever game where me team had NO DEATHS!!  I saved everyone, and got myself 25 assists, haha she's awesome.  Terrbile at last hitting though
Soraka is OP

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 12, 2011, 09:32:07 pm »

That WW started of the game by dancing infront of our tower. So 3 of us ganked him. Good first blood.

Edit: Umiman is MissSmurfette

Edit edit: That urgot was very good, saved me from dying to WW after a 2v1, using his ult to swap him.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:34:04 pm by Nilocy »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 12, 2011, 10:42:44 pm »

Your invisible blue stripper got nothing on my invisible furry midget!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jax left during the midgame, but I was already too fed. Warwick was a huge crybaby complaining twitch is overpowered, despite none of the enemy team taking any counter-stealth items during the whole game, which by the midgame gave me a map full of easy targets since I was already pretty fed and could solo any of them. We lost a few teamfights because our team wasn't anything special either, but me and trynd backdoored like hell and then MF and Kennen woke up and stopped being emo about jax and fought back with us.

I still won because the enemy team was bad though, our team had as much team spirit as the enemy's, but they never stayed togheder for too long, and would back into bushes to teleport home, it gave me plenty of easy kills. I remember using my ultimate on gangplank and fiddlesticks while they were both teleporting home. My crits were going so high by then that even though they were both above half health, they died in 3 shots.

Its startling how many solo queue people have zero sense of team composition and map awareness though, neither of our team had tanks (jax, who was going singed, changed at the last second for some reason). They rarely used jungle buffs and would do silly things such as dance around farming minions far from their team while a fed twitch is out hunting. Our kennen spent more then half his time just freefarming and somehow still ended the game with the least last hits.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just noticed, AP warwick?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:46:16 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:23 pm »

Yup. That magewick started that game by dancing literally just outside of our tower range. So Nilocy and I went around the side, and Urgot came up from mid to join in the fun. After the rape we killed his lanemate Singed who tried to save him. I earned 1000 gold before the game entered its 4th minute.

I also bought Jarvan on that smurf account to try. 1st time. He's so easy to play! How the heck can people fail as him so badly?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 13, 2011, 02:04:37 pm »

It's the type of people drawn to him. Generally speaking, melee carries attract retards. Assasins attract retards. Anything that can do a lot of damage or is "easy" to play (Vladimir, Mordekaiser) attracts that kind of people. There are, of course, exceptions. I've seen asshole Jannas and nice Shacos.

Personally, I am drawn to casters and difficult champions. Therefore, it is only natural I am now going for the ultimate challenge in this compartment... Cassiopeia. The most spammy champ in the game, hands down. I've got everything on smartcast when playing as her, so it's basically me wildly smashing keys and pointing the cursor at the opponent that needs to die. WQEEQEREEQEEWQEE... I'll need a new E key.

Well, okay, I facerolled a few Coop vs AI games with her, but that doesnt really count. I've still yet to go positive as her in normal games.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 13, 2011, 04:40:47 pm »

I'd say its not that melee DPS champs attract lame people but rather easy to play champions attract lame people. Warwick, Mordekaiser, Ryze, etc. All easy to play champions, but look at Shaco and Renekton, they're melee DPS but take a decent degree of skill to be used properly (specialy shaco). Twitch is also pretty easy to play but he's much better if you know what you're doing. Normaly Zilean would dominate a simple ranged dps champion, but I managed to kill him twice before his team woke up and decided Zilean was going to lose the lane if I got another kill, through simple baiting him, going stealth for enough for him to think I had gone to base, then appearing behind hi mand shooting him dead.

The trick against Zilean is to not let him harass you, he'll quickly get the upper hand if you let him. If you have enough health to survive a double bomb you just have to surprise him and burst him down while he helplessly uses his double bomb combo and you don't die. You should be able to either force him to use his ultimate/back to base or kill him.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:45:27 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 13, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »

New patch preview. The changes mostly scale back a lot of the changes from the previous patch. Sona getting buff. Malphite getting nerfed. Other melee DPS might get nerfed.

Death timer between level 7 - 14 getting increased. Minion damage to towers might get scaled back. That's about it.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 13, 2011, 08:47:36 pm »

I don't think Renekton takes much skill to play at all, actually. He has two self-heal abilities.. self-healing non-support champs are extremely forgiving in playstyle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 13, 2011, 08:54:41 pm »

Thank god Malphite's getting nerfed.  Jesus.  They could do almost anything else and I'd be happy just for that change.  I've been getting so sick of him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:52 am »

Thank god Malphite's getting nerfed.  Jesus.  They could do almost anything else and I'd be happy just for that change.  I've been getting so sick of him.

*insert buff to new champion for noobs to buy for easy kills*

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 14, 2011, 03:07:04 pm »

Ohhhh, this week looks nice. They have Jarvan, Katarina, Urgot, Nasus and Amumu free, all champions I have wanted to try for a while.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 165