Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165497 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1155 on: March 11, 2011, 02:55:47 pm »

At least they know to aim for the squishy in teamfights.

Yes. They are amazing at this. Far better than most players. Stealth champions get royally screwed over in teamfights due to dying nearly instantly every time.

Its quite funny really. If players did that stealth champions would become a lot less popular very quickly.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 11, 2011, 05:23:03 pm »

The bots have amazing control, efficiency, and coordination, which is to be expected.  This does amount to instantly dead squishies in most team fights.  Their predictability is horrible, though, after a couple games.  A couple things I noticed especially.

1.  Their patterns of aggressiveness are very routine and predictable, and can be manipulated.  If you get close, they will chase you.  If you drop some rapid damage on them, they will run away.  If you can hit and run effectively, you can just go back and forth and whittle them down with very little personal risk.  I played Kassadin and would just teleport in, drop a combo, and run away.  They would back off every time even when they could have easily killed me, just because I dropped some damage on them quickly.

2.  They calculate exposure to tower damage very well, but they take it pointlessly way too often and don't factor possible stuns or burst damage on top of it.

3.  They're extremely greedy and easy to bait.  I won a game as Garen by simply dropping myself to low health and showing myself to enemy bots, who would gleefully chase me alone right into my entire team who wasn't even hiding.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1157 on: March 11, 2011, 05:26:30 pm »

This just in: Pubbies suck. Even against AI.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 11, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »

EDIT: Ninja'd.
I have to disagree with your second point. In the only 2 games or so I played and didn't get horribly disconnected by an ISP issue of mine, bots could avoid towers when pushing, but became pretty much tower-blind as they retreated. Many a time has annie/soraka/yi/MFbot decided that retreating through our mid lane full of towers hitting her was a good idea.

Also I just dodged queues 3 times in a row and got a waiting time of 13 mins :P

@also, Volatar, check me screenshot some posts back, apparently the match maker for Coop vs AI isn't checking for levels or so few people were playing a the time that I got queued with 3 people below level 7.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:42:11 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 11, 2011, 06:28:12 pm »

Bots are too pro, guys: http://i.imgur.com/VhITx.jpg
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 11, 2011, 07:18:05 pm »

@-100% for too many coop-vs-ai games.

I can't fucking carry these people, I rack up 9 kills and 3 deaths by the midgame, but team was feeding yi, then yi disconnects, and they feed udyr instead, the only champion in the whole team that could resist me for more then 6 seconds. Long story short maokai never joined teamfights, lux was overall terrible, and me+garen+mundo were just not enough to take on udyr and his other 3 team mates.

Also is it me or do most people never ever use the map except for pinging? A 10% health ashe was brushing past lux in jungle while she was in lane, a single laser would've melted her, but apparently she never ever saw ashe there.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 12, 2011, 05:38:44 am »

I just lost a bot game fair and square. My teammates weren't that terrible, but the bots just pushed way better and worked really well as a team.

In the end, we lost because Swain and Kennen wanted to baron while cho gath and two super minions were pushing middle. They did get it, though Swain died in the process and then Soraka-Ashe-Trundle team got all of us defending.

gg bots.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:50:45 am by LASD »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 12, 2011, 06:08:49 am »

The bots seem pretty decent, but their biggest flaw i think is that every now and then they just go HERP DERP for a few seconds while you or the tower pummel them to death
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1163 on: March 12, 2011, 06:32:46 am »

The bots seem pretty decent, but their biggest flaw i think is that every now and then they just go HERP DERP for a few seconds while you or the tower pummel them to death

While i haven't played a bot game yet, that doesn't sound like a problem limited to bots.  I know that I've died a few times because I've forgotten that things will decide to shoot back at you eventually.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 12, 2011, 06:34:33 am »

It's not that they forget or anything, they just sorta space out in the middle of something and after they've lost half of their hp to they go 'OH SHI..' and try to run away
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 12, 2011, 08:23:03 am »

They don't know how to cope with AoE Damage-over-time spells. As Pantheon, you can usually fuck 'em up without bothering to use your own stun by just Heartseeking where they stand.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1166 on: March 12, 2011, 10:07:34 am »

Funny story: Yesterday I was playing a game, Tanking for my team as Galio (who is tons of fun) against a team that I would say were better than us. Their Tank (Amumu) was a far better initiator of teamfights than me. I just couldn't do it right, and most teamfights ended up in a draw, or us down one compared to them.

Then, we were maneuvering around mid to start another teamfight... and I knocked my mouse off my desk. I had to go searching around on the floor for it for several seconds while Galio stood still.

Well, suddenly going still was a signal for Amumu to bandage toss me, and their entire team CCed me down quickly.

However, they used all their CC on the tank.

Seconds later the teamfight ended.

My team aced them, only losing me.

It was the best initiation all game.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 12, 2011, 06:58:59 pm »

My last match :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, except the decent pantheon, the whole team was so bad that i swear the minions were more useful than them.

In the end, i had to kill the whole enemy team pretty much by myself, one by one, at which point i realised i just aced them, so since i was already in their base, i just walked to the nexus, destroyed both towers and the nexus as they respawned. The last bit of HP bar went down as TF was teleporting behind me and teemo rushing to me :D

Oh i also tested the new Coop vs IA mode, honestly its not hard, you just have to adjust to the way bots play. They will always pull perfect combos in a fraction of second, and be completely straightforward in their actions, they're also very coordinated and have perfect focus, but they often make stupid mistakes and have no creativity. The most dangerous thing that can happen is if your team becomes too confident and start playing solo, because even if you're fed, they're still dangerous if they're together. Overall, it's much better than the previous IAs and provides a nice place to test new champions or new builds.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:11:31 pm by Sirian »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 12, 2011, 07:54:44 pm »

Had one of the few games without latency issues lately.
Great, since I wanted to try out Nidalee.
Fun champ, with a lot of utiliy.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »

Nid is likely the most fun champion out there. Her skills are all very useful (with the only exception being her terrible passive). She has a pretty good heal she can use on herself or teamates, one of the best skillshots in the game, a nice buff and with her R she suddenly becomes a totally different champion. She's a support and a carry fused in one champion.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 165