Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165426 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1080 on: March 05, 2011, 07:01:41 pm »

Hmm, I really want to play with/against you guys sometime. I'm on the EU server myself under the amazingly creative name of Nilocy.

If you want, we could try a 5v5 or something with smurf accounts? So its vanilla to the extreme, 1 mastery and no runes? :D Say 9pm tomorrow (sunday) GMT+0?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1081 on: March 05, 2011, 07:08:40 pm »

If you farm well enough, late game you build Zilean to have buttloads of AP, and so not only do his bombs still hurt a ton, he also resurrects people at full health. Even tanks.

I love Zilean  :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 05, 2011, 07:21:23 pm »

Is there any way to know which champs will be free next week?

I was seriously thinking of starting an EU smurf but i really don't want to grind to get the ones i enjoy playing
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 05, 2011, 07:36:27 pm »

If you farm well enough, late game you build Zilean to have buttloads of AP, and so not only do his bombs still hurt a ton, he also resurrects people at full health. Even tanks.

It can be done... it's not common, though.  If both sides are equal, Zilean's damage output can't typically keep up with the other side's defenses.  I haven't played him in months, though, so I need to pick him up again.  He was my favorite for a while a long time ago.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1084 on: March 05, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »

Is there any way to know which champs will be free next week?

No.

It can be done... it's not common, though.  If both sides are equal, Zilean's damage output can't typically keep up with the other side's defenses.  I haven't played him in months, though, so I need to pick him up again.  He was my favorite for a while a long time ago.

I used to main Zilean and always did just fine with my late game damage.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 05, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »

My teams are uncarryable. Last game we ended with a loss, with me having twice the kill count of my team, and least deaths apart from our little veigar who somehow lost mid to garen and left, who came back later but was completely useless by then and refused to do anything to coax the team into surrendering.

Long story short, jarvan had zero sense of survivability and fed, but at least he got 4 kills and 10 assists, unlike caitlyn and mundo, who just fed. I ended the game with 11/7/X, but the enemy garen was fed 20 stacks of sword of the occult and raped our team.

Jarvan is a good champion, I mean he's really good, with good damage on his spells, an awesome shield that slows, and an awesome ultimate, but every single Jarvan I see are terrible kill hungry people who overextend and waste their ultimate in a desperate attempt to get kills and end up trapping their teamates in it and never seem to know they can put the walls down using R again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:45:36 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 06, 2011, 03:17:18 am »

Hmm, I really want to play with/against you guys sometime. I'm on the EU server myself under the amazingly creative name of Nilocy.

If you want, we could try a 5v5 or something with smurf accounts? So its vanilla to the extreme, 1 mastery and no runes? :D Say 9pm tomorrow (sunday) GMT+0?

I sent you a friend invite, Nilocy, i'm on the EU servers as well under the name "KalSirian"

Anyone else on the EU servers that i could add ? I sure could use decent team partners once in a while :p
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:48:58 am by Sirian »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1087 on: March 06, 2011, 04:10:30 am »

I love Zilean just because his bombs are the most flexible ability in the game.  People try way too hard to place bombs directly on the enemy, when they can be used for so much more.  Place a bomb on one of your creeps and watch the enemy refuse to go near it, or even get them to move closer to that bush your teammates are hiding to ambush from.  Place a bomb on one of your teammates as they're charging in to fight, and contribute damage without putting yourself in any danger.  Place a bomb on yourself when a low health melee champion is after you and dare them to kill you.

Or place a bomb on a near-dead minion taht the enemy champ/tower has targeted, and watch as your bomb damages both your enemy champs and most of the minions.
Works really often, works really well.

Also, LOL Recorder is quite amazing. Allows people to take neat pictures or videos of every match.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download link here. http://www.leaguereplays.com/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:15:43 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 06, 2011, 04:49:01 am »

I sent you a friend invite, Nilocy, i'm on the EU servers as well under the name "KalSirian"

Anyone else on the EU servers that i could add ? I sure could use decent team partners once in a while :p
Add me. Umiman.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 06, 2011, 05:55:10 am »

TT is pretty fun when you are playing as Tyrind, especially when your team kills twitch before the minions spawn and he rages about it and then quits XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 06, 2011, 06:46:17 am »

unless you mass AP, I saw someone kill a yi that had full health at level 15 with a double bomb.  so they do hurt alot, dependng on your build anyways.
Lets do the math on this.
A double bomb has a damage of 660 and an AP ratio of 1.8
A lvl 15 yi has 1734 health and 48,75 magic resist. At no magic pen he has 2579,325 effective health, which means a zilean would need 1066 AP
With sorcs, yi would have 28,75 resist, and his effective health at 2232,525. Zil would need 873 AP.
If a Zil also has a haunting guise, yi would have 8,75 resist, and 1885,725 effective health, Zil would need 681 AP
If he also had all magic pen reds, yi would have no resist, and Zil would need 597 AP

So,a Zil would need some serious stuff to one shot a yi. And I never realized before that 20 Mpen would be about 200 AP and that Mpen runes would come out at a bit less than 100 AP for a Zil, wow. I seriously need to put a haunting guise earlier, and drop my cdr boot shenanigans in my build, makes a deathcap anything look like crap with cost effectiveness. And Im suprised the difference between full Mpen and standard resist is only 0.25.

The effectiveness of Mpen goes higher, the higher a persons health is. Meaning it might not be as good early game, but an Ashe at lvl 18 has 1781 health which means its similar to a lvl 15 yi and still almost as good as a freaking deathcap even against a squishy. Now, imagine it on a moronic Cho who stacks health.

It makes me wonder why people have so much trouble against tank teams.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1091 on: March 06, 2011, 06:52:49 am »

Your signature goes well with Zilean, cerapa.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 06, 2011, 06:54:13 am »

Ummm, How does magic pen become more effective against higher health?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 06, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

I think he means that the higher the health of your enemy, the more magic penetration is cost effective compared to AP. But except if you're using a bloodrazor, you won't do more damage the more HP an enemy has. However, it means that the higher your health, the more cost effective armor and magic resist are. (which is probably part of why people have trouble with tanky teams :p)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:07:05 am by Sirian »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 06, 2011, 08:25:51 am »

I think he means that the higher the health of your enemy, the more magic penetration is cost effective compared to AP. But except if you're using a bloodrazor, you won't do more damage the more HP an enemy has. However, it means that the higher your health, the more cost effective armor and magic resist are. (which is probably part of why people have trouble with tanky teams :p)
I dont understand what you were trying to say here?

Each point in a resistance increases a persons effective health by 1% of their regular health. This also means that each point penetrated is also 1% of regular health ignored.
Let me give an example.
Champ A has 1000 health and 20 resist. This gives an effective health of 1000+40%*1000=1200. With 20 pen, he would be left with his standard 1000 health AKA a 200 health reduction. Can also be solved with 1000*20%(pen)=200
Champ B has 600 health and 100 resist. This gives an effective health of 600+100%*600=1200 (identical effective health pre pen). A reduction of 20 leaves 80 resist. Effective health would be 600+80%*600=1080 AKA a 120 health reduction. And also 600*20%=120
Meaning that champions who have more standard health are affected more by penetration.

Your signature goes well with Zilean, cerapa.
It has been my signature from before I had even heard of LoL. Lucky coincidence.

EDIT: And just because I was bored, deathcap by itself has 201 AP. Haunting guise has 25. In order to get the required enemy health for haunting guise to be equal to a deathcap, you can use this formula:
176*CombinedApRatio\20%

For Zil(1.8, didnt count ult) its 1584
For Annie(1.9 ignoring her shield for now) its 1672
For someone with huge scaling like Veigar(2.6) its 2288
For Maokai(2.2) its 1936
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:10:11 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 165