Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165339 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #975 on: March 03, 2011, 01:33:43 am »

jungle
You don't really need smite

No. Just no.

No jungler should ever be without smite, it's that simple.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 03, 2011, 02:26:01 am »

I always am surprised at Shen's damage output. It's just so high on a single target for someone who only needs to build completely tanky. Like, a fully kitted up Shen still can produce lots and lots of deeps while other tanks who go all in tank will do nothing in terms of damage.

I guess Amumu does more damage, but Amumu just isn't as tanky as Shen. Also no taunt.

I tried to play jungle Olaf on a team with no tank. I got focused down in every single teamfight. First target: Olaf. Ended the game with such a crappy score. Never doing it again.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 03, 2011, 05:23:56 am »

Nope. Only downside of not having it, is not being able to take golem, until you have razor.
But after that, its pretty much useless. Exhaust stays great all game long and lets you annihilate enemy junglers.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 03, 2011, 08:12:53 am »

Talking about razor, am i the only fan of wriggles lantern ? I find this item incredibly good for the price, before i would get razor and some lifesteal separately and then upgrade to bloodrazor, but now i almost always buy one of the items for wriggle's first, then boots and i upgrade to wriggle. There is an interesting synergy with the 20% random 500 damage on creeps and the lifesteal, which makes it just great to stay in a lane and push it.

Also, since i use it with tristana, it means 20% chance of creep explosion, which clears lanes pretty fast and makes an even better indirect harass if the enemy is staying near his minions. Its also great to kill jungle monsters early and kill those pesky heimer turrets faster, or annie's bear, or malz pets, or teemo's mushrooms if you're fast.

The free ward every 3 minutes means you can always have a safe bush and it saved my ass/my team countless times from a gank attempt.

Add to that the bonus damage and armor, and you get a really interesting item that you can keep until very late game.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 03, 2011, 08:56:18 am »

Nope. Only downside of not having it, is not being able to take golem, until you have razor.
But after that, its pretty much useless. Exhaust stays great all game long and lets you annihilate enemy junglers.

When ever I'm jungling Nunu on Summoners Rift I always take flash and smite. Nunus skills themselves act like a ghost for himself and someone else and he has an amazing slow. So I run around the map like a mad person waddling into battles and battling down their carries or w/e. As for the smite being useless later on in the game, its a useful weapon if the enemy team tries to steal buffs, dragon or baron from you.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:51 am »

@sirian:
I always make a lantern out of my razor.
Well, at least when I'm playing Olaf.
A great item, for reasons you already provided.

@nilocy:
Yeah, but it's not a must have for junglers.
When you don't want to have your buffs stolen, this can be achieved with map awareness and wards as well.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 03, 2011, 10:55:38 am »

@nilocy:
Yeah, but it's not a must have for junglers.
When you don't want to have your buffs stolen, this can be achieved with map awareness and wards as well.

The sheer degree of BAD here is staggering.

In rough order of importance over the course of the game:

1) You need the jungling speed. In a the regular fast-non-Olaf-jungler run of Golem-Wolves-Wraiths-Lizard-Minigolems, you'll have Smite at Golem (safely securing it against level 1 ganks, allowing you to progress much faster to other camps) and at Lizard (allowing you to cut short the battle with it to move on and begin your gank). On the Godmode Speed junglers like Rammus, who will finish Lizard before smite returns, you can use it on a Minigolem to nearly instantly clear the camp. Furthermore, once you've reached later phases of jungling, it allows you to smite your buff camps to get back into the action faster when 3 of them are at mid and your solo is starting to sweat. What's most important here is that it allows a 3-5 minutes gank, depending on your jungler, because of how it improves your clear time.

2) You need the security for Dragon and Baron. At 425+25*level, that's over 800 to dragon and 670 to Baron at level 18. And when the enemy team comes tearing out of the jungle looking for a free Baron/Dragon, that's when you're glad you packed smite and your team can be ready for the teamfight with dragon or Baron safely in your pocket (or floating in a circle around you, as it were).

3) You need the security for your buffs. That means that with wards you can steal through walls from nonjunglers, secure your buffs against the Morde on your team who claims he "needs the cooldowns," and that when you gank an enemy jungler you can walk out with his buff either way. Even with wards, you won't always be in position to intercept the enemy doing their buffs or stealing yours. Suppose the enemy jungler has Smite and you don't. You're doing a camp and you see him coming. What do you do? You can't STOP him. Drag it into the bush? He probably has it warded, that's why he's here to steal in the first place. Ditch it? Good luck stealing it off him on your way out when he has smite if you don't.

tl;dr: Smite gives you security and speed, which directly translates into harder, faster ganks as well as level advantage and actually getting your buffs when the enemy jungler comes to play. If you don't bring Smite when jungling, then you'd best not waste the jungle if there's ANYONE else on your team better than you who wants it. Also, if they jungle with smite they are a better jungler than you. Period. There is no champion I can think of whom you could convince me doesn't need smite; only Shaco and Fiddlesticks don't have their times notably impacted, and with Smite a Shaco will be the enemy jungler's worst nightmare as he steals every buff camp forever with deceive-backstab-smite-dropaboxtocoverescape, while a Fiddlesticks needs it to secure his camps more than almost any other jungler I can think of because he has no burst to finish his camps if someone else shows up.

Any questions?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #982 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:02 am »

One hour, eleven minutes and twenty-nine seconds.
On Twisted Treeline.
It is a quite long time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We were in their base around the 30 minute mark, and we kep backdooring and waiting for an opening for holy-fuck how long, another half an hour?
Their tactic was simple but working, Jarvan is at top and defends the inhibitor I tried to backdoor, and other 4 guys are at bot. They all built very tanky, and still dished out good damage.
Once we got top down, we had pretty much nothing else to do. If I tried to help bot, Jarvan also came and at the time he butchered me whenever he was close enough. But later on two of them died and me and Cho could push against their loner, which made us get bot too.

So, surprisingly fun game, but was maybe little too long.

Also this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:50 pm »

Longest game I can recall playing on TT was 56 minutes a while back.

Mundo/Singed(me)/Teemo vs. Xin/Zilean/Teemo

It was the dumbest thing. Even if we managed to get one of them down (after Zilean used his ult every 40 seconds) We still couldn't goddamn push because their Teemo would put shrooms mid-lane to break minion waves.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 03, 2011, 01:49:11 pm »

Jungling without smite is like laning without items. 'nuff said.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 03, 2011, 02:12:19 pm »

Why exactly is backdooring now bannable?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #986 on: March 03, 2011, 02:34:17 pm »

Why exactly is backdooring now bannable?
It isn't?
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 03, 2011, 02:42:21 pm »

Or is he just throwing crap around?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 03, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »

Backdooring is not and never will be bannable.

It is in Heroes of Newerth but they're all babbies.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 03, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »

Backdooring is a bannable offense in HoN? Why?

Also, best team again. 48 minion kill olaf, boots of swiftness sunfire stack garen. They got raped by AD poppy, that didn't even use sheen, real.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 165