Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165277 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #855 on: February 25, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »

In the game but this last one I was laning with a braindead veigar who spammed his Q and ran out of mana 2 ~ 3 minutes in, not to mention he was checking bushes before minions spawned with his face, considering the enemy team had DPS champs with stuns that would turn him into a first blood faster then we could say gg. When I pointed out that sion was in the bush, he actualy went there and died. I assume that when your teamate points out there's a full health champ with one of the best stuns in the game is in a bush near him, he's telling you to be careful, not to attack him, apparently I was wrong.

We won anyway though because their tryndamere and pantheon were terrible and both left.
If that Veigar was smart, he would have shot his W into that bush (and possibly his E). That tends to get people to learn to not stand in place for too long :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 25, 2011, 10:38:59 pm »

Veigar is supposed to spam his q though. But he's supposed to have mana regen runes of some sort.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 25, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »

He's not supposed to spam his Q any more than Nasus is meant to spam his Q.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 26, 2011, 12:49:48 am »

More adventures in fail day.

Game 5: 4 man premade. Tell me not to be a "sucky bitch" cause if I fail, they'll report me together. I get best score as Soraka (2 kills 2 deaths). All the others fail with 1 kill each and gabillion deaths. At the end of the game they report me for "not being a team player".

Game 6: Rammus maxes taunt last, saying "More important for Rammus to roll faster." Rammus's roll speed is maxed at level 1... Joined by Akali and Katarina who just can't stop dying like it's the cool thing to do.

Game 7: Woohooo! The enemy team was the Rammus, Akali, and Katarina from the previous game. Completely roflstomped them. Didn't even die once.

Game 8: All Russians throwing insults at each other nonstop in Russian. Our Twisted Fate somehow, through some strange magic, died FIVE times to Mordekaiser in middle. How is that possible? How bad must you be to lose as a ranged character to a melee character with no disables?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 26, 2011, 01:09:27 am »

No. You tap it if it's off CD and there's a last-hittable minion. That's not spam.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 26, 2011, 02:53:21 am »

How is that possible? How bad must you be to lose as a ranged character to a melee character with no disables?

TF already sucks ontop of the fact no one knows a build for him and Morde is a noob stomper who never dies.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 26, 2011, 03:21:08 am »

I've gotten really good at Xin Zhao. Gave up all the advice the guides were telling. I just rush for Black Cleaver, then get a Trinity Force. Boots after BF Sword. Usually the game would be over by here. If there's a Rammus or Malphite or Sion, I get Wits End before Trinity Force. I don't bother with Sword of the Divine or Youmuu (these two are considered the core of Xin Zhao). Spells are ghost and flash.

Does anyone else think that Youmuu's is a stupid item? I think it's too expensive for what little it does. Xin Zhao who gets a Youmuu does so little damage compared to a Xin Zhao with a Black Cleaver. It's a huge, huge difference. And for some reason, people keep saying you must get Youmuu and SotD first. But that's such ridiculous overkill on attack speed but barely any attack damage.

I guess my Xin Zhao excels at exploding squishy characters. The "standard" Xin Zhao seems more like an anti-tank character.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 26, 2011, 04:18:30 am »

I only bother with sword of the divine if there's a annoying jax who need to be hard countered, other than that i think phantom dancer is much nicer as an attack speed item. Youmuu is nice in theory but i never really liked items with an active that must be used in combat, mostly because its not practical and i end up almost never using it, but maybe more experienced players don't have this problem.

I also like wit's end, especially if the enemy stacks armor, the magic damage is good and the mana drain can make a difference against champions with a small mana pool.

And I think IE is pretty good at bursting through squishies, bonus points if you already have a phantom dancer and/or another crit item.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:21:25 am by Sirian »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 26, 2011, 05:11:47 am »

I played Xin for a while and as far as attack speed goes you really don't need to get it over 1.5 since your W gives you another boost when activated and that is pretty much enough for teamfights which rarely last more than it's duration.As far as the build goes, Frozen Mallet and Phantom Dancer were in there most of the time, Last Whisper too and usually Starks Fervor, the rest was mostly situational but it was usually more damage like Inf edge or Black cleaver
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 26, 2011, 05:11:53 am »

Does anyone else think that Youmuu's is a stupid item? I think it's too expensive for what little it does. Xin Zhao who gets a Youmuu does so little damage compared to a Xin Zhao with a Black Cleaver. It's a huge, huge difference. And for some reason, people keep saying you must get Youmuu and SotD first. But that's such ridiculous overkill on attack speed but barely any attack damage.

Youmu's is good because it has armour pen and cooldown reduction, and quite a decent amount. It's actually a very cost effective item overall. Not to mention holding the avarice blade for a short time mitigates the cost somewhat.

I rarely play anyone who can actually put it to use, though. It's mostly good on Yi and Tryndamere.

I've honestly never heard of SotD on Xin Zhao, though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 26, 2011, 05:17:12 am »

I've seen it a few times, it's good against armor only tanks, not just with it's magic damage but the extra 30 AP when you activate it, and the AS bonus isn't that bad either, but yeah, it's much better for champs that focus solely on AS, like Jax
AS - IG

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 26, 2011, 07:23:25 am »

Quote from: umiman
Today is moron day on the EU server. The mental hospitals must have gotten government sanctioned internet access.

I have to confirm that there are much more bad players recently, or at least thats what my last games made me feel.
Basically one or 2 just rush in alone against 3-5 players with no focus whatsoever, and as soon as they get killed in the first teamfight they'll urge everyone to surrender. A couple others will be playing like its a solo game, still farming in the jungle or a lane when the whole enemy team is pushing the last tower mid (or when our team is pushing the last tower mid). Some are afraid to fight and will just turn their tail as soon as an enemy shows an intention of moving in their direction.
Most of them seem to love talking in the chat, but never to plan a strategy, they only use it to insult each other or complain how op the enemy is.

I dunno, maybe there is some kind of holiday and kids are coming in droves (which would explain the often full servers) but it sure is annoying as hell. And i'm not complaining because i lost the last match, winning only feels like the enemy team had more retards.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:30:16 am by Sirian »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 26, 2011, 07:34:43 am »

So i played Xin this morning, we had Sion, Morde, Ashe and an Udyr in our team, they had Nasus, Corki, Garen, Sion and Annivia.Our Morde was a big douchebag who was fed by Corki, so he kept saying how we all suck and he's the best, then he started to flame the other team about how he takes half their hp with his ult, ofcourse they flamed him back and they won rather nicely, that made me think about my Morde playing and i vowed to myself to never play AP Morde again.Also despite having four champs that were tanky and had great tank potential no one went tank.So i was left with initiating duty, which sucked horribly because most of the times my team would come in only after they had focused me to death.We won in the end, but it was a rather meh victory, but i had some fun as Xin :)
AS - IG

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 26, 2011, 09:00:22 am »

Theres really only two builds for TF, AP and AS.

If you want to be useful for your team, go AP. Your cards do stupid amounts of damage and your Q will annihilate any squishies.

If you want to try ganking loners and winning in middle then go AS, max your E up, going R>E>W>Q skilling priority order. The more AS you have the faster you can throw those stupidly powerful E cards faster. This tactic wears of badly in the middle to late game though.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 26, 2011, 09:26:56 am »

Man I fail at this game, oh well its funnish and if people have a problem with me playing they can quit. >.>
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 165