Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165117 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #675 on: February 14, 2011, 09:20:58 am »

http://www.leaguereplays.com/

^ 3rd party LoL replay app. Works like a charm. I think it also showcases the real reason why Riot doesn't want to give us replays. :P

I heard that Riot is working on real replays.
Best part? It could play any game you played.
Ever.

It is a rumor which my friend told me about, so don't get your hopes too high, but if this is true, we can all watch our first game again. Oh dem memories would be great.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #676 on: February 14, 2011, 11:20:29 am »

It is a rumor which my friend told me about, so don't get your hopes too high, but if this is true, we can all watch our first game again. Oh dem memories would be great.

Oh no. I don't want to see my first game.

A bunch of friends told me to get some game called League of Legends because it was free and they all were going to play it. So I fire it up, don't even have time to play the tutorial before they pull me into a game.

Champ selection, I see this array of totally unfamiliar people and theres a ticking clock. Someone tells me to take the human guy (later I find his name is Garen).

So in game, I somehow deduce how the towers and minion waves and bushes work within the first minute or so, without having to walk into a tower to find out how much they hurt. (I am pretty fast at figuring stuff out like that)

However, I build Garen all wrong because I have no idea how to play him. First I max my W, then my Q, and only after those are maxed do I max my E (spin). I also built him as a tank item-wise.

I didn't play the game again for a couple months, but when I did fire it up again, I also played Garen, and played just as horrible.

It was only after that game when I started picking different characters that I finally started figuring out how the game actually worked.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 14, 2011, 03:28:22 pm »

Anyone else getting this kind of sprees whenever you start playing someone you normally don't?

I did, with jungle Nunu on Twisted Treeline, I bought him for the hell of it, went jungling (though I had never done it before) just to see if it could work and found myself with 5 consecutive wins. Then I got Nunu with our team going all random on Summoner's Rift, confident I could jungle after doing so well on 3v3.

I died to the golem. Then failed to kill it on the second try and had to kill other jungle creeps 'til level 3 when I finally got my revenge.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 14, 2011, 06:16:18 pm »

Yeaaaah, harassing with Kat is fine once you hit 6 but I've had a LOT of difficulty surviving to 6 against decent players so far.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 14, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »

So I pick malzahar for the first time in today's only game (waking up early tomorrow), pick first blood, another kill, nearly a double, 2 people on my team suddenly DC, at the same time, come back 10 mins later, go 0 4 0, feed mundo and kog to hell and back. Even the MF who was using the spy skin and the only not completely terrible one lost mid to kog. How can people even be this bad? While I'd usualy be happy to have tryndamere on my team ("oh hey!, a hard OP AD carry that can force the enemy team to trade 2 or more champions to kill him"), ALL tryndameres I've played with thus far have been pants-on-head retarded, except for a single one who actualy carried us, 1 in what, 7?

In my last game with Naxza we lost because carries couldn't do crap, he went top with singed and I went bot with teemo and we facerolled the lane, but lost because the other 2 carries couldn't stay alive for, well, the life of them :P

I ended the game with more kills and assist then all carries (and less deaths except for one), AS TANK TARIC, how is that even possible?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 14, 2011, 10:23:11 pm »

Because the enemy team probably focused your carries down, leaving only the tanks alive who can happily murderate the very little hp remainders. Thus it inflates the vicious cycle of carries not getting fed, while the tanks get fed allowing the tanks to do more damage than the carries who will then on never get fed etc...

Edit:
I like this image, it showcases my exact feelings when I'm left alone at a tower as Soraka:

Taken from a LoL comic here: http://soraka.blogspot.com/

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 15, 2011, 01:15:49 am »

The problem with that, though, is how are the enemies dying to tank/s over 10 seconds since being hit by a carry, if they're good enough to focus down the carry in the first place?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 15, 2011, 01:36:27 am »

The problem with that, though, is how are the enemies dying to tank/s over 10 seconds since being hit by a carry, if they're good enough to focus down the carry in the first place?
The stupidity of humans is something the human mind will never be able to comprehend.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 15, 2011, 06:13:52 am »

So, last night I randomly chose Malzahar in an arranged 5v5. I did quite well. We still lost, but it was after an amazingly close game. The next game where I chose him myself, we lost horribly.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:37 am »

I'm not playing this game a lot, I'll admit. Recently got to level 8. Also tried Blitzcrank. I was intending to play Kayle, but somebody else had picked her first. So I looked at what champions we had in our team: Master Yi, Sona, Kayle and Fiddlesticks. Tank time! And Blitzcrank is free this week.

11/2/12 :P

Too bad he costs a fuckton of IP :(

Also I am only level 8 after all, so the guys I was up against were derp enough that they didn't even hide behind their minions when they knew I was in their lane. And apparently Fiddlesticks thought that his Ult was an instant win button no matter the circumstances.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 15, 2011, 11:04:04 am »

I was amused by this soraka comic and decided to play her a bit for fun. Won 2 (edit : 3) matches so far, i never got a kill (never tried to), but i had lots of assists, low deaths (3) and more importantly most of my teammates had low deaths too :)

I think that healers are underestimated, people are so focused towards killing that they rarely see the incredible tactical advantage of heals. I'll keep playing her for a bit, its a nice change from my usual dps champions.

Edit : i also noted that when i try to play soraka, someone often leaves the queue, or someone says "not soraka plz" but hey, we still win the matches =)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:45:28 am by Sirian »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 15, 2011, 12:07:11 pm »

Because the enemy team probably focused your carries down, leaving only the tanks alive who can happily murderate the very little hp remainders. Thus it inflates the vicious cycle of carries not getting fed, while the tanks get fed allowing the tanks to do more damage than the carries who will then on never get fed etc...

Edit:
I like this image, it showcases my exact feelings when I'm left alone at a tower as Soraka:

Taken from a LoL comic here: http://soraka.blogspot.com/

Problem is, I actualy protected them. I healed them all the time, stunned enemies rushing them, shattering in the enemy's face to help debuff their armor so maybe tryndamere and she could do something, even turnedm y ultimate aura on to give them extra damage, yet this all went poof or died pushing a lane alone even though me and ashe warned them several times, but no, teemo thinks he can just stay still forever and lay mushrooms and he'll be untoucheable and tryndamere thinks his spinning slash and endless rage can save him from anything, then die horribly. I'm taric, not Jesus, I can't protect 3 people when they have zero sense of survivability.

Many a time I stayed behind holding 3 or 4 champions down so they could excape, but then they turn around and try to fight and die horribly. Whats worse, when they actualy have health and I initiate, they refuse to join in untill its far too late, because apparently getting the wraith camp or going back to buy something is more important then winning teamfights.
I know taric is supposed to give people kills using his several auras, heals and dazzle, but Its sorta hard when they aren't even trying.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:09:00 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 15, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »

I was amused by this soraka comic and decided to play her a bit for fun. Won 2 (edit : 3) matches so far, i never got a kill (never tried to), but i had lots of assists, low deaths (3) and more importantly most of my teammates had low deaths too :)

I think that healers are underestimated, people are so focused towards killing that they rarely see the incredible tactical advantage of heals. I'll keep playing her for a bit, its a nice change from my usual dps champions.

Edit : i also noted that when i try to play soraka, someone often leaves the queue, or someone says "not soraka plz" but hey, we still win the matches =)
Soraka is OP! :P

I got a 6 kill spree last night as Soraka through some strange divine intervention.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 15, 2011, 02:03:07 pm »

I won a no-tank solo queue game last night as a first-time Kayle.

Our team was Kayle, Soraka, Karthus, Fiddlesticks, Ezreal.

There's no such thing as a squishy on a team with two heals and a 3-second invincibility button.

The other team was convinced we were premade.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 15, 2011, 02:32:18 pm »

Kayle, along with Soraka and Mundo (to a lesser extent), is one of those champions that need more love. She's pretty good, having a heal, a pseudo endless rage, a ranged slow that deals damage plus that awesome spells that turn her into a ranged carry with added AoE magical damage.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 165