Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165124 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #660 on: February 13, 2011, 08:21:31 am »

Zilean is an evil, evil man. AP Corki feels like AP Kog'maw in that you're giving up the ability to ruin someone's day in a fairly easy way for the ability to ruin someone's day in a way that
1: Requires landing skill shots (though Corki's are easier than Kog's, which go HEY GUYS SLIME DROPPING HERE IN A SECOND, SO DON'T MOVE)
2: Sacrifices a powerful but expected form of running-people-over for a less predictable one.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 13, 2011, 08:42:02 am »

Well if i do AD Corki i suck and die terribly, AP is nice since i have some runes and three of his abilities scale with AP, i also prefer spamming rockets and phospor bombs from a bit of a distance since corki isn't exactly tough so gattling isn't so great.

Edit:
That said i just faced a hybrid Corki, he was doing rather nicely, mincing us with a mix of AD and ability spam
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 13, 2011, 09:35:04 am »

The problem is Corki's passive is wasted as AP.

Unless Lich Bane procs affect its rate, anyway. In which case Oh god.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 13, 2011, 09:58:53 am »

I just scored my first pentakill with Karthus

it went like this:
enemy team slays our entire team but are all very low on health
teammate: let's surrender :(
me : bye bye
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 13, 2011, 12:38:02 pm »

Hmm yea but its not like it takes much skill to ulti with karthus. Not saying you lack skill, but i just don't like this way of being killed.

Anyway, i just had an interesting match. We started a match with a premade team, me as tristana, an ezreal, a sion, a leblanc, and a warwick (warwick was the only lvl 10 of the team, the rest of us were lvl 30). So yea, now that i think about it, thats a crappy team composition... But here's what happened.

I go bot with sion, ezreal wanted mid, and ww and leblanc go top. We're against annie and nunu bot, and i think they had rammus jungle/helping lanes, mundo mid and kayle solo top.

So the match starts, and i get a first blood from annie (who was playing really bad, they told us after the match that it was her 2nd game, so it evens out with our warwick who was a feeder and ended at 0/14), and sion gets the kill on nunu, all that at lvl 1. We farm a bit, blah blah, i get another kill from annie, and then rammus charges in. Sion gets killed but i manage to kill them both (nunu and rammus), we take down the tower, we go mid, kill mundo (ezreal was asking for help), i go top, kill Kayle, and at this point i think "ok this match is as good as won". So i just relax and jungle a bit, farming and whatnot, harassing mid, but somehow some of our team start to get killed when i'm away.

Long story short, we start pushing 2 towers mid and my team doesnt retreat when they should and tend to get killed, i cover as i can but i'm only one tristana...

So yea, i was around 10 kills when i'm killed for the first time (i think its reasonable to assume that at this point i had the focus.) Rammus just charges in outta nowhere with his ball thing (stun), does his combo (ulti+taunt+armor thing), all their team follows, and before i can even cast my jump i'm done for. Bleh. At this point i start noticing that mundo became very hard to kill with kayle healing him, and nunu is almost as hard to bring down. They tear down our outer towers and 2 towers mid.

All in all it was kinda heroic defense from our team but by the time we managed to buy our madreds to counter nunu, rammus and mundo's tankiness, all inhibs were down, and even though i managed to kill or severely injure most of them when i was around, i kept getting focused and could barely survive the start of teamfights and had to run all the time to go heal. And they kept coming in waves, until the nexus was finally down.

The interesting thing here is the score i got. I had by far the most damage dealt, most creeps killed (both regular and jungle creeps), most kills, most assists, the less deaths (15/3/10), most gold gained, most towers destroyed, etc... of both teams. I mean looking at the graph i had scores like 2-3 time higher than everyone else, and yet we still lost.

So yea i guess i'm a bit disappointed, i mean, what more could i have done ??

oh and sorry for the wall of text  :P

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #665 on: February 13, 2011, 03:53:57 pm »

The thing is, if you get all gold and other bonuses in your team, once you are away from the fight (dead, farming, doing something else) your team can't do much. So if you are gonna get all the kills, assists and minion kills, make sure you're in the teamfights. Don't let all that gold get wasted on killing creeps.
Backdooring won't be an option either if your team can't win in 4 vs 5 (only backdoor when your team can hold the enemies without you)

Now, I rarely play Teemo. Or rarely have played, at least. I started to play with him recently, winning my first game.
Then the second one.
Third and fourth one too.
And before I notice, my 9 games as Teemo have all been victories. What is this I don't even
Teemo and Shaco in TT are really fun, traps everywhere. Try it out, most of my games as Teemo are in TT.

Anyone else getting this kind of sprees whenever you start playing someone you normally don't?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #666 on: February 13, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »

Anyone else getting this kind of sprees whenever you start playing someone you normally don't?

Yeah. I picked up Lux all of a sudden and suddenly I was winning a lot more games.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 13, 2011, 04:59:19 pm »

I'll never know why but my first games as taric were much better then my first games as cho'gath, sometimes I even had more kills then most of my team mates, IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 13, 2011, 06:15:13 pm »

http://www.leaguereplays.com/

^ 3rd party LoL replay app. Works like a charm. I think it also showcases the real reason why Riot doesn't want to give us replays. :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 13, 2011, 06:27:04 pm »

I really like when things work perfectly in ranked, the team talks, they pick the right champions that the team needs, you ban the right ones too, you push the solo lane like crazy, one of the DC's halfway trough the game and you are done before they can surrender :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #670 on: February 13, 2011, 08:02:19 pm »

Hai! Tobelius on LoL. I try to play whatever is needed. Have purchased Shen, Akali, Panth so far.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #671 on: February 13, 2011, 08:52:27 pm »

I think it also showcases the real reason why Riot doesn't want to give us replays. :P

Why is that?
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 14, 2011, 02:17:31 am »

I think it also showcases the real reason why Riot doesn't want to give us replays. :P

Why is that?
The game currently only shows you what happens on your view exactly. You've probably noticed that when you have some serious lag, it's as if the game has wierd issues like lifebars not appearing and things like that. That's because for everywhere that's not inside your view, the game updates in increments (I think it's 5 second increments, not sure). Also, some of the graphics and animations are turned off anywhere that you are not looking.

Addendum:
I was on two teams that was filled with 4 instalocking squishy dpsers. So on both teams I told them I'll troll them for their stupidity by playing revive rally Soraka. Both games won. Only died once in both games... I was quite depressed by the outcome...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 14, 2011, 04:26:13 am »

Been trying Katarina. She's frustrating to use, very harassable.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 14, 2011, 06:56:59 am »

Been trying Katarina. She's frustrating to use, very harassable.

Its true that sometimes i can harass kat, but it also happened that i was the one harassed by her. She kept using her bouncing dagger thing, teleporting behind me (i think its called shunpo), and then she would spin and do a lot of damage (i think its death lotus, her ulti). I was using tristana back then, but it was much easier to deal with her as corki because he has a great range with his ulti and with valkyrie to escape the shunpo its not good to follow him.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 165