Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165066 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #645 on: February 11, 2011, 10:59:55 pm »

From bad to worse:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The bad thing of playing support, is that you'll be blamed by everyone if your team does badly, even though you weren't the one attacking 2 champions 2 levels higher then you, and even when you're practically the only one doing what you're supposed to do.

I know taric is a support tank, but I was playing Taric, not jesus, I can't save an akali who blindly rushes mundo and ryze just because both are at half health, even though both ryze and mundo do brutal damage in early game and have the some of the best slows and stuns in the whole game.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 11, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »

Surprisingly no, she was one of the last to lock, me thinks, although she still chose akali after seeing I was the only non AD champion in the team.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:05 pm »

Color me surprised. Perhaps I'm just quick to set stereotypes, but Akalis always seem to be the autolockers who kill-steal everything, Shens are a-holes that don't bother saving the team, tanking, or bothering with teamfights and then calls the rest of the team bad, Master Yis have superiority complexes and overestimate their own abilities, and so forth.

I haven't actually won in a few days now: I've been too tied up with school to dedicate myself to getting that FWotD bonus, and the few games I do get in end up being losses.

It's not me, it's them! Really!

Ashes that think they're entitled to mid everygame, fiddlesticks that think popping their ultimate will save any teamfight, sonas that think they're better then janna, warwicks that think their ultimate is a win button, garens that think sunfire cloak + spin is still super OP, to name a few :P
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 11, 2011, 11:35:22 pm »

Surprisingly no, she was one of the last to lock, me thinks, although she still chose akali after seeing I was the only non AD champion in the team.

Akali is actually an AP champion, if you look at her build she's getting AP items, not AD. I know that every time i get killed by an akali, most of the damage is magical.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 11, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »

Eh, you're right actualy, my bad. She was still terrifyingly bad though, so it didn't make much of a difference :P
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 11, 2011, 11:58:23 pm »

Wow, that was an odd game.

We got cut down to our last three turrets, I was sat in base holding off their Yi (who ran like a pussy every time I went near him, despite the fact he was level 18 and I was 14 and he could've probably taken down the tower before I could kill him etc etc), so I was feeding up on minions and the like. Our Udyr was pushing bottom solo despite him being underlevelled compared to the enemy team and the rest of our team was fighting in the jungles.

And, yet, we won. We'd managed to feed their entire team (Yi jungling and Ashe and Gangplank in a single lane with Taric and Sio up top) upto level 15-18, so we were having trouble killing them but...

When we did, we started seriously kicking arse. We managed to push them back, their Yi smashed away our mid tower + inhibitor, we did the same to their's and their bottom tower + inhibitor, their Yi tried to force a surrender that failed and so he ragequitted. By this point, our entire team was gorged, we had a Udyr running around like a mad man and finishing their last inhibitor and our inhibitor respawned.

It was a total reversal the likes of which I have never seen except in the game I played just before that (WHICH MUST NEVER BE MENTIONED FOR THE SHAME OF IT).

EDIT: Just finished a game this morning. Was a loss. I think I did alright, early game harrassment with rupture kept the enemy at 10-20% health (didn't manage to get a kill, though) and I started to get enough last hits to get Rune of Preservation + boots about five minutes in (I think...), but then a fucking level 9 Ashe came out of nowhere and raped me. Our Tristana had failed at having any presence in mid (she died like... six times) and so was underlevelled, poorly equipped and then came top to try and make me protect her. Our Yi got himself killed on towers THREE TIMES by being too kill greedy. Our Kayle ended up being a reasonable player. And our god damn Twisted Fate was running around screaming "I'M A CARRY YOU GUYS AREN'T SUPPORTING ME ENOUGH."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:22:26 am by Farseer »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 12, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

Okay I was made to play tanks. I had 2 complete reversals ala Farseer plus this game.

Vlad wasn't anything special, losing to ashe in mid, yi wasn't super either, but holy crap, that blitz did some sweet grabs with milimetric precision. Our teamfights went somewhat like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vlad goes into the fray being derp and taking damage but attracting their attention, then blitz did an awesome rocket grab, I followed with a dazzle, and whoever he grabbed would be dead in seconds, then we'd take on the rest of their team taking damage while yi charged in at full force while I kept heals up in between dazzling anyone with low health and using shatter and ultimate to take people down. Blitz + Taric is such a hilarious combo, he'll grab and uppercut them into the air while Taric dazzles them for a very low slow and considerable damage.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 12, 2011, 04:15:02 pm »

Vlad, Anivia, and Rammus getting super nerfed.

Ryze getting remade into an Ashe of magic and a spell machinegun. (Finally. I never understood Ryze players... Annie did the exact same thing better.)

All armor that gives cooldown reduction also getting nerfed.

I've been winning a LOT of games as Gangplank. 1500 damage crits are nice. Oh, hello Akali? Bang. There goes 2/3rd of your health.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 12, 2011, 04:20:44 pm »

Nooo my frozen hearth and spirit visage :<
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 12, 2011, 04:47:21 pm »

Hmmm, you know, I wonder how Kayle and Taric would do in lane togheder. Both have heals, ranged slow/stun and an ultimate that greatly boosts their survivability. They would also probably complement eachother pretty well too, kayle has more damage while taric can soak alot of it, and Taric shatter aura would boost her survivability even further while simplifying farming.

Let us try it when I come back, it'll be some hours though.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 12, 2011, 08:45:05 pm »

So, for those of you who think one or two people can carry an entire team- Think once more.

Janna/Morgana and Old!Twitch
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 12, 2011, 10:00:24 pm »

New twitch can still do it, all he needs to do is a decent deal of lifesteal, crits, armor pen and damage items, go into stealth, wait teamfight to start, pop ultimate, pentakill. The difference now is that new twitch needs help to do it, old twitch could stop a whole push by sitting at turret and shooting his ultimate when the enemy team tried anything, I know because I played twitch and several times I've killed whole teams this way.

Anyway, gotta buy Taric before he gets rotated out, I'm curious about the new champion though.

EDIT: So me and Naxza just tried putting Kayle and Taric in the same lane, and it was pretty fun. We laned against mord and malzahar, and it was a pretty balanced fight, they were very aggressive but we just healed eachother backup and kept harassing. Regarding kills, we were at a stalemate. I would go in with exhaust and ignite and pick off a kill but mal's and mord's damage over time would get me, but then when this happened the other would have to play safe or risk being burned to death by Naxra and back off. Our lane only fell because 4 champions rushed us while our sion pushed and our ryze did... Something.

Our lane was the very last to fall, and eventualy we turned things around and won. Basicaly Kayle+Taric in a great combo, we would've completely dominated the lane if we weren't evenly matched with people that actualy knew what they were doing, and even then it took a 4 champion charge to get the best of us. We also contribute alot to teamfights and keep everyone healthy, we need to do this more often.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:48:28 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 13, 2011, 05:44:48 am »

Man, I failed. I was up against a champion I didn't know (that clock mage guy) and Taric. Got raped by the random abilities that guy seemed to be able to shoot from every orifice every couple've seconds.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 13, 2011, 05:51:27 am »

Zilean is a bitch
In other news AP Corki is just insanely fun and awesome to play, i almost always get the first kill on mid since people forget about my Valkyrie and ignite, and i have never completed the build since we always win too fast, and i really wanna see what a Big one does with some 400-ish AP
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 13, 2011, 08:11:42 am »

Zilean is a bitch
In other news AP Corki is just insanely fun and awesome to play, i almost always get the first kill on mid since people forget about my Valkyrie and ignite, and i have never completed the build since we always win too fast, and i really wanna see what a Big one does with some 400-ish AP

I did the math and it should do 608 aoe magic damage. Corki doesnt have as good ratios on his spells as some other champions but i guess its because he has low cooldowns. I wouldnt try to play him AP though, mainly because his gatling gun scales with AD and shreds armor (so it benefits his autoattack).

When playing Corki, i usually go with the ionian boots, an early manamune, phantom dancer and a bloodthirster. And then if the game is not over i try to build a black cleaver, and/or a frozen mallet, depending on what my teammates already have. Also infinity's edge sometimes. Oh and a madred's bloodrazor if they have lots of life (mundo, chogath, shen, warmogs armor, etc...)

Edit : oh and i just remembered another thing : corki's passive also scales with AD (+10% true damage to his attacks).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:36:25 am by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 165