Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165086 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #630 on: February 09, 2011, 01:16:06 pm »

Galio is very fun but I am terrible at him (and tanks in general). I stopped playing him over a month back though (after the infamous "incident") and should probably give him another go. I have gotten noticeably better since then and probably will be better at knowing when it initiate.

Incident? :p

Tactic that really pisses me off: You know a team is about to lose when they all start grouping up and gangraping as a team. It's also a horrible tactic since it just spoils the entire game and usually makes them win. =/

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:20 pm »

Galio is very fun but I am terrible at him (and tanks in general). I stopped playing him over a month back though (after the infamous "incident") and should probably give him another go. I have gotten noticeably better since then and probably will be better at knowing when it initiate.

Tactic that really pisses me off: You know a team is about to lose when they all start grouping up and gangraping as a team. It's also a horrible tactic since it just spoils the entire game and usually makes them win. =/
I believe that is called the teamfight phase.

Acting like its still the laning phase when that is going on is gonna make you lose.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #632 on: February 09, 2011, 03:34:10 pm »

Yeah, the time I was in a premade with some friends and lost us an entire game because I accidentally hit R instead of E  :'(
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 09, 2011, 04:18:56 pm »

I believe that is called the teamfight phase.

Acting like its still the laning phase when that is going on is gonna make you lose.

Eh, they all had far lower levels than us (we'd be soundly beating them 2v2 and 1v1) and they only managed to scrape back together by doing the gangbang thing.

Also, I just ragequit a game. :| Had Corki at 1/4 health, he was exhausted and I was at 1/2 health and I'd done the whole "speedy Galio wings" thing. The Sion behind me went "HURPA DURPA" and ran away...

To let me get killed by the Corki. Seriously, what the shit? I said in chat, "What are you doing?" "Running away he might kill me. :(" :|

Seriously.

:|

EDIT: Are there any free champions like Tristana on Facebook?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 04:33:34 pm by Farseer »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 09, 2011, 06:06:52 pm »

When there's a whole team out prowling you don't stand around in a lane alone, you team up, find them, kill them, and push. If you're going to clear a lane you take help. Better yet, pick 4 teamates, fight them, and send the lone one (usualy a yi, udyr or other good pusher) and backdoor them. Teams who stick togheder in the same lane fighting for a turret for too long can be countered by sending a pusher to eat their turrets.

In other news RIOT PLAYS AGAINST BOTS, BOTS WIN, COMMUNITY GOES OLOLOLOL
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:19:55 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #635 on: February 09, 2011, 06:57:47 pm »

In other news RIOT PLAYS AGAINST BOTS, BOTS WIN, COMMUNITY GOES OLOLOLOL

Eh, if you watched it in detail the Riot team was intentionally not playing well.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 09, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »

Oddly ryzebot wasn't on the match, they made new ones. There's a Cho'Gath bot now :D
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #637 on: February 09, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »

Are we so sure that's intentional? Think of their recent updates...

Yeah. They were last hitting worse than me (and these guys know how to last hit) during the laning phase, and did stupid things like turning around to fight again when at 150hp.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 09, 2011, 11:11:31 pm »

I think corki is my new favorite champion, i just scored 22/2/13 with him though i made a lot of mistakes. This little guy really has an incredible harass potential during laning phase, at least once he hits lvl 6, and his escape is just great since it burns the people chasing you. I really like to hit and run with him, also he is useful all the match, his ultimate makes him great at early/mid game, and his dps makes him great at end game. The only problem is you need a team that's not trying to go into brawls in the jungle all the time. But other that that he's an amazing pusher =).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 10, 2011, 12:15:21 pm »

And Corki also does so much true damage. With Black Cleaver and Stark's Fervor, his gatling gun will reduce armor by 110. This is an armor reduction, not penetration, which means that he will do even more damage than true damage on characters with less than 110 armor.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 10, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »

http://www.own3d.tv/video/68167/Riot_vs_Bots_

The Rioters vs bots match was hilarious to watch. I definitely recommend it if you have time, you will laugh your ass off! I won't spoil it, but the bots are amazing. xD

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 11, 2011, 12:47:41 pm »

I really, really like Cho'Gath. So fun to play.

I started a normal game and sucked at the start but really started to get used to the controls about halfway in.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 11, 2011, 04:59:08 pm »

Oh, man.

I REALLY like Cho'gath.

He starts off slow, but capable of harrassment (especially when players get cocky and stand by turrets <3 the delayed rupture attack) and then rapidly accelerates to "IS THAT A CHAMPION OR A FUCKING MOUNTAIN COMING OVER THE HILL?!" levels of awesome.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 11, 2011, 10:14:20 pm »

You know, I was sorta ok when I lost a game and ended up having the most kills in a team with several powerful carries as Cho'Gath, because even though I aways build him as a tank, he still has alot of power.

But when I have to pick off kills as Taric, a mostly supportive tank, surpassing kassadin, udyr, jax and with the same ammount of kills as the mid ashe, then I think there's something wrong with my team.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Although udyr was pretty good, even though he was a lanedyr. Him and me almost didn't get to farm because we were busy running around saving people, or trying to.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:15:52 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 11, 2011, 10:49:18 pm »

Add me, by the way. My name's Autarkhos.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 165