Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165032 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #615 on: February 08, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »

So... How should I start getting into this? :p

Also, why is it being sold on Steam for £15 when it's free on their website? o.O

Buy Dr. Mundo and play on 3v3, or buy Vladamir and play on....anywhere.

Poppy is an excellent champ for 3v3.

@Farseer: Do you want a general summary of the game and gameplay?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 08, 2011, 09:48:52 pm »

Looks like I'm built for tanks. Just tried taric for the first time and did pretty well, and made cassiopeia cry as I melee'd a turret to death in front of her while she constantly casted spells at me for over 12 seconds and my HP refused to go down due to ultimate.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 08, 2011, 10:25:49 pm »

FINALLY, after all this time I get to try out the only champion I've never used before. Udyr.

And Jesus Christ, the guy is immortal. This coming from a guy who mains tanks, I'm telling you... Udyr is probably the single most survivable champion in the game.... as long as he has mana. With just Wriggle's, Rageblade, and Randuin's I soloed baron without taking any real damage. That's pretty crazy. Permanent Rageblade ftw. I think I prefer using him in full on super turtle mode simply because he just goes "what turret?" but his full DPS mode is also quite intense. It almost feels like I'm using a Madred's on him at all times.

A bit boring to play though, just rolling whatever combination of qwer that you need at the time. Kinda like Sona. Not to mention his mana problems. If you ever want to shut down Udyr, just steal his blue and get a wits end. The guy will fall so fast with that tiny, tiny mana pool.

I still don't know who would win in a fight though... Udyr or Warwick. I'm confident Warwick would beat Udyr in the early game simply because of Udyr's ridiculous mana problems even with golem buff (and the fact that his base stats are better) but late game? Hard to say...

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 08, 2011, 11:05:27 pm »

FINALLY, after all this time I get to try out the only champion I've never used before. Udyr.

Man, I love Udyr post-level 11. He's a bit of a carry before that, though, unless you gimp yourself a bit early on by taking tiger.

Also, ALWAYS get a Triforce. ALWAYS.

@Farseer: Do you want a general summary of the game and gameplay?

I'm doing alright, actually. :D I'm a bit sucky, to be honest, but I'm not completely useless like a few team mates I've seen ("Herpa derpa someone is killing me walk backwards and forwards until I die").

I guess all you guys are on US servers?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #619 on: February 08, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »

So after far too many botgames for ip I bought Lux

And the Sorceress Lux skin

And then I played a game as her, DuoQing with Naxza (Nidalee)

So, my first real game as Lux after buying her went pretty well for me, bad for my team.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All of us played well except for Ryze, who fed the other Ryze to 20 stacks way early in the game. (Udyr and Nid got ganked a lot and were the first to go down in teamfights after Ryze)

Ryze should not:
1) Solo another Ryze with more levels and stacks and items
2) Initiate a teamfight
3) Solo the entire enemy team
All three were broken by this ryze.

Two of my deaths were teamfights lost because of Ryze. On the other hand, I could have had 2-3 more kills had I not missed my ult so many times. Gotta get better at aiming that.

Even though it was a loss I felt it was my best game as Lux so far.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:06 am »

Would Manamune be a good item for Udyr if he has such mana problems ? I used it on Corki and it felt like once you have it you can (and should) pretty much spam your abilities all the time.

Also I think I agree with Dakk's theory, some players really focus on the pvp thing and seem to think that the game is all about getting kills and acing the enemy team.

But really the game is about pushing the lanes and destroying the towers until you get to the nexus, sure the fights are entertaining but they are not the most important thing. So yea, when you're scolded for not doing like the rest of the team and trying to solo vs 5 because a couple of them are low health, its really frustrating.

Also now that i think about it, those teammates with 20 kills and 20 deaths really work against their own team, because there is no way that a more cautious player can catch up with the gold and xp involved in all this killing. So they feed and get fed, but in the end if you're not as crazy as them, you end up behind and you won't stand a chance if you get caught. So you get even more cautious and everyone rages at you for being useless in teamfights.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:37:02 am by Sirian »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 09, 2011, 05:05:44 am »

Regarding the kill theory.

It's vaild i call it kill hornynes i've noticed this with myself several times when i've got someone down to low health and go like MUST HAVE KEEL and will randomly riftwalk right in the smack of enemy champs
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 09, 2011, 05:09:52 am »

I get that too sometimes, but most of the time i don't care enough to chase them, so i go farm.Don't know why i find such great pleasure in killing creeps, but whenever i can i kill the shit out of them, that's why even when i have less kills or more deaths than my teammates mid game i am usually the same or even higher level
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 09, 2011, 05:24:08 am »

Most high-level games will focus around farming. A kill is not Fun and Profit because you kill them and get a gold bounty and a tick by your name, it's time you spend farming unharassed (or less harassed), getting every last hit in the wave, with them NOT gaining exp or gold as they respawn then run back.

Even if you can't get a kill, threatening one to force someone to b is nearly as good.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 09, 2011, 05:36:20 am »

Most high-level games will focus around farming. A kill is not Fun and Profit because you kill them and get a gold bounty and a tick by your name, it's time you spend farming unharassed (or less harassed), getting every last hit in the wave, with them NOT gaining exp or gold as they respawn then run back.

Even if you can't get a kill, threatening one to force someone to b is nearly as good.

Yeah, this is one of the few games where I can definitely say that every kill matters.

On topic: I like the look of this Cho'gath guy, should I try him out?

EDIT: Also, should I switch to American servers?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:38:02 am by Farseer »

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #625 on: February 09, 2011, 07:48:30 am »

That's one reason I am greatly enjoying Lux. I don't have to stick my neck out to get kills.  I just ult them as they run away. :)

I can't speak for DFC, but pretty much everyone from Zettabyte and GitP play on the US servers, as do Naxza and I.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #626 on: February 09, 2011, 08:46:32 am »

Yeah, this is one of the few games where I can definitely say that every kill matters.

On topic: I like the look of this Cho'gath guy, should I try him out?

EDIT: Also, should I switch to American servers?

Do try Cho. He is really powerful tank, and still has lots of damage. His passive lets him stay in the lane for ages if he can get the last hits. Fed tank Cho is almost unkillable.

He also can be built as an Ok mage, as all of his abilities scale with AP, and they have quite ok ratios as well.
You should try solomid Cho'Gath, a good soloer rapes faces there. I'm not a good Cho so I don't rape faces.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 09, 2011, 11:49:35 am »

Cho's overall great, I aways mid with him when I get the chance, I only ever lose when people either leave or are too derpface retarded to take advantage of the fact I facerolled mid lane and crippled the enemy carry in gold and levels on mid with him. Cho's not a regular tank, he doesn't save people, he jumps on the enemy's face with his slow and silence, and eats them.

The secret to being a good cho is learning to use his rupture (his Q) and his ultimate. Rupture is by far one of the best AoE damaging slow spells in the game, it can even interrupt chanelled ultimates like warwick's! His ultimate, apart from being a melee one target nuke that does true damage (can't be reduced by either armor or magic resistance) gathers stacks which give him extra health. Remember, early in the game, if you're not getting chances to use his ultimate to kill champions, use it on minions to gather stacks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:54:22 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:33 pm »

Just played my first game as Galio on the US servers. :p My first game EVER as Galio, in fact.

It was fun, mainly because the enemy Udyr kept running into us and trying to punch us whilst being only in bear form. Nom nom nom. Meals on wheels!

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #629 on: February 09, 2011, 12:46:41 pm »

Just played my first game as Galio on the US servers. :p My first game EVER as Galio, in fact.

It was fun, mainly because the enemy Udyr kept running into us and trying to punch us whilst being only in bear form. Nom nom nom. Meals on wheels!

Galio is very fun but I am terrible at him (and tanks in general). I stopped playing him over a month back though (after the infamous "incident") and should probably give him another go. I have gotten noticeably better since then and probably will be better at knowing when it initiate.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 165