Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165021 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #585 on: February 07, 2011, 02:13:25 am »

Every game I go mid with Cho, enemy mid lane gets steamrolled, coincidence? I think nae. Vlad, Ezreal, Kennen, several Luxes, Karthus, Zilean, Ashe, Trist, Several Caitlyns, Kassadin, etc. Everyone I went against on mid using Cho so far either never managed to push mid or died horribly, AND got pushed. Of course there's the very likely possibility taht each and every one of them sucked terribly.

EDIT: And I have to admit that Kennen was a hard match, mostly because she wasn't braindead and kept moving to avoid half of the ruptures.

First off, I think Kennen's a dude. I can't be certain though.
Second off, try facing a Kog. Kogs do damage against your %health and don't proc the shield given by Banshee's, although it will reduce the damage. If the enemy team is tanky, you will destroy them with Kog if they don't all focus you, so just stay back until they blow their abilities and then slaughter them.

That's not to say that Kog > Cho, it's just to say that Kog might be even more of a challenge for you.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 07, 2011, 04:19:29 am »

As a Kog player i second that, Kog'Maw is a DPS designed pureley for countering tanks.That said, like most carries he is very very weak early on but can easily harras you with BAB from a rather long range.But if you allow him to farm up (like they usually do, in one of the recent matches i had some 350 creep kills at the end) he will become an absolute nightmare that takes off 10% of your health two times a second
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2011, 05:06:10 am »

10% minus resistances. Against a tank with 300 Mres (Hi Rammus), which has 75% damage reduction from magic, that becomes 2.5% of his HP per hit.

The thing to keep in mind is that anything you have should be hitting a squishy harder than it hits a tank. Assuming a squishy carry (hi Ashe) is running around with a base of 30 Mres and 50 from a Banshee's Veil (44.444% damage reduction), you'll knock a larger relative amount of her health and get more mileage from your fairly-small-but-still-present physical damage stat.

I can think of very few times you should be trying to down a tank before a squishy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2011, 07:52:45 am »

Kog Maw's ability does true damage, the only actual anti tank item.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:10 am »

Kog Maw's ability does true damage, the only actual anti tank item.
Uh... no. He does magic damage with all his abilities.

Edit: Unless you're talking about his suicide bomb.... then okay. :P

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2011, 11:16:25 am »

The problem with facing cho gath on mid lane is not actualy fighting him, its keeping up with him. He's such a good farmer that when combined with his passive, his health will stay up while he wears people down with rupture. The only way to truly defeat him in a solo lane is to kill him early, but to do so you have to somehow avoid his harrassment and at the same time not be foolish enough to waste all your mana on him while he lumbers around eating minions. Cho'Gath will not directly fight you, he'll wear you down and make you waste time harassing him untill you're weak enough to either go back to base or stay around for another rupture followed by a flash or ghost + feast.

Kog would no doubt have the advantage in the mid-late game, but actualy trying to beat cho in a solo lane on the early game is asking to be outfarmed, mana starved, and eaten. You see, the main reason to why I have beaten these people using cho on mid lane, is because they actualy wasted time harassing me, while I slowly wore them down, one rupture and silencing roar at a time.

Cho is far more dangerous in a solo lane then in a normal one because he's strong from the start, altough he doesn't get much stronger by the late game, unless he risks an AP build, completely unlike a carry, who starts out weak but ends up very strong. Thats why he's so good on mid, he (usualy) won't carry his team, but he'll cripple your carry and push your mid lane unless whoever's playing your carry is really good or you manage to pull a succesful gank on him.

In fact I've been tempted to try an AP cho'gath. He nearly pull 1k damage on mid game and easily in the late game, without using his ultimate, altough he becomes nothing more then tanky caster with an extra melee nuke spell.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2011, 11:19:41 am »

I think Cho Gath vs Warwick in mid would be very funny to watch. Both would be doing nothing to each other.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2011, 12:08:45 pm »

Playing as TF when theres another TF on the other side is very funny. Especially when theres junglers on both sides. I have to constantly watch out for their TF jumping on our jungler early on. Fun though, we just kept throwing yellow cards at our opposite numbers in our lane.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2011, 01:33:14 pm »

They say a picture says a thousand words.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2011, 04:48:13 pm »

Twitch isn't free again ;__;
But on the bright side Corki is and he's super fun :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2011, 05:18:03 pm »

I just bought Karthus, and he is rather much FUN. I had a triple kill last match using my ulti after I died :P
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »

Oh my, every champion I've been planning to play in the last week have been rotated in, all 3!

First I need some jungling tips from Naxza on Udyr though, I wanna try a super interesting build I've told, but I need tips on jungling path and the like.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »

Psh, I never actualy jungled for srs so any jungling tips are apreciated, so thanks. I'll try the stupid funny build my friend gave me and talk to you on the results, if it does work as good as he says you'll have lots of udyr rape funtimes.

I'm also trying AP sion and Taric. AP sion for stupid burst damage, taric for being a jerk and never dying in lane.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2011, 06:13:21 pm »

10% minus resistances. Against a tank with 300 Mres (Hi Rammus), which has 75% damage reduction from magic, that becomes 2.5% of his HP per hit.

The thing to keep in mind is that anything you have should be hitting a squishy harder than it hits a tank. Assuming a squishy carry (hi Ashe) is running around with a base of 30 Mres and 50 from a Banshee's Veil (44.444% damage reduction), you'll knock a larger relative amount of her health and get more mileage from your fairly-small-but-still-present physical damage stat.

I can think of very few times you should be trying to down a tank before a squishy.

His ability at max level does 6%, and most people get Madred's on him so that buffs it up to 10%. His ability has a 0.01 AP ratio on it, which sounds horrible, but that's percentage max health, so with 100 AP it already goes up to 11%.

Note that this is also MAGIC damage. Couple it with his q, which reduces armor by 25, and an AD build, and he's doing 10+% of your HP in magic damage per hit - MagicRes and around 400 attack damage per hit + crits + armor debuff - remaining armor.
The thing is is that you can chunk out health with Kog'maw before super late tank builds of ridiculous armor and magic res (I do understand the approx. 400 AD is super late build, but less late for Kog'maw who can eat creep waves compared to a tank that -usually- can't).

I would have to say that you have a good point, and it's still valid, but Kog'maw seems to be the best out of the carries in taking out tanks.
Also note that you never focus tanks first with a carry (or shouldn't).

Also, 1000 AP Kog'maw builds are fun but in my experience too hard to pull off in a game. Yes, you can one shot entire creep waves with your ooze-ball of slowing pwn, and every attack chunks out 16% of the enemy's health, but you'll attack way too slow for it to be really good. Kog's Ulti does become a 300 MD+ spam-aoe-nuke, though, so that's always fun.

Psh, I never actualy jungled for srs so any jungling tips are apreciated, so thanks. I'll try the stupid funny build my friend gave me and talk to you on the results, if it does work as good as he says you'll have lots of udyr rape funtimes.

I'm also trying AP sion and Taric. AP sion for stupid burst damage, taric for being a jerk and never dying in lane.

Heal Spam Taric is funny to play because he refuses to die, but overrall the best Taric is Aurawhore. I've thought about an AD/AS build for him, but his AS is so atrocious to begin with I don't think it'd be worth it. If he ever got a slight buff to his base attack speed, it would work out so well with his +90 AD + heal ulti.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2011, 06:30:26 pm »

People often buy attack speed runes with taric to use with his ultimate, it usualy gets him a few kills but not something to expect to be effective the whole game unless you're actualy building him for it. Its very powerful in the early game though dazzle some squishy, go in with exhaust when dazzle goes off or ignite, and hammer their face in.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 165