Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164944 times)

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #540 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:46 pm »

That's both egocentric and pessimistic, if you ask me.

Granted some pessimism is required to play LoL and stay sane, but assuming it is YOUR job to carry and win is a bit extreme. I play really often with my brother, and we're both good players, and we still lose all the time.

Besides, you can't really carry as Singed or Soraka.

First:  Singed is a hard carry.

Second: If you lose 'a lot' in a duo queue there is no way both of you are good players. 

Third:  It is your job to carry and win.  That's what they like to call 'not being terrible'.

If you don't win, you need to change your mindset.  My post is a guide on how to think like a winner.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 03, 2011, 06:10:04 pm »

Besides, you can't really carry as Singed or Soraka.

orlynao?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=416679

Carrying against a team that bad is easy enough :P

And while it is possible for a single champion to actualy carry the team on his own, it takes quite a bit of feeding and other circunstances for that to happen, namely an easily peeled enemy team, allies that are not completely useless, etc. It doesnt matter how good you are if your team just isn't doing well enough (or if the enemy team isn't doing bad enough), this isn't speculation, its reality, go ahead and watch a few streams. How many times have locodoco, hotshotgg, reginald and co lost games because their team just wasnt doing good enough? I have seen hotshot play nidalee and stack up a dozen of kills early, but still lose because his teams just weren't doing what they're supposed to do. At several points the enemy team would throw 3-4 champs against him and his team wouldn't take advantage of it. They're ridiculously good top ELO players, and they still lose because their team just wasn't good enough, even when they do their job extremely well, which they often do.

Singed is able to carry, but he can't do it without a decent enough team or people foolish enough to take him 1 on 1 on mid-late game. He can't do the ridiculous things a well played  yi, morgana, twitch, anivia, AP sion and co. can do, for obvious reasons. Singed's role is peeling, and a good peeler can turn a game around if the team can take advantage of it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:14:16 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 04, 2011, 12:52:50 am »

Not the best team I've had, but we won, it was a rather balanced game. I got mid against caitlyn, it was fun seeing her keep asking how I kept healing myself and continuously harassing her. It was a bit hard to deal with her damage early on, but once I got a catalyst rolling I was pretty much unstoppable and pushed the lane. The team wasn't exactly super good but they were mostly tanks so they could handle the harassment.

A team of tanks is super fun to do, assuming you have a carry and someone like sion that can do tons of damage with the right build, though our sion pretty much just bought stuff he liked.

Going mid as cho'gath is aways fun.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58:29 am »

I love being on a team with a good Eve. She makes such a huge difference.

I've also started calculating a team's probability of winning based on number of CC. I think it's fairly accurate. Imagine a team of Sion, Taric, Anivia, Warwick, and Nasus. Isn't that really, really, really scary?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 04, 2011, 03:10:17 am »

I love being on a team with a good Eve. She makes such a huge difference.

I've also started calculating a team's probability of winning based on number of CC. I think it's fairly accurate. Imagine a team of Sion, Taric, Anivia, Warwick, and Nasus. Isn't that really, really, really scary?

Eve makes a huge difference because she forces the enemy team to waste gold just to see her and heals for 650 every time someone dies near her in a teamfight (any kill or assist by her) so if you don't focus her down she WILL heal through whatever crap she catches.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 04, 2011, 01:59:03 pm »

I play really often with my brother, and we're both good players, and we still lose all the time.
It really made my day. Thanks, Naxza ;D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 04, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »

Ok you guys were right, second ranked game i was playing (Kog'Maw) we get a feeding Vlad, and no one is able to kill ther annivia, or do anything for that matter, i try, i really do, my best recent game as Kog'Maw and really there is not much i could do, so fuck yeah retard virus on ranked
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 04, 2011, 09:27:53 pm »

Carrying your team to victory is more about kill deaths. The team needs a leader. If not everyone will run around like headless chickens and even with a spectacular score, you might still lose.

I find that I usually win games where someone is barking orders nonstop. That someone could be me. Could be the Cho Gath with 15 kills. Usually it's the tank, sometimes it's the best player. I think the above post about everyone being stupid is more or less true but it might be a bit pessimistic. It's not like (most) feeders want to lose. If someone is barking sensible, logical orders, more often than not they will follow.

So what that above post said essentially translates to: be an example, and then lead. I think that's the important thing. Even the very, very simple words of:

"No matter what, focus anivia"

Will make a hellalottuva difference in the next fight because that at least gives them an objective. I bark orders all the time. Seriously, nonstop typing. And I've got a heck of a lot more wins than losses. That's my two cents.

Edit: Then once in awhile you come across the complete morons who go out of their way to be moronic. Nothing you can do about those except try to surplant them.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »

I agree with that, when the team has some communication and someone is calling the shots teamfights tend to go overall better then it would if we just individualy decided what to do. Sometimes the team is not pants-on-head retarded and is able to tell that focusing on whatever your team is focusing instead of chasing other champions is the best course of action.

This can play against you too though, sometimes the team is just "too united" and will rush the same lane all the time togheder and be held back by 3 champions while the other two backdoor. And if you break off and go salvage the lane they blame you for not being able to push. Alot of teams just want big teamfights and prefer to let a lone champion freefarm. Most of the times it doesn't matter if you're actualy winning the teamfights, but if they're going nowhere you have to start peeling a bit, letting people like olaf, yi and twitch freefarm is a very bad idea all around.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Meet Cho'GOD (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:51:19 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 05, 2011, 12:16:36 am »

Oh my I wanna see this.

Inb4 annieRyzebot first blood.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:18:18 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 05, 2011, 01:21:49 pm »

So... i was wondering, is a player with lots of kills but lots of deaths considered "good" ?
Because i noticed a trend where several of my teammates have about the same number of kills and deaths, like between 10 and 20, while i have a lower number of kills (half theirs) but also almost no deaths (between 0 and 5 depending on the match length and other factors). Ah, i should mention that my main is tristana.

Also i noticed that i have often bad comments about how i should invest more in team fights instead of farming.

From my point of view, i simply try to only pick the battles that i think i (we) can win, so if someone charges alone vs 3, i tend not to even try helping him. Or sometimes i'm close enough to a teammate chased by baddies, so i'll come and blast them away with buster shot, expecting my ally to escape safely, but instead he starts charging them, as if suddenly the tables had turned, while we're still outnumbered and i'm only trying to buy him time.

So on an average match, i tend to score most of my kills at the end of the game, when i have all my nice gear with ultra high damage. Am i doing something wrong ?
Should i stay in a fight when i'm down to 25% HP ? I just played with some friends and when i told them that i felt like i was playing safer than most people, they laughed saying it was an understatement, but they died a lot in all our matches so i don't know if i should listen to them.

For the record, here is one of my -non unusual- win screens (i'm tristana/KalSirian):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah and maybe its important so i'd like to mention that I noticed  i almost always have the highest damage dealt score of my team, even when i'm not the only physical carry. Also very often, its the highest damage score of both teams.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 05, 2011, 02:48:36 pm »

Looks like that game took forever.

In a generic situation I'd agree with your stance of farming more and fighting less useless battles. So long you aren't getting killed and protecting the lanes, farming is pretty much ok and recommended. My games never last enough to have that many teamfights or farm that much though, usual because I get my team tp push as hard as we can before most of the enemy team respawns.

It sort of depends on your team and the champion you're playing though. Since you're playing a phisical carry that needs lots of money, farming alot then fighting hard later is mostly the best course of action. If you're playing a tank you usualy balance out teamfights and farming, since tanks are universaly useful in teamfights (even the most non-support aggressive ones), and if you team fails you have to fall back and keep the turrets up. There are champions that almost don't farm though, like Eve.

Alot of people don't realize this, but the point of protecting the carries and putting them on mid or other solo lanes is that they get a gold and level advantage so they can get their equips and, well, carry. A carry needs to farm, and farm well, so I don't see anything wrong with the way you play trist, or any other carry for that matter. Of course, you can also boost up your carry by racking up kills, though this only beats farming if you can get killing sprees with ease.

Plus, I have to agree with Naxza too. Many times have I charged in with a tank to get people off my team, and they still turn back and get killed thinking I'm initiating some miraculous teamfight.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 05, 2011, 03:21:41 pm »

Looks like that game took forever.

Yep actually the screenshot was taken because i was happy to finally be able to buy a full build for my tristana, which i wasnt able to do against bots because they get pushed too easily. I also have another one with my max crit damage with this build : 1520 ! =)

Thinking about it, my last game was quite short because i got a couple early kills, pushed a lot and they surrendered (my team was doing ok except retarded rammus), so maybe, unconsciously, when i play safe and mostly farm, i'm trying to lengthen the game to fullfill my dreams of perfect item build and godly damage.

Here's a screen of the last game for comparison :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:37:03 pm by Sirian »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 05, 2011, 03:22:29 pm »

I was just in a 3v5 practice match where the enemy team was having a hard time winning, mostly due to our godlike Shaco but it was still pretty funny.

And any advice for Tyrindamere?
I suck horribly with him and regret every IP i spent on his lousy barbarian ass, should have gotten TF instead :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 165