Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164905 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2011, 01:37:48 pm »

It wasn't a serverwide thing, our game was the only one affected.
If this happened anytime in the last four days, then yes, it was serverwide.

There was a damned large amount of people who couldn't get into a game, and two of those four days the site broke too.

At any rate, the only champions I ever get warmogs on are Mundo and Shen, and I only get one on Shen if he doesn't need his full arrangement of superior tank items to combat the enemy team.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2011, 06:57:31 pm »

It wasn't a serverwide thing, our game was the only one affected.
If this happened anytime in the last four days, then yes, it was serverwide.

There was a damned large amount of people who couldn't get into a game, and two of those four days the site broke too.
That happened to me on my first game, it wasn't so fun.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2011, 08:06:07 pm »

I think the only time I'd advise getting a Warmogs is when you can somehow predict you'll easily be able to get it AND a Force of Nature without problems. Then you'll probably roflstomp everyone.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 02, 2011, 02:21:29 am »

Sivir pretty much has no reason to ever not take Banshee's Veil. While the shield is *normally* a pretty mediocre thing -- people will just use a throwaway skill to clear it -- when combined with Sivir's built in shield skill it becomes a pretty devastating force against skillshots. They clear your Veil with a crap skill and then you use your skill shield immediately afterward because they'll be firing off their Big Crap right afterward.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:33 am »

I think the only time I'd advise getting a Warmogs is when you can somehow predict you'll easily be able to get it AND a Force of Nature without problems. Then you'll probably roflstomp everyone.

Unless you're fiddlestick who dies to golem twice.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 03, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

Feedersticks.

I love playing as Soraka. There's no support like full support Soraka. There's nearly zero chance of killsteal (her damage output is.... really really really really really really really really really really really low), so it means your carries get fed. But her heals. It never ends! Now with so much freaking armor, she can turn that ultra squishy Sivir into tank Sivir and that tank Rammus into invincirammus (FOUR HUNDRED ARMOR). I even tanked a tower just by casting heal on myself.

I don't care what anyone says. Soraka is OP. And she only gets more and more OP the longer the game goes.

Also, 3 second silence is painful.

- Enemy Tryndamere charges into our team like the crazy bastard he is
*Silence*
- Dead Tryndamere

Trololololol

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 03, 2011, 01:10:17 am »

Okay so, it was mid to late game, we had pushed more turrets, but we were behind in kills by 5. Suddenly O HAI SURRENDER VOTE.

4 people vote yes, I vote no. We lose a perfectly fine game.

I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong, sure their ashe was fed due to derp lux, but our yi was equaly fed, it made no sense.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 03, 2011, 01:50:08 am »

*Silence*
- Dead Tryndamere

Trololololol

CC can't stop Endless Rage.

However, as Rammus with Thornmail, you taunt him and he's forced to pop his Rage.

With 2 seconds of taunt left on him. THEN you keep him CC'd down so he can't run off.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 03, 2011, 04:59:26 am »

So i tried solo queue yesterday with Morde, i don't see what all the rage is about, sure we won probably because they had a braindead Le Blanc, but my team was actually good, calling MIA, switching lanes and whatnot
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 03, 2011, 06:00:27 am »

So i tried solo queue yesterday with Morde, i don't see what all the rage is about, sure we won probably because they had a braindead Le Blanc, but my team was actually good, calling MIA, switching lanes and whatnot

You were lucky.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 03, 2011, 11:29:53 am »

*Silence*
- Dead Tryndamere

Trololololol

CC can't stop Endless Rage.

However, as Rammus with Thornmail, you taunt him and he's forced to pop his Rage.

With 2 seconds of taunt left on him. THEN you keep him CC'd down so he can't run off.
Aww, that's kinda sad. But it does prevent him from spinning away. And he can't heal either.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2011, 11:45:16 am »

I almost always play solo queue, and i noticed several categories of games :

1/ You start your laning nicely, maybe get a couple kills, while another lane feeds the enemy. Around the time you take down the first tower, the fed champions come and get some more kills from you or your lane partner. Then the team fights start, you all drop like flies, often from lack of team play. You lose the match.

2/ You hold your lane while your team gets fed on another lane. You win the team fights, you get their towers down, you win. It feels too easy.

3/ Laning is balanced, your team plays too offensively, often soloing, not playing as a team. They get killed. You lose.

4/ Laning is balanced, you manage to rack enough gold and xp from farming and kills, and your team doesnt die too often. Once you reach your engame gear, you obliterate any opposition. You win.

In the end, my problem is that even if you play very well, it mostly depends on what the game gave you as team partners and opponents, and you won't make much of a difference. Even if you play badly, your team will win if the matchmaker decided that you needed more wins. I just had a match where we all agreed that our team composition was pure crap, and theirs was actually pretty good, but we still won because the matchmaker threw us some noobs to balance our win/loss ratio.

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 03, 2011, 12:31:07 pm »

A ~1900 elo player once shared some insight with me:

In any solo queue game, there are going to be 2 good players and 8 (varying levels of) baddies.  Assuming you are one of the pair, you have a 45% chance of getting the other good player on your team.  This is always a win.  The rest of the time it's a competition on which of the two good players can feed off the baddies quickest.  If you know how to last hit, when to push a lane and how to play your character this should be no problem.

Assume each team has two feeders.  If you are aware, going into the game, that you have to carry -- you will.  Learn how to spot their feeder prematurely and exploit it.  In pub games, you are a hunter stalking his prey.  As one of the quality players in the game, it is -your- job to be fed when team fights start.  Do not feel let down by your 0-3 Annie or your 2-5 Ashe with 7cs.  They are playing to the best of their ability.  It is their job, in the scheme of things, to die.  To feed the enemy 'ace'.  If you fail to carry and you get dominated, it's nobody's fault but your own.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:32:53 pm by Synzig »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 03, 2011, 04:52:41 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 165