Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164940 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #510 on: January 30, 2011, 01:57:22 am »

Indeed, but this is valve we're talking about, so don't expect it anytime soon, even though its predicted to come out in this year. Valve is like Toady, makes uterlly awesome games that take forever to develop.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2011, 03:02:08 am »

Speaking of which, where's that Episode 3?  :P

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:49 am »

nope, I uninstalled and will forever not play this game ever again, this game pisses me off so much that I just want to kill the developers for making this stupid game filled with overpowered people and the community is full of assholes.

While it is true that there are a**holes, i think that you're confusing "overpowered" and "feeded".
Because when you kill a champion, it gives you xp and gold, the more you die, the stronger the ennemy becomes, and you'll feel overwhelmed.

LoL should not be played like a multiplayer arena FPS, where it doesnt really matter to die, and where you engage the opponent on sight (well, maybe its not your case, but sometimes my teammates play like that o_O ) . Instead i think its important to pick your battles, know what the champions (yours and theirs) can and cannot do, and pick one thats suited to your playstyle but also combine properly with the rest of the team. And also keep in mind that you'll lose about half the matches because sometimes even if you're good, the ennemy is better, or the rest of your team is just plain bad.

well... however if you find yourself raging and never enjoying a game, i can understand that you don't want to play it anymore..

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2011, 05:32:52 am »

I used to like this game, but not really much. I'm just sick of tired of losing, try to surrender but my idiotic team won't, and we still end up suffering a horrible defect, and not only that, sometimes we lose before we could ever surrender due to that fucking "It's too early to surrender" shit. Sometimes this game make me rage uninstall so many times that I just get sick of these hero arena games similar to DOTA.

I wish there was a special character that deal multile DoT's or Debuffs so my team can take them out quicker, something where I don't have to be in the front lines and die in seconds.

Simple cure, play with some friends/people from bay12. Playing with a team seriously improves this game to something amazing. Also voice comms

nope, I uninstalled and will forever not play this game ever again, this game pisses me off so much that I just want to kill the developers for making this stupid game filled with overpowered people and the community is full of assholes.
You know what you sound like?
One of those assholes. Only thing is you have actually stopped playing.

But this is mostly just idiotic assumptions on my part. May I ask for some specific examples of why you lost?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #514 on: January 30, 2011, 08:50:29 am »

Do you guys make any champion suggestions? I've made some and would like your opinions.

Quim' Ban Dul, a necromancer http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2271261#post2271261
Pacis, a support/tank treant http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2301998#post2301998
Dan, a tanky hybrid fighter http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2312859#post2312859
Rhaul, a support/tank with a unique shield http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=3911636#post3911636
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 30, 2011, 09:21:57 am »

I had a few ideas but they were mostly random thoughts, nothing as thought out as yours.I like Dan, he seems like an interesting fellow.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 30, 2011, 09:38:01 pm »

Alright, so uh, I'm no sivir expert, but what makes people think playing sivir as a tank, on mid, against anivia, is a good idea?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meh, same old drill. Carries that don't carry, get raped by eve cause they refuse to buy pink wards, etc etc.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 30, 2011, 11:51:57 pm »

Don't forget, the game tried to "balance" your score by making you get stuck with complete noobs if your have more wins then loses, or give the other team complete noobs if your score is low. So if you get stuck with complete idiots, just be glad that eventually you will be able to grind similar idiots under your boot/shoe/barefeet/mechanical walker leg/tail/hoof/airplane wheels.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2011, 08:42:28 pm »

They weren't building as a tank. The Warmog's gives her some nice Survivability, and she was currently working on Atma's Implaer to make more use of it.
With Sivir's amazing farming ability, it fills up fast.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2011, 09:18:09 pm »

I'm guessing by the count that their Eve killed your Sivir too many times before they got a decent chance to build up. That's the problem with Sivir.. if her team lets her get ganked a ton she's kind of useless.

Edit - That said, chainmail and cloak of agility? What the heck was she building? She should've grabbed Banshee's Veil, that thing is great for Sivir with her built-in shield.. DOUBLE SHIELD REACHAROUND.

Edit 2 - As someone who plays Sivir on occasion, it does get a little annoying when people tell you to 'BUY WARDS' against a stealth ganker that is focusing on you. This does NOT help if your team won't help you. It's just a waste of gold because it won't matter if you can see the stealther or not. A ranged carry can't 2v1 early/midgame, and even if you can see the stealther, they'll just starve you against the tower while their teammate farms.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:27:02 pm by Vel »

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 31, 2011, 10:01:49 pm »

Edit - That said, chainmail and cloak of agility? What the heck was she building? She should've grabbed Banshee's Veil, that thing is great for Sivir with her built-in shield.. DOUBLE SHIELD REACHAROUND.
Builds Impaler. Turns HP into AD.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #521 on: January 31, 2011, 11:59:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure the best Sivir build is literally Boots + 5 Bloodthirsters, or at least 3 Bloodthirsters + survive/infi edge, since she can farm the Bloodthirsters up all day. Warmog's on most characters is a horrible idea.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 01, 2011, 11:13:58 am »

New patch: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=485937

Riot decided to create the patch notes thread with +9999 upvotes. So it's been downvoted about 700 times.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2011, 12:03:15 pm »

This is because downvotes makes posts get hidden on their forums. Many a time have patchnotes been downvoted, so you'd enter the post and see the one is hidden. Of course, they could fix their forum structure and make it so a mod's posts can't be hidden, but its easier to cheat and give them a huge ammount of upvotes rather then fixing it. Like its easier to make more champions rather then work out the terrible client bugs.

My last game with Naxra basicaly exploded once it started and everyone got disconnected and unable to join another for about an hour. It wasn't a serverwide thing, our game was the only one affected.

EDIT: And on the warmogs thing, warmogs is a bad item for champions that don't regulary use it, and its not even that good on champions that actualy have a use for it. Vlad can use it but it still pales in comparison to some items he can get ealier (IE rylai's), and while it greatly boosts mundo's heal with his ultimate (since it heals by %, more health = more heal), rushing it may cripple his build if he is not farming properly or getting kills early on. Warmogs is an item you take early, so you can farm alot to charge it. While apparently it would make sense (at least according to forum goers, I still think its a terrible idea and that there are better options if you want survivabilty, specially against anivia, hello there banshee's veil) on that situation with sivir, she still crippled her build early by rushing it and getting killed trying to rush anivia when eve was prowling around.

And how come warding your own lane with a pink ward is not a reasonable idea? Thats the bare minimun to do when there are stealth champions around. Bottom was getting pushed and top was the only lane actualy pushing. After the top turret was down we tried ganking mid a bit but it wouldn't work because sivir would move into other lanes and back up because apparently she needed mana, or had to buy a manamune instead of impaler.

If you want survivability in a solo lane, don't rush warmogs, get a catalyst. Not only it builds into a banshee's veil, it gives you both mana and health AND recovers mana and health everytime you level. You'll basicaly never have to base for mana ever again, and its unlikely you'll even need to heal if you play smart.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:21:34 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 01, 2011, 12:41:43 pm »

I actually like the patch changes. Especially the one that buffs Soraka. Yay 80 armor!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 165