Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164948 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2011, 09:34:38 am »

If you don't think you can handle a 1v2 lane, just ask to switch lanes with someone.

Or if that's not possible, just hug the tower. 1v2 means the minions always get pushed to your tower. Just hug it and farm from there. If you know you're getting stuck in a 1v2, maybe bring a meki pendant to start with too or even better... teleport.

For all intents and purposes though, there's not even supposed to be 1v2 lanes. Both teams are supposed to have junglers.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2011, 10:23:06 am »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2011, 11:29:56 am »

Those look ok, at least we're not getting extra generic pairs of boobs and hips so soon.

As for solo champions, singed is a good choice if he doesn't die early on. He can take some punishment and if they get cock he'll throw them into his tower and pummel them with insanity potion and wear them down with poison. Just make sure you don't get zoned out and get a catalyst, and chances are they won't be able to push you unless they harass you all the time and your team does nothing about it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »

I'm still not sure how I managed to get a solo lane as Shen.

Shen is one of the best solo laners. He can (very slowly) heal himself and has a taunt that also works as an escape mechanism. Not to mention the shield if you time it properly. Plus, having him get to level 6 quickly might save another teammate early on.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:30 pm »

I know all these things. It happened with tristana, which has good escape mechanisms, and most of the time i can solo lane properly (and i enjoy the extra xp), but sometimes i'm facing champions that can, and will, harass me all the time (often staying in the bushes and blinking out with a cc, or using long range/aoe skills, or using stealth), preventing me from getting close enough to get xp, and towerdiving me when i hug the tower. Of course, with tristana i can escape safely most of the time, but i run out of mana too fast and i get low hp too often, meaning i have to back all the time to survive, and i don't even benefit from the extra xp of the solo lane.

So the question is, how can i solo lane when I'm facing champions able to zone me out completely?

Potions. And don't even let them harass you. Just pretend like your going to go into their range so they stay in that bush and don't last hit.

If it is a truly unbearable matchup, switch up the lanes a little. Either get someone on the other lane to solo and make it double vs double, or trade with someone who has the abilities to avoid CC and stuff.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 29, 2011, 03:38:33 pm »

Some champions are just really good at harassing. In a 1v2 lane, if you happen to be laning against two casters, then you're in for alot of harassment, some champions are specialy good at it though (ezreal, mundo, cho'gath, vladimir) due to skillshots with very low cooldowns or powerful in some way. But then again, like someone already mentioned, 1v2 lanes shouldn't even exist, both teams should have junglers.

Few people realize that having a jungler isn't all about having a champion that can pop out of nowhere to gank and get lizard and golem buff early, thats only half of it. The other half is having a second solo lane, and therefore another champion with a level and money advantage apart from mid. If you really have to do a solo lane against 2 champions, pray that your jungler is experienced enough to know he's not supposed to just jungle forever (like alot of them do and only come out when they see an easy kill, rather also doing it when one of their allies is having trouble), and that your team is nice enough to eventualy switch lanes with you if you get thrown into a lane with pro harassment champions.

Don't overextend yourself to farm, just stay in close to the tower, provoke them a bit, wait till minions are close and last hit when you can. On a 1v2 lane getting XP is more important then last hitting, because you usualy can't last hit without taking a decent load of harassment to the face, you'll still be able to do it to a decent extent tho, better if you have a champion with some range. Just make sure they don't zone you out of the XP (IE keep you far enough from minions so that you don't get xp), remember you don't need to last hit to get xp, you'll get it as long as you're close enough. Most of the time you can remain close enough to get xp but still far enough to avoid the enemy.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 29, 2011, 03:55:27 pm »

You could also be really boss and have two junglers :P

Did it once as Mundo with Tryndamere. With level 1 super CC abilities, we nommed their jungler instantly. Then Tryndamere cleared their jungle while I cleared ours. Followed by epic ganking and superb dragon control. All our lanes were so high level and both of us were at decent levels too. They didn't stand a chance.

I recommend that if you feel especially boss xD

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »

Until they buy wards and have 2 people jungle as well. You have to use their jungle to keep 2 junglers running. It turns dangerous if they know what their doing.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2011, 04:15:32 pm »

That's why I added "if you feel especially boss" :P

It's pretty dumb to do it all the time haha.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2011, 07:45:02 pm »

Taking it like a pro is what people should learn to do more. So many whiners.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 29, 2011, 07:48:34 pm »

Kinda a fun game, playing as Rylder (grr Rilder was taken >.>)

North America server, I think.

I am of course completely fail no matter which champion I use.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:51:03 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 29, 2011, 09:25:27 pm »

I used to like this game, but not really much. I'm just sick of tired of losing, try to surrender but my idiotic team won't, and we still end up suffering a horrible defect, and not only that, sometimes we lose before we could ever surrender due to that fucking "It's too early to surrender" shit. Sometimes this game make me rage uninstall so many times that I just get sick of these hero arena games similar to DOTA.

I wish there was a special character that deal multile DoT's or Debuffs so my team can take them out quicker, something where I don't have to be in the front lines and die in seconds.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:33 pm »

I used to like this game, but not really much. I'm just sick of tired of losing, try to surrender but my idiotic team won't, and we still end up suffering a horrible defect, and not only that, sometimes we lose before we could ever surrender due to that fucking "It's too early to surrender" shit. Sometimes this game make me rage uninstall so many times that I just get sick of these hero arena games similar to DOTA.

I wish there was a special character that deal multile DoT's or Debuffs so my team can take them out quicker, something where I don't have to be in the front lines and die in seconds.

Simple cure, play with some friends/people from bay12. Playing with a team seriously improves this game to something amazing. Also voice comms

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2011, 10:35:40 pm »

Simple cure, play with some friends/people from bay12. Playing with a team seriously improves this game to something amazing. Also voice comms

nope, I uninstalled and will forever not play this game ever again, this game pisses me off so much that I just want to kill the developers for making this stupid game filled with overpowered people and the community is full of assholes.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2011, 12:35:32 am »

Which is why you and everyone else is waiting for DotA 2
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 165