Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165018 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2011, 05:39:55 pm »

Lets hope the retardation is somewhat culled by this new tribunal stuff, but i really doubt it :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2011, 05:56:50 pm »

I don't understand why people take it so personally when some 28-year-old living in his mom's basement blames them for a loss (or tell you you’re bad and they are ignoring you). Why let it bother you? If it isn't your fault, just feed the troll, that is more fun anyways (y r u so meen? i bet u dotn have ne fiends do you!11one i did my beast!).

Let them freak, chances are you won't play with them again anyways.

The game is fun, in my opinion, not because you win or lose, but because every once in a while you do your job exactly right. You clutch save someone as support, you two shot the damage dealer at the beginning of a team fight, you get that stuff off on Fiddle right before he goes all crowstorm on your ass, or you initiate perfectly as a tank. It doesn't happen every game, but every loss gets you one step closer to it and there is always something to learn even if you just took a face rolling.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2011, 07:17:03 pm »

I have to say, i'm usually a very calm person, but sometimes this game and its players manages to get me to high levels of stress. (Guess that's also why i'm still playing it)

I never quit a game though, even when i'm being insulted, i just keep trying my best and eventually report the guys that were the most annoying. But i'd lie if i said that i was never tempted to leave some games.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:11 pm »

I just play with friends. Failing that, I insta put anyone who starts flaming on ignore.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2011, 07:35:41 am »

I have to say, i'm usually a very calm person, but sometimes this game and its players manages to get me to high levels of stress. (Guess that's also why i'm still playing it)

I never quit a game though, even when i'm being insulted, i just keep trying my best and eventually report the guys that were the most annoying. But i'd lie if i said that i was never tempted to leave some games.

I also feel that sometimes I should just quit and let the team cry by themselves, but it is against my "policy" to ragequit.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2011, 07:52:08 am »

I also feel that sometimes I should just quit and let the team cry by themselves, but it is against my "policy" to ragequit.

I had this policy once, but after playing the game for a while, I just lost it.
When you feel depressed, after a game of LoL, then there's something wrong with it, or rather the people playing it.

But when I have work to do and just wan't to relax before it with one game and afterwards I'm to angry to do any of it ptoperly, this sort of thing just isn't acceptable.

Like I said, I don't mind people playing badly, as long as they stay calm and give their best.
It's just that sometimes, it's just unbearable.

Nevertheless me quitting a game, is a rare sight.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:09 am »

I don't ragequit, even when the team deserves it, sometimes this rewarded me with a win, not often of course. I have some leaves in my game list due to disconnections and LoL itself dying. If I get disconnected, unless I can connect back right after, I don't try to join again.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2011, 11:55:25 am »

I think if it is causing you that much stress you probably should play less, definitely stay out of ranked.

I think there is a more healthy way to play though. I liken it to how you have to play video games with your wife or GF. When you play with someone who isn't very good, you can't play to win. If you play to win the two of you just end up arguing or you make her feel bad. You have to go into with a different attitude or goal. My goal when I play LoL is just to improve, just to nail that one combo I've been working on or figure out a better way to gear up.

I am not some Buddhist priest here or anything, stupid people piss me right the fuck off too and I have ended many games several millimeters closer to an ulcer. But even if they are ruining that part of the game I still have the other parts to keep me entertained.

All that being said, I should also point out that maybe 1 of my last 5 games has had someone truly annoying. The community isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2011, 03:18:32 am »

That's what Master Yi is supposed to do though. Like GP, he farms and farms and farms and farms for 30 minutes then backdoors and wins and acts all high and mighty.

Edit: Has anyone else noticed how strong Tryndamere has become post-patch? It's great stuff.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2011, 05:26:39 am »

Yeah they got rid of his only weakness, exhaust.

Riot are idiots more often then not.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2011, 05:34:17 am »

Yeah they got rid of his only weakness, exhaust.

Riot are idiots more often then not.

Stuns work well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2011, 07:48:54 am »

The exhaust wasn't really a problem. Trynd's issue was always it took so long for him to get fed before he became useful. Now that he has a 10% base crit chance and his heal is more powerful, his strength in lane has increased drastically. No more "lol, free kill" like Mordekaiser is right now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2011, 09:34:01 am »

I wish people would let me mid as cho more, he's just too good on mid, however he won't save the team if they start dying like flies, but mid cho is god tier.

The problem is a Cho with a ton of gold and a level advantage doesn't do nearly as much as most common mid choice characters can with that.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 22, 2011, 03:25:45 pm »

I wish people would let me mid as cho more, he's just too good on mid, however he won't save the team if they start dying like flies, but mid cho is god tier.

The problem is a Cho with a ton of gold and a level advantage doesn't do nearly as much as most common mid choice characters can with that.

He will still wreck nearly any mid out there. Messing up the enemy's carry from the start will severely cripple any team. Of course that doesn't matter when your team fails in both lanes, which happens to me all the time in solo queue if i go mid.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 22, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »

Met two jungle Yi's today while we were being dumb (Spell Pen Mordekaiser and Lanewick ftw!). First was on our team, and because we held our own for the entire first half of the game (he came out and ganked successfully a few times because we let the enemy overextend), he had lots of time to farm up and get all his core build. Then he basically raped everyone. Our job in teamfights was to cc people that Master Yi would rape. :P

Second jungle Yi was on the enemy team. We crushed their lanes so badly that Yi had to keep coming out to help his teammates and by the end of the game, he was so underfed that Mordekaiser didn't even want a ghost of him because it was so crap.

Good times.

If anyone wants to join us in FUN LoL games, just add me on Steam or LoL EU and give us a ring. Playing with friends is way better than playing by yourself imho. Less raging. Everyone is nice.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 165