Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165063 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #420 on: January 19, 2011, 04:46:27 pm »

I think whatever I say can't convince you nonbelievers about Soraka's OPness. I'm damn confident in my opinion though and if you don't believe me, feel free to find me online. Or heck, ask my teammates who've seen my Soraka in action.  8)

Try not to get a malady on Warwick. Yes, Warwick does some substantial magic damage from his q and bloodrazor but generally speaking, the targets you want to kill are targets with barely any defense. Warwick gets the sorc shoes anyway (mandatory item. Don't get zerk greaves.), so an extra 24 magic reduction is kinda overkill for his preferred choice of targets. Not to mention as Warwick, you will really only be able to apply all the malady stacks from your ultimate anyway and if the target you ulti-ed is not already almost dead, you probably chose a bad target. If you find yourself as Warwick regularly engaging high MR targets for some... strange.. reason, then there are better items to get than malady.

If you're new to Warwick, I recommend the standard Warwick build. All AS runes for fastest jungling, rush bloodrazor with boots of speed after madred's razors, then finish sorc shoes. Then get all tanky items. You will still do lots and lots of damage and your ult will still 1hit squishies (Warwick scales well) but be able to survive long enough to not be instagibbed every time you ulti.

He's a great character, but you might find that he has no presence in a teamfight. Also, his reputation as one of the best 1v1 champs makes it really hard to get a proper fight with him. Very rarely will enemies stand their ground to fight a Warwick 1v1. In fact, in all my hundreds of games, I've only seen that happen when Warwick decides to engage a superfed enemy. So you'll spend more time chasing people or running away than actually fighting. It's why almost all of Warwick's damage comes from his ultimate (and why sorc shoes is mandatory). It's the only way to get enemies to sit still. xD

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 20, 2011, 12:43:23 am »

Mid Cho'Gath god tier. Played him against lux, she underestimated me and paid the price. People don't realize just how stupid good cho is 1 on 1. He heals off minions, his rupture does good damage even with no AP items and slows you, and by level six he can insta kill you on melee if you're low enough, and on top of it all he's really hard to kill, being a tank and all, plus he has a silence for the mage types. It takes some skill aiming taht rupture though, sometimes you have to be clairvoyant and guess were the champion will move to.

Anyway, got Renekton and... He seems ok really, his cooldowns stop him from spamming his abilties, so you really need those ionian boots. His style is really aggressive, but it takes some time to learn how to use him properly, his ultimate works nicely and does whats its supposed to do. Overall a fun champion to play, but rather tricky till you learn when's the right moment to use his spells. He's not overpowered at all, but has carry potential.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #422 on: January 20, 2011, 02:55:34 am »

Been playing Blitzcrank, and he's actually really good late game. Tanky enough to not die too quickly (mana shield really helps), and has a lot of damage output. His ultimate is actually quite good. His Q is amazing too, pulling an enemy into a turret is so much fun. He moves really slowly, especially before you get boots.

Somewhat related, but look at these two games. I played Blitzcrank in both of them.
Spoiler: First (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Second (click to show/hide)

Guess who won in each of those.
Spoiler: First (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Second (click to show/hide)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2011, 04:28:47 am »

I think whatever I say can't convince you nonbelievers about Soraka's OPness. I'm damn confident in my opinion though and if you don't believe me, feel free to find me online. Or heck, ask my teammates who've seen my Soraka in action.  8)

I can attest to this. Admittedly I was sona in all of those games, and both of them put together means no-one dies.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:06 am »

Just tried that lanewick build. We laned against Soraka and Gangplank. It was so easy. Like, unbelievably easy. The laning that is.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2011, 06:17:20 am »

Just tried that lanewick build. We laned against Soraka and Gangplank. It was so easy. Like, unbelievably easy. The laning that is.

Except it was against Sion and Lux, i got first blood and a doublekill :)
And it's a pretty nice build, eve though i had slightly wrong runes and masteries, still pretty nice and fun overall
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:52 am »

Yeah, it is actually. I might have to rethink my position on lanewick.

LostEnder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:14 am »

That guide to the contrary, I have yet to see a lanewick that wasn't a total failure, though I've never tried him mid.  His ability costs are pretty low though, so early mp/5 is really strong on him. If you actually manage to get mid w/o making ashe/malz/vald etc. ragequit and feed, it could work.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:40 am »

My first try as Midwick was ok, I was against a Sivir. Her team however facerolled us, so nothing too good happened.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 20, 2011, 11:58:16 am »

I wish people would let me mid as cho more, he's just too good on mid, however he won't save the team if they start dying like flies, but mid cho is god tier.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

Another amazing game as lanewick. 13 2 20. Got laned against Tryndamere and Ashe (lol) with LASD as Blitzcrank as my lanemate. Rolled them into the ground. Then rolled their team. For some reason I was underleveled to everyone though.

Mmm... lanewick.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:48 pm »

I hope I get a ban.

Seriously.
I have to play the tank, because no one else will.
Our carries feed earlygame and who gets blamed? The tank of course.

Since I don't have to put up with a bunch of morons insulting me, I just quit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »

Try DotA 2 when it comes out. LoL is a cesspool of immature people but there are more decent ones then bad ones.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2011, 04:57:19 pm »

LoL is a cesspool of immature people but there are more decent ones then bad ones.

That alone makes me wish the bloody thing ran on my computer. DotA back in WC3 was... well, if my opinion of humanity on average hadn't already been rock bottom, stuff like th'DotA players would have fixed that problem.

To be fair, most multiplayer games, once they hit a certain population, seems to tend toward... septic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 165