Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165166 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2011, 05:25:17 pm »

Taric and Sona are really good support heroes that I've played.

The only tank I've ever played is Shen but I know Rammus, Amumu and Galio can be good too.

Tristana is a pretty decent hero but she has no CC to speak of and thus needs a lot of help from her team to avoid being a wasted slot.

Also I advise against buying runes before you hit level 20, as Tier 3 runes overshadow tiers 1 and 2 completely.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »

O yeah he gets a speed boost from his ulti...

Rammus is fast but I have never seen someone use all 4 champion for speed boosts. You have zilean, sivir, Sona, GP. galio, and trundle, and items like Shurelia's.

Trundle's AoE spell affects only himself.

I play Trundle as a tank/support, and to be honest, it works.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2011, 07:29:17 pm »

Aww, well you still have 4 champions to give him a speed boost.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2011, 01:35:09 am »

Tristana is a very good ranged carry, generally considered to be the balance baseline for them. Any ranged carry who does something better than her has to do something worse.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2011, 04:23:12 am »

I believe the generally accepted consensus for best ranged carry is either Ashe, Miss Fortune, or Corki. Almost always you will see one of those three in a team in tournaments and high level games. Rare to see a Tristana actually. But I agree she is considered the guiding point.

I think the reason she's rarely played is that it's actually relatively difficult to lane with Tristana, especially if you compare with Ashe or Miss Fortune who excel at laning (harassment + last hits). Both of those have a reliable cc ability too, which make ganks easy to pull off whereas Tristana has only her buster cannon. And we all know how well buster cannon works as cc (lol, I shot them back into their tower sorry). In other words, Tristana defines the ranged carry aspect as she scales the best out of the.... five ranged carries in the game (Ashe, MF, Kog, Trist, Corki) but just like Master Yi... she's pretty crap until late game. But if she's fed, then just like Master Yi, she will dominate everything including the other ranged carries.

It's just hard to get to that point.

Edit:

Regarding the Gangplank discussion earlier. If you want to know how to play as Denyplank or fight against a Denyplank, this is required reading: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=149979

If you are getting totally denied or are still unsafe while tower hugging, your team needs to make an immediate adjustment in your lane configuration. If you know that you could totally deny another lane if you were to switch with a teammate, that adjustment should be pursued as well. If you need to, call for a lane swap, if you are playing with good players or friends, you should get one quickly. When you are developing a team strategy, you should seriously consider the early game lanes. The best champions late game often get dominated in the early game and your team should be built to compensate for this fact.

This is also required reading: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=71443

If you're one of those herp-a-derp little ******bags who blue pills after a team fight, even if you won, because you're "Out of mana" or at "Half health", or, as was pointed out to me "I need to go buy items" I sincerely hope you get deep****ed by a rabid badger. If you killed everyone but the Ashe, that ho is going to sit at her inner turret and whimper as you stomp up the field. She will not run through your whole team and all your creep just to kill you. She will turn and burn as soon as you mongoloids walk up and start beating the tar out of the tower. If she does not, you will kill her and THEN go nurse your wounds, you prima donna ****.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »

I tried Poppy a couple times since she's free this week. Did rather poorly, although I was only with two pals which meant we kept having to deal with shitty insta-lock midlane Kennen's. First game also had a jungling Amumu who acted like a typical shittalking pub and didn't help anyone. Second game we had a jungling Irelia though who was much better.

At any rate, Poppy seems like she could be incredibly strong if you get your items for her, but she has trouble farming due to a lack of spammable abilities or AoE, which means you probably need to be killing enemy champions to get the gold you need. Overall probably not my kind of champion.

Urgot on the other hand, 10/10 would Q again.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2011, 12:38:46 pm »

Hah, forgot to toss in my LoL name. DeviantTwilight, NA server.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2011, 12:40:22 pm »

I don't play very much for some reason but it's a wonderful game and my username summoner name is Tylui if anyone wants to add me. :)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2011, 02:41:41 pm »

My team managed to screw up a game, where I was a 6/0/15 Rammus (until they screwed up badly).
We had a huge kill advantage as well.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2011, 03:37:48 pm »

I tried Poppy a couple times since she's free this week. Did rather poorly, although I was only with two pals which meant we kept having to deal with shitty insta-lock midlane Kennen's. First game also had a jungling Amumu who acted like a typical shittalking pub and didn't help anyone. Second game we had a jungling Irelia though who was much better.

At any rate, Poppy seems like she could be incredibly strong if you get your items for her, but she has trouble farming due to a lack of spammable abilities or AoE, which means you probably need to be killing enemy champions to get the gold you need. Overall probably not my kind of champion.

Urgot on the other hand, 10/10 would Q again.

Poppy is, like Tryndamere, an Assassin/Anticarry/Herpaderp.

Her goal is to charge into the enemy team, drop her diplomatic immunity on someone with no CC, kill every squishy she can get her hands on in 6 seconds, and run or die.

I believe the generally accepted consensus for best ranged carry is either Ashe, Miss Fortune, or Corki. Almost always you will see one of those three in a team in tournaments and high level games. Rare to see a Tristana actually. But I agree she is considered the guiding point.

I think the reason she's rarely played is that it's actually relatively difficult to lane with Tristana, especially if you compare with Ashe or Miss Fortune who excel at laning (harassment + last hits). Both of those have a reliable cc ability too, which make ganks easy to pull off whereas Tristana has only her buster cannon. And we all know how well buster cannon works as cc (lol, I shot them back into their tower sorry). In other words, Tristana defines the ranged carry aspect as she scales the best out of the.... five ranged carries in the game (Ashe, MF, Kog, Trist, Corki) but just like Master Yi... she's pretty crap until late game. But if she's fed, then just like Master Yi, she will dominate everything including the other ranged carries.

Ashe and Miss Fortune have better harassment and can handle NOT being a solo lane better, at the cost of worse escape potential (MF drops a Make it Rain and prays she can get away while it still slows, Ashe spams volley and slow-shots backward as she runs, MAYBE dumping her ult). The thing is, with a good enough team you won't always need that escape potential.

Buster Shot, like Anivia's wall, requires a great deal of skill and maneuvering to use properly. It works best when you (a) rocket jump or flash past them, (b) drive them at an angle into a wall, (c) break the enemy positioning at the start of a fight (e.g. everyone follows their Shen in, then suddenly Shen is behind them. Hi squishies. What's up. Also you can combo those applications as you wish if you coordinate with your team. Their tank initiates, your team rushes them, you hop past and blow their tank out the back). You should not use it to finish champions off; it only results in them getting away most of the time. Also your autoattacks should do more damage by late-game.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2011, 04:39:35 pm »

TF is really fun, it's very awesome to ult right next to the enemy Tyrind on dragon, stun him then whittle him down in a few seconds and then proceed to finish off the dragon, all the while laughing the rest of his team as they try to chase you only to get intercepted in the forest and loose another champion :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »

Tristanna out farms all ranged carries. She has longer range, minions chain-reaction explode when killed, and she requires no mana. I am terrible at last hitting and I can lead the leader board with trist.

As for Ashe’s CC abilities, her ulti is annoying and she can chase you down with frost shot, but using it to harass is actually pretty easy to counter, stay directly behind your caster minions. Either way it is countered by Tristanna’s crazy range AND rocket jump ability. Also, rocket jump slows when it lands on you, making it CC (though a pretty bad use for it).

I’ll give you Miss  Fortune though, at least on the harassment side. Her bouncing shot is infuriating.

Anyone can play any class badly of course, but underselling Trist’s ability to lane seems crazy.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2011, 07:00:32 pm »

The problem with MF is that Double Up can't hit you if you stand between the melee and caster minions.

Which is ideal for her to drop a Make It Rain on you where you can't move straight back. D:<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:40 pm »

Yes it can, it's just random. And then she can just hit you with it mainly or use rain to damage all of you. Not the safest place to be.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »

Yes it can, it's just random. And then she can just hit you with it mainly or use rain to damage all of you. Not the safest place to be.

... No, I'm pretty sure it can't. I picked up the trick from someone else and I've never been hit by a Double Up while standing between the minion waves.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 165