Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165139 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2010, 02:16:15 pm »

I've been playing LoL for one week and a bit for some time now. I've discovered the awesomeness of Jax:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still died alot on that one though. But yea, Jax dominates almost any game in which your lane partners aren't pants-on-head retarded, you play him right and get Atma's Impaler. That of course, is a valid statement for lotsa champions, I just love him that much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The rod of ages is really a great item but you shouldn't aim for it right off the bat, with most mage champions at least. Stuff like catalyst (I think thats even one of the equips used in it, but I'm not sure) and decent boots often come first. I learned that the hard way playing fiddlesticks.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:30:59 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2010, 02:44:19 pm »

Enemy team comp in that game was pretty terrible. Both stuns on that team were hard to use. If you jump in after vagir his only chance is to run away and put up his stun thing behind him. No one else can save him.

Against a team with an easier to use/lower cool down form of CC Jax would have been toast.

Also, you should never go 1v1 with Ryze, it is just bad. In general running in as a melee character against someone with a stun will result in dealth. A 2 second stun is 2 seconds without life steal + 2 seconds of damage from them.

The trick with characters like Jax or Shaco has always been to know your targets and go for them. You have to wait until Ryze blows his rune prision or Annie blows her stun. Same is true of Fiddle. It is incredibly important to let your tanks or soaks put the enemies into cool down mode and on the flip side it is important to save your get out of jail free card, like blind, on hiemer or Teemo.

I have been kind of considering making a new account and running around with Shaco again or something. I don't think level 1-15 people are prepared for the things you can do.

If you don't get rod of ages in the first 15 minutes, you start really limiting how much value you can get out of it as therod has less time to build up.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2010, 04:59:30 am »

Finally new map was announced. It's 5vs5 and it looks like fun. Also kudos for graphics improvements.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2010, 11:50:47 am »

I'm slightly worried about the graphic improvements- my FPS is already not the best, but perfectly playable- and I'm worried that may change. Still it might not, and a new map is very nice considering how few there are now.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2010, 12:24:39 pm »

well they arn't changing the engine,  just polishing up some edges and stuff like that, so it shouldn't hit ya to hard.
Nom nom nom

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2010, 10:20:00 pm »

Dat Kass

<_<
>_>

<3 being the best heavy-damaging pursuit caster in the game.

CAST SUM MOAR SLOWS, IT HELPS ME CHARGE UP FORCE PULSE FASTER >:3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2010, 12:31:38 pm »

rod of ages only takes 15 mins to charge up, sit it is still usually viable at the 30-35 min mark. most games i'm not winning end up lasting 45-60 mins
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2010, 12:41:18 pm »

A friend talked me into playing this with him a week or so ago, having some fun, it's much more fun than DotA which i never liked.Also Fiddlesticks is very awesome, especially when you manage to do a sneaky ulti on an unsuspecting group of enemies, always makes me laugh :)
Besides that Nasus is pretty fun too, but i bought him only for the looks :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2010, 01:41:30 pm »

Wait until you go up against Vladamir (the vampire/bloodmage guy)

His pool dodges all of fiddles ulti's damage. It's a bug.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2010, 04:04:27 pm »

Wait until you go up against Vladamir (the vampire/bloodmage guy)
In EU version its vampire/poopmage  :P.
And I'm surprised that he avoids fiddles ulti with pool, as far as I know all aoe abilities should work on him. I know he is very nice target for Karth's bombs.

@cganya
RoA maxes out in 15 minutes, its efficient/viable/cost effective much earlier, someone did the math, can't find it at the moment.

@Jopax
Well played Fiddle is recipe for ragequits. Find Amumu buddy for maximum pwnage. If you'll write your nick and server I can add you to player list in first post.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2010, 06:55:23 pm »

Djoze on the US server, and i almost made a ragequit in a match earlier, a poor sod which was playing Master Yi was on the middle lane with Veiger against me, they never stood a chance.And i do love hove they tend to freak out when i teleport just between them, or they think they can take me because Fiddle tends to be fragile, poor bastards :)
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2010, 08:41:14 pm »

Vladimir dodges everything with pool and it FILLS ME WITH RAGE
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:37 pm »

Vlad's body goes underneath the map, most AoE's don't damage him because the range doesn't go below the map, yet CC does.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2010, 04:48:23 am »

Ok screw Urgot, i'm getting myself Fiddle, i just had an epic murder frenzy, i was a bit sucky at first, being paired up with morgana on middle, dying a few times, but all that changed in the last 15 minutes, the enemy team was pushing bottom very hard, all of them were there, then Nasus starts chasing our low hp Ramus and almost kills him in front of our base, i charge in fire off my first three abilities on him and get him to run with less than a quarter of hp, all this time the fight near our tower is raging on, and having one thing left i fire of my ulti in the middle scoring four kills, then sometime later i do the same thing, only this time i killed only two people with it :)
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2010, 04:57:38 am »

So I just tried out Alistar for a second.

A short summary:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=54571&d=1283560197

I backdoored four towers. FOUR TOWERS. That's RIDICULOUS. Sure, the enemy gets fed off me every time I can't make it out, but that doesn't matter if you no longer have half your inhibitors. .-.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 165