Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165092 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2010, 05:29:01 am »

Yea I'm confused too. The number of players I can throw a card at in a straight line and have them not even attempt to dodge is way too high. Maybe they aren't used to seeing AP cards and therefore don't think it will even do enough damage for them to care.

Pantheon's nerf was a 180 turn around. Before he was an early game powerhouse who would spear throw you out of the lane. Then he was guaranteed 1 or two kills by dropping down on the side lane. He would then use all this money to power into late game and it was very hard to stop if he got a few early kills. Now he's the one getting thrown out of the lane and without the good early game he ends up struggling early and mid match, becomingly merely lackluster late game compared to other carries. It is extremely frustrating to see how little burst damage I was doing even with multiple bloodthirsters.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2010, 08:18:35 am »

Pantheon is a wet paper noodle right now. Bothering is not recommended.

AP TF pretty much requires Lich Bane and a few other goodies to be really effective.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:55 am »

Pantheon is a wet paper noodle right now. Bothering is not recommended.

AP TF pretty much requires Lich Bane and a few other goodies to be really effective.

I find that once you get rageblade on TF (amongst many other character) you can't be stopped from constantly farming up whatever items you want.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2010, 09:35:09 am »

I like Pantheon.
Hes the only physical carry I play right now.
Although he plays more like a physical caster.

Earlygame is very defensive, so you better get spearshot, meki pedant and two health pots.
The earliest kills you should expect, are when you hit level 6 and see weakened foes on one lane.
Only way to get kills before that, is to have people which don't seem to know that you cant autocrit them below certain health.

You will be dependant on your abilities until the very late engame, when all those damage items kick in.

So yeah, he's one of the more complicated carries out there.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2010, 09:58:10 am »

So unlike autoattack dps (imho fail) build ::). Twisted Fate is very item dependent champion. No matter what you want to do with him.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2010, 10:01:43 am »

I saw this the other day on TF and it made me laugh. Some other TF decided to get revive as a summoner spells and everytime he died he would immediately tried to teleport back for a revenge kill. Hilariously he failed 7/8 times.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2010, 10:03:11 am »

So unlike autoattack dps (imho fail) build ::). Twisted Fate is very item dependent champion. No matter what you want to do with him.

Yeah, his passive ability screams for ap/attackspeed, but it's hard to pull off due to his squishiness.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:41 am »

Yeah, his passive ability screams for ap/attackspeed, but it's hard to pull off due to his squishiness.
I find a good early life-steal/dmg item really helps that, especially if the other team has no stuns, that way once you get rolling you regain health so fast, only a determinded dps char can take you down easily.
Nom nom nom

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2010, 10:38:51 am »

I'm not sure if I get it right. You mean attack speed/ap for farming purposes? Because his passive gives extra gold for kills.

I find a good early life-steal/dmg item really helps that, especially if the other team has no stuns, that way once you get rolling you regain health so fast, only a determinded dps char can take you down easily.
Vampiric Scepter is good pick for first item to stay longer in lane (because with blue card you also have mana covered so if you are good you can stay as long as you want) but I wouldn't build him for lifesteal because one good nuke and you are dead (and team without at least some CC to nullify your damage/heal  ,nuke is bad) and you don't benefit from lifesteal as much as dedicated autoattack champs which have abilities that scale with autoattack (Stacked Deck does stack with attack speed but its best in hybrid build since it deals magic damage so no lifesteal for you). Not to mention TF's autoattack range is subpar comparing to other ranged champs. If you want lifesteal dps Sion is best champ.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2010, 10:43:55 am »

I'm not sure if I get it right. You mean attack speed/ap for farming purposes? Because his passive gives extra gold for kills.

No I meant the passive ability "Stacked Deck".
Rageblade, Nashors Tooth and Sword of the Divine have good synergies and bring you close to the attack speed cap I think.
You will have great magic dps, but you'll be damn squishy.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2010, 11:02:33 am »

Squishy but I don't think its good idea to get tanking items on him. Just one item won't make much difference and you will die instantly anyway (with exception of Banshee Veil to block Blitz grabs and such) and if you build more of them you are not doing your job.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2010, 11:19:14 am »

Squishy but I don't think its good idea to get tanking items on him. Just one item won't make much difference and you will die instantly anyway (with exception of Banshee Veil to block Blitz grabs and such) and if you build more of them you are not doing your job.

I didn't said you should.
Only if it aids you role, like a phage for chasing, which gives you some extra hp.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:22:44 am by Mindmaker »

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2010, 11:21:39 am »

I didn't said you should.
I didn't said you said you should  :P. I was just reinforcing your argument.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2010, 11:23:03 am »

Oh and does anybody want to play a game later?

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2010, 11:30:03 am »

I could in about 5 - 6 hours  :-\. Probably because I have no idea if I won't be too tired this late. Unfortunately my lappy only has integrated graphics so its not very good for even LoL so I'll have to get on my desktop.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 165