Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165062 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2010, 05:27:36 pm »

I really should avoid playing solo ranked, if I don't play some game breaking carry...

Well I had some good games with Amumu and I have to say I never expected him to turn out to be that much fun.
little too.... whiny for me, his cry ability drives me nuts.
Nom nom nom

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2010, 06:32:55 pm »

I really should avoid playing solo ranked, if I don't play some game breaking carry...

Well I had some good games with Amumu and I have to say I never expected him to turn out to be that much fun.
little too.... whiny for me, his cry ability drives me nuts.

He cries you to death.
Very manly.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 08:53:09 pm »

Well, I saw this thread before and thought it was a lot older than it was. I guess I was wrong.

I also have LoL.  And a non-DF playing friend does as well (I know you see this Carbuncle).  I like the game but hate the community, pretty much to the point where I uninstalled the game in the past.  Perhaps if a dwarf fortress team ends up being made I could join it.

Name's Greiger there.  I play Tryndamere.  North America server.  Level 11.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2010, 01:55:54 pm »

So I just got told that pantheon is "crap at mid." I thought all the lanes were pretty much the same? Is there something I'm missing here?

I kind of just ignored the guy out of hand because he was one of the many many people that join games called "newbies only" and then constantly complain that they have to play with noobs.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2010, 02:03:06 pm »

well pantheon sucks if he gets ganked, but is good at ganking other people, and mid is both good to gank from (aka quick access to bot and top) but gets ganked... alot, so it's a double-edged sword really.  But ya, there's differences that good players can take advantage of.
Nom nom nom

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2010, 03:31:33 pm »

Pantheon, in mid, can put people on the rape train. He is very good at killing stuff, and more squishy opponents might find themselves dead if they don't stay back. Tl;dr: Pantheon is decent in the middle lane.

Due to the fact that there is only one person from each team in mid, that lane ticks differently from the others. You get more levels and perhaps more gold, you have nobody who can save your ass.

My champions are Singed, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Amumu, Cho'gath and a large amount of peeps I occasionally play. I specialize in tankers. EU server, LV 30.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

Have you guys seen new champ? Since I found my niche in tanking and I have runes for him already he is next on my list to unlock. I really like his abilities. I see some great potential as team support. That guy will be much better at saving team mates than Shen (all Galio's abilities can be used for this!) and his ulti *drool*. With Banshee Veil (its channel so he can be stunned to cancel it, and seeing as it gives nice chunk of MR and HP its great item for him anyway) plus Thornmail (you do need some armor anyway and with ulti its gonna be a lot of damage returned) he will be real pain in ****. Add some AoE damagers to team like Fiddle or Kat and you have an ace.

So I just got told that pantheon is "crap at mid."
I wouldn't say that though I'd rather have champion with late game potential levelling hard at mid. Panth is good at early game and with his ultimate mid lane position isn't that big deal for him anyway.

My champions are Singed, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Amumu, Cho'gath and a large amount of peeps I occasionally play. I specialize in tankers. EU server, LV 30.
Same name in LoL?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2010, 05:11:40 pm »

man that new hero looks awesome, can't wait till he comes out, hope he's not one of the 6500 point cost people though...
Nom nom nom

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:44 am »

Damn he is 6300 IP. Bleh. Anyway I'm having fun with Vlad. I would want to unlock him but its another 6300  :-\ and I need 2000 for 3rd HP quint on top of that. Decision, decisions.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2010, 03:15:15 am »

Yay double post. Is anyone still playing? Sometimes I see Mindmaker is online but that's all. I was hoping we could get enough people to form premades with cool strategies, voice chat and everything. Oh well I guess not much interest for LoL in Bay12 crowd  :'(.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2010, 03:18:26 am »

I still play a bit, its just it is a bit time consuming and its annoying when you try out a new hero and everyone takes a shit on you for not doing the right skills. Anyway, I wouldnt mind having a bay12 team. I've heard that the team that wins the ranked tournament gets 100 grand.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2010, 05:08:03 am »

Yay double post. Is anyone still playing? Sometimes I see Mindmaker is online but that's all. I was hoping we could get enough people to form premades with cool strategies, voice chat and everything. Oh well I guess not much interest for LoL in Bay12 crowd  :'(.

Same here.
Too bad you're in a game most of the time.

Cool strategies?
I'm becoming quite legendary with morgana (well at least in ranked games).
She would be a great character to build a team around.

I still play a bit, its just it is a bit time consuming and its annoying when you try out a new hero and everyone takes a shit on you for not doing the right skills. Anyway, I wouldnt mind having a bay12 team. I've heard that the team that wins the ranked tournament gets 100 grand.

Well you can look on leagecraft (link in in the first post) and read through the guide with the highest rating for the character you want to try out.
That's what I always do anyway.
This way I have a good idea, what that champion is capable off, have some basic strategies, know what item stats synergize with him.

So I never start unprepared and people often don't even realize its my first time with that champion.
After a game or two, you can start experimenting and modifying his build, so that it fits your playstyle.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:11:13 am by Mindmaker »

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2010, 05:59:52 am »

Same here.
Too bad you're in a game most of the time.

Cool strategies?
I'm becoming quite legendary with morgana (well at least in ranked games).
She would be a great character to build a team around.
Same here.
Too bad you're in a game most of the time.  :P

Great minds think alike  ;D. I was thinking about premade with Morgana, Galio and Nunu. Their ultis are devastating but can be easily stopped by single stun (with Galio taunted Udyr stuns you anyway, funny) and Morg helps with that a lot. Black Shield on Galio, he initiates, his ulti works without fail since with Black Shield it can't be interrupted. Nunu follows (Galio's wind-something-or-other skill will help with fast follow up) and since pretty much everyone should be taunted by now he starts to channel his ulti (well it does slow attack speed so it might not be ideal synergy with Galio's but Galio's maxes at 8 hits I think so shouldn't be a problem) and Morg can also fire her ult since everyone should be nicely bunched up for even more overkill. Problem with Galio is his CD on ulti so you can pull it off only once in a long while but Nunu covers that up with much faster CD on his ulti, in such situation Black Shield goes to him. I would also add Tryndamere since physical carry will help to balance team a lot and also Nunu's Blood Boil (buffs move speed and attack speed (by 65% ! at 5th I think, that's a lot of help for crit Trynd) for Nunu and target) would go to waste without one. For fifth spot I'm not sure. I'd add Fiddle for jungling and ganking and even more aoe roflstomping but that would be too much magic damage so I think some physical champ would be in order.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2010, 06:18:05 am »

Haha yeah, that team would need some physical. Gangplank would work out, as his ultimate would help a ton in teamfights. And then some physical guy for jungling. Warwick doesn't really fit the team, I think... Udyr? Although both are not real physical powerhouses.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:11 am »

I'm not sure if Gankplank would fit that well. Question is how much slow is too much? Well I guess its never too much since you can space them out. Also Pantheon would work I think. He could jump on top of taunted,frozen enemies for MASSIVE DAMAGE and he could easly place heartseekers-or-what-was-that-his-aoe skill and he can gank sh*t out of enemy team.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 165