Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165325 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #990 on: March 03, 2011, 03:47:33 pm »

Or is he just throwing crap around?

He was just mad when I backdoored top constantly, and Cho helped me every now and then.
Funny thing is, Garen and Malphite tried to backdoor together our bot tower, but Malphite died and tower didn't lose even half of it's hp. Do they get banned now as well?

Backdooring is a bannable offense in HoN? Why?
Most likely because the enemies don't want to sit at their towers 24/7 to prevent you from backdooring. You leave base, and boom, someone may be bashing your towers.

Also yes, because they are babies. If the enemy backdoors, just backdoor harder. Simple as that.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:49:38 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 03, 2011, 03:51:55 pm »

Map awareness is where it's at, it might seem like a cheap tactic but really you have no one to blame but yourself when you leave someone alone for too long and let them do whatever they want
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 03, 2011, 04:08:23 pm »

The sheer degree of BAD here is staggering.

Jungling without smite is like laning without items. 'nuff said.

Just because I'm not going with the popular opinion?
If I didn't knew any better, I'd say you both are trolling, by using such statements.

@Pandar:

1.) Running: wolves-wraiths-minigolems-enemy wraiths-enemy minigolems-wolves-wraiths-minigolems.
Recalling. Getting razor and 1-2 healthpotions. Getting both buffs. Then ganking, defending, jungling.
Your point only would be valid, if junglecreeps wouldn't have respawn times.

2.) I'll be doing those only, when I'm sure I'm safe. Lantern/razor, together with ghostblade will net you dragon in seconds.
You are pretty much screwed anyway, if the enemy engages you after the baron fight and your team is damaged.

3.) The number of times I actually got my buff stolen is negligible. Getting the enemy junglers buff can be achieved by simply killing them, especially since you have exhaust against most autoattack junglers. I sucessfully counter-jungled tyrn, ww, yi and rammus that far. Let's see how well I can fare against the rest of the jungling crowd.

tl;dr: Soft-jungling still nets you what jungling is for, 2 additional solo lanes. Additionally you have a free slot for a summoner spell of your choosing, which can greatly increase your ganking capability and stays useful in late game. Only drawback is, that you can't get buffs until your farm your first 700g.

Backdooring is a bannable offense in HoN? Why?

It's seen as dishonorable and some argue it's against the basic idea of the game.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:14:04 pm by Mindmaker »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 03, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »

Me thinks thats silly, it just limits your number of in-game strategies against the enemy team and forces you to spend a looong time a single game.

And anyway, I sort of agree with Mindmaker regarding smite? Namely with smite being sort of useless in the late game unless you're trying to steal buffs/dragon/baron, which requires good timing and is pretty situational to waste a slot on. Not saying smite is useless by any means, but if your champion can get golem without it, it loses quite a bit of its usefulness. A spare slot for exhaust, teleport or another escape spell will be overall more useful then smite as soon as you're out of the jungle. Only bad junglers stay there till lane phase is over, since lane phase is the best time to gank.

Stealing buffs will give you an edge but thats it, stealing dragon is helpful though, and baron requires great timing to be stolen with smite, if you can reach it without stealth, but can turn the tide of the game in your favor if you manage to do it.

If you're going to gank alot and you can get your buffs without smite, other spells will improve your ganking and survivability by quite a bit.

There's only one situation were smite is useless though, as demonstrated by the garen in my team who used it to last hit.

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 03, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »

All this talk of junglers makes me want to play one now, i'm out of IP and none are free this week -.-
AS - IG

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 03, 2011, 04:57:24 pm »

Sush, you're making me think of buying Fiddlesticks instead of Leblanc.  I'm only 1000 away, this would be a terrible time to lose focus.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 03, 2011, 05:02:32 pm »

Fiddlesticks > leblanc.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #997 on: March 03, 2011, 05:11:39 pm »

All this talk of junglers makes me want to play one now, i'm out of IP and none are free this week -.-

2-3 games will get you the 450 IP to grab Nunu.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 03, 2011, 06:29:06 pm »

2-3 games will get you the 450 IP to grab Nunu.

Malphite is free this week if you have the runes for him.

The sheer degree of BAD here is staggering.

Jungling without smite is like laning without items. 'nuff said.

Just because I'm not going with the popular opinion?
If I didn't knew any better, I'd say you both are trolling, by using such statements. Wow, way to fall on the "My arguments are bad so I accuse you of trolling" defense.

@Pandar:

1.) Running: wolves-wraiths-minigolems-enemy wraiths-enemy minigolems-wolves-wraiths-minigolems.
Recalling. Getting razor and 1-2 healthpotions. Getting both buffs. Then ganking, defending, jungling.
Your point only would be valid, if junglecreeps wouldn't have respawn times.  Yeah, uh, by the time you've gotten your wolves, wraiths, and minigolems, if you're LUCKY they'll still be at red long enough for you to take their minigolems (in which case if you were good and brought Smite you'd steal the lizard and set them back horrendously instead). If you're unlucky, they'll catch you at them with a double-buff running and proceed to manhandle you because they're level 3 and doublebuffed and you're probably level 2 and have one or two minigolems of aggro on you as well.

2.) I'll be doing those only, when I'm sure I'm safe. Lantern/razor, together with ghostblade will net you dragon in seconds.
You are pretty much screwed anyway, if the enemy engages you after the baron fight and your team is damaged. The point of Baron is to force the enemy to fight you when they can't handle it (e.g. you just caught their tank on his own and killed him so they have no good initiation method, or even better, you killed their carry and they have no damage). Also, in pretty much every situation I can think of that I've seen an enemy team doing dragon without smite, it ended with me powerballing/bandagetossintocurseofthesadmummying/unstoppableforcing my way into the dragon, stealing it with smite, and running for it. Smite makes that really easy. It works every time.

3.) The number of times I actually got my buff stolen is negligible. Getting the enemy junglers buff can be achieved by simply killing them, especially since you have exhaust against most autoattack junglers. I sucessfully counter-jungled tyrn, ww, yi and rammus that far. Let's see how well I can fare against the rest of the jungling crowd. Playing against bad junglers doesn't make you good, it makes them bad. Also, counterjungling Yi is no great feat. Same for Trynd. WW is hard to kill but he can't secure his stuff TOO well.

tl;dr: Soft-jungling still nets you what jungling is for, 2 additional solo lanes. It nets you ONE additional solo lane and a source of unpredictable ganks. Additionally you have a free slot for a summoner spell of your choosing, which can greatly increase your ganking getting your buffs stolen capability and stays useful in late game much like smite. Only drawback is, that you can't get buffs until your farm your first 700g which ruins your ganking potential and defeats half the point of having a jungler/color].

And anyway, I sort of agree with Mindmaker regarding smite? Namely with smite being sort of useless in the late game unless you're trying to steal buffs/dragon/baron, which requires good timing and is pretty situational to waste a slot on. Not saying smite is useless by any means, but if your champion can get golem without it, it loses quite a bit of its usefulness. No, it doesn't. See what I've said before. A game with two good junglers will be a constant battle for buff control. In fact, my skill in buffstealing with smite and my borderline cruel ganks are the two single factors that are allowing me to duo-queue my way out of Elo Hell. A spare slot for exhaust, teleport or another escape spell will be overall more useful then smite as soon as you're out of the jungle. Only bad junglers stay there till lane phase is over, since lane phase is the best time to gank. Yes, but you've missed the whole point of jungling which is to hit early and hard with your ganks. You should be at WORST even with the solo lanes when you go for First Blood.

Stealing buffs will give you an edge but thats it, stealing dragon is helpful though, and baron requires great timing to be stolen with smite, if you can reach it without stealth, but can turn the tide of the game in your favor if you manage to do it. Stealing Baron is NOT THAT HARD, see what I've already said. Stealing dragon is hugely helpful and easy to steal as well. Stealing buffs gives you a HUGE edge. If you didn't notice, buffs you obtain are buffs your enemy doesn't. That gimps THEIR ganks, strengthens YOUR ganks, and gives you bonus Exp and Gold.

If you're going to gank alot and you can get your buffs without smite, other spells will improve your ganking and survivability by quite a bit. No, the Smite improves your ganking because it lets you finish your initial run and gank faster.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 03, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »

I haven't seen a jungling Malph ever since he got nerfed, and i don't wanna Nunu he's not my cup of tea, would prefer Olaf or WW, but i need another 2500 IP for them :(
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:45 pm »

Strangely enough, Warwick is the rarest jungler you will see. Very rare to encounter a jungling Warwick these days. I dunno why. Lots of Shacos, Fiddles.... mostly Shacos and Fiddles. Sometimes Udyr.

The last time I saw a jungling Malphite he started with boots and died to golem.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 03, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »

Only ones as rare as Malph are Olaf and Tyrind, haven't seen those in ages, WW i encouter atleast once a week, Udyr happens sometimes, so does Nunu.
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 03, 2011, 06:58:42 pm »

I've jungled as Malphite several times this week; he's a solid (DO HO HO HO) altenrative to my mains of Rammus and Amumu.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 03, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »

Hmm, might give him a whirl, anything i should look out for, builds, tips, cheats and the like?
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:21 pm »

I hate this game so much... in 20 years of gaming, I've never played another that could make me rage so hard...

but it's so addicting... my wife and most of my friends play it every fucking night... and it's amazing fun when it's actually fun...

too bad roughly 1/5 of matches are actually any fun...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 165