Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165265 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #870 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:45 am »

People build AS on Xin because his Passive, his Q, and his W both get better with it. That's 3 of his 5 abilities. Furthermore, his W lowers CD on his other abilities based on his AS, meaning it benefits all of his abilities.

People build SotD and Youmuu's on him because the CDR and AS means that he can bring his ult off cooldown stupidly fast, and SotD means that when you pop its active then hit your R it hits with (Armor-30)/(Armor+70) against anyone with 30 or more armor, on top of Youmuu's penetrating 20 and having around 21 with a full set of runes and masteries. Having 71 armorpen means that you'll be hitting your R at full damage (with your undodgeable attacks reducing your cooldowns) against every poor nontank bastard on the enemy team.

Black Cleaver is derp to rush on Xin Zhao; it provides, humorously enough, too much of a focus on pure damage and too little on his other stats. Xin Zhao needs Armorpen, not armor reduction applying to one person over 3 hits. That only encourages you to try putting your armor debuff on people before you swing your R around, which means you're less likely to hit 4-5 people (and even if you do, it'll hit all but one of them more softly).

It's better, in most cases, to get him his SotD, his Youmuu's, a Frozen Mallet, then more surviva so you can make it to the middle of their team and hit your R.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 26, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »

Xin Zhao, like Tryndamere and Olaf, has this huge sign on his head that says "PLS FOCUS ME NAO".

So while all the Youmuu and SotD advocates have their theory right. It never lasts in the actual battle because you will get gibbed in battle before you can do anything with the crazy attack speed with no damage.

I believe in actual practice. You want to play Xin like you play Akali. You burst in then run away like a little girl, before bursting in again. Youmuu and SotD all promote you to stay in battle for an excessive amount of time. I really, really much prefer to inflict 2500 damage on Annie in one combo, and run away. Than inflict 1700 damage on Annie and get incinerated by her.

Of course the standard Xin build is better for 1v1 fights, or vs tanks. I just don't feel that's my job in an actual game.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #872 on: February 26, 2011, 04:44:28 pm »

I find almost all Ashes and most Xin Zhaos that rush straight attack speed and such to fail. Phantom dancers, sure they make you crit and attack faster, but what use is it if you deal no dmg?
Bloodrazors is so much better if you want both attack speed and damage.

Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 26, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »

I find twisted fate works insanely well with a magegun, a blood razor, final wish, mage resistance boots, and a high attack speed item.  I've had plenty of 25-0 games with him.
Nom nom nom

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 26, 2011, 07:22:01 pm »

I find twisted fate works insanely well with a magegun, a blood razor, final wish, mage resistance boots, and a high attack speed item.  I've had plenty of 25-0 games with him.

I think you mean Hextech gunblade and Last whisper ? Which client are you using ? (i play with the french one but i ended up learning the english names of items)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #875 on: February 26, 2011, 08:31:19 pm »

Played a Campus-Wide League of Legends tournament last night. My team lost the finals, though. Sadness.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 26, 2011, 08:50:16 pm »

Played a Campus-Wide League of Legends tournament last night. My team lost the finals, though. Sadness.
Hey, if there were finals, at least you were better than all the other teams bar one.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »

So while all the Youmuu and SotD advocates have their theory right. It never lasts in the actual battle because you will get gibbed in battle before you can do anything with the crazy attack speed with no damage.

E, [SotD], R, [Youmuu's], W, Q, HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL HEAL

Once you have your SotD, Youmuu's, and Frozen Mallet (which is more surviva than damage) you should start building tanky. If they focus you, great, you can live a while and heal like a monster while your team hits them.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #878 on: February 26, 2011, 10:11:00 pm »

New Patch Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6SzK1DtAI

Summary:

General:
Focus on game pacing issues.
-Riot believes games are dragging out too long, even when not close games.
-Changes to minions waves:
--After 20 minutes every second wave will have a cannon minion (instead of every third)
-Death Timers:
--Reduction of early game death timer
Towers now have 20% armor penetration, but lower base damage (evens out in normal cases but gives more damage in high armor situations)

Urgot:

Bugfix for lock on and missiles, fixing a bug that was giving him about an extra 350 range (in certain situations that competitive players knew how to exploit but not the general population)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 26, 2011, 10:44:57 pm »

Sounds like a good patch to me.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #880 on: February 26, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »

There is obviously going to be a lot more minor changes than those also.

And yeah, it does sound like a good patch.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:16 pm »

DOUBLE RAINBOW POST.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:17:58 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 26, 2011, 11:17:06 pm »

I bought Nasus yesterday, I haven't lost a single game with him yet, safe to say I have no regrets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's a great addition to a teamfight, and pretty simple to play him in one too. Pick target, W, QQQQQQ.

Want to give you and your team an extra edge? Use E, it debuffs armor. Want to make people cry? Once you lose a bit of HP, pop your ulti and melt people's faces. Get sheen and if you charged your Q during the game, you'll make people go OW MY FACE when you use it, and with ionian boots the cooldown is negligible. Nasus is a very odd champion, he doesnt look strong, but he is.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 26, 2011, 11:17:53 pm »

epic double post dakk.  Atleast the picture in the second one works.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 27, 2011, 12:08:57 am »

Eh, lost for the first time as Nasus due to laning with the worst Akali in a while.

EDIT: Double fail due to singed dying a few times, going "D: GUYSE LETS SURRENDER K" then even after we were beating then on 4 vs 5 since he was refusing to do anything to try and coax us into surrendering, he didn't do anything. Teemo pretty much just cried, except he fed instead.

How do people get above level 20 if they want to surrender after dying 3 times because of their own mistakes? Then again my friend's word is probably true, IE alot of people are level 30, but among their 400 or so games, only 30% are wins.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:04:21 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 165