Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164913 times)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2010, 02:58:33 pm »

I will use that link..
But what? Buying champions?
Please explain? D:

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2010, 03:24:16 pm »

I will use that link..
But what? Buying champions?
Please explain? D:
Thanks!
No worries. You unlock champions with in-game points (you can buy them with real money but I see no point, its not hard at all to unlock few champs) you earn for playing matches. Also there is free rotation week with 10 random champions available to play for free so you can test them/play the game even if you haven't unlocked anything yet. Only those most expensive champions (so called tier 3) require big point investment (like 15x,4x,2x bigger than from lower tiers) so it may take a while to unlock these guys. But again no worries since more expensive champ != more powerful or whatever champ, usually they are just harder to play (there are exceptions like Twitch).

EDIT: Maybe I should go through thread and post nicks and server they are playing on of all people from Bay12 playing LoL so its easier to form premade/play practice match?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:39:30 pm by janekk »

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2010, 03:59:39 pm »

So.. Basically, using the Rotation champions you can try out some champions and get a feel for them, and whenever you earn enough points, buy a champion you like, so you have them permanently?
I like that.

So why should you buy T3 Champions if everything is so balanced? :D

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2010, 04:07:36 pm »

Its just the price label.
I sometimes wonder if there is some bigger plan behind, in how they set prices...

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:00 pm »

Anyway.. I think it broke.
I registered and everything, entered my Username, email.. All that stuff.
And whenever I clicked "Play now Free" it went to loading, and stayed like that.
For at least 5 minutes.

Naturally I assumed it had crashed and so, I promptly hit F5, effectively refreshing the page.
Now whenever I try to re-enter my details, it informs me the username 'Evilgrim' has been taken, assuredly by me, however when I attempt to login using said username, with the password I set myself, it gives me an error, claiming my username or password to be incorrect!
[/Stops writing like a tool]

What's up?

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2010, 04:19:40 pm »

So.. Basically, using the Rotation champions you can try out some champions and get a feel for them, and whenever you earn enough points, buy a champion you like, so you have them permanently?
I like that.

Exactly. Personally I like that system a lot. It gives you good access to different champions but at same time it gives you something to unlock. I think of it like achievements but these are actually useful for something.

Well you might simply like one of these expensive champs.

By any chance did you register for American server? I'm on EU servers and client is saying its online. EDIT: I heard that lately there were some issues with NA servers. I can't really give you any advice other than checking official forum for information. I had sudden attack of stupidity and only after reading it second time I got what your problem is. Just tell me on what server you registered and I will post about it on official forum.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 05:00:48 pm by janekk »

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2010, 07:15:32 pm »

EU servers. :3

It happened again..
So I tried it a third time, and wham.
It worked! I've had to register as "Evilgrimmy" now though.. But hey, it's better than putting numbers in my name.

Electronic Phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:34 pm »

You should compile that list, Janekk.  If you do so, however, be sure to make sure to note whether or not the player is on the European servers or the American servers (and, when and if they come out, Asian servers as well).  I play quite a bit.  My nick is Saskali.  As to communication, I've used both Ventrilo and Skype.  Of the two, I prefer Skype (so I don't have to push the fricken button every time I want to talk)... but Vent is actually better it isn't straining by internet connection.  I dunno how much I'll be able to play in the next few days, but I might be able to be available in the evenings (say around 8-9 pm-ish PST) next week.  Or tomorrow (Sunday), for that matter.

-(e)EP

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2010, 04:42:18 am »

I edited OP. ?? players didn't say on what server they play. Not very long list. Hopefully more people will sign up so we can do premades with voice chat and everything. I'm thinking about adding which champions each person plays. Though it all depends on you folks to post this info.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2010, 06:19:10 am »

I'm from Australia (+9.30 time zone) so what server should I play in?

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2010, 07:20:04 am »

I guess US is closer to you. Though there are people in Europe that play on American servers without much problem. Try where you want and if ping will be unbearable just try other one.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:22:48 am by janekk »

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2010, 08:11:00 am »

My username is Evilgrimmy.. And I've got the GMT time.. Or something..
I just got up, don't sue me! D:

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2010, 03:24:14 pm »

I'd assume I play on the NA server, due to living in canada....
Nom nom nom

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2010, 03:30:26 pm »

It depends entirely on what server you choose while registering account. Though I see no reason why you would pick EU  ;D.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2010, 03:31:59 pm »

It depends entirely on what server you choose while registering account. Though I see no reason why you would pick EU  ;D.
Is there any way to tell once you log in?
edit* I'm on North America, yay!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:34:57 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 165