Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165072 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2011, 07:47:35 pm »

So I hear Riot likes making balance changes based on input from low level players.

Mhm.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2011, 08:30:03 pm »

Yeah, they do. They even said so themselves a few patches ago when they nerfed Mordekaiser.

There goes my Rammus, and Eve. It doesn't even make sense, in the video they talk about how Eve's problem is that she can stealth and stun, so their response is to turn her base stats to something even worse than what it was before. Nevermind that Eve is incapable of laning whatsoever.

I can bet you the next to be nerfed will be Shen and Malphite. They'll just keep nerfing the tanks until there's no tanks left to nerf.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:23 pm »

It really kills me, they've ended up making so many heros just useless.  I mean there's no point in playing Heirmdinger any more, since his turrents are just awful, and his abilities are just pointless, since he's FOCUSED ON THE TURRENTS!
Nom nom nom

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »

Well Malphite could use a bit of a nerf, but Eve is fine as far as i'm concerned, if you are being a cheap ass and can't afford a ward/elixir then you deserve to die to a stealth gank.This ofcourse makes her very powerful in random games where most of the team is too retarded to buy anything to counter her stealth.

Ninja edit:
They are going to buff Heim it seems, making his turrets something similar to Teemos 'shrooms and buffing his ult quite a bit, now it will not only heal turrets and give them slow but also buff his other abilities, so more rockets and a faster grenade
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 15, 2011, 09:58:41 pm »

Pantheon is getting nerfed too.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 15, 2011, 10:00:33 pm »

New champion actualy looks interesting for a change, well at least its not another cookie cuter fanservice female champion. I have over 6.300 IP, I might wait till he gets out before spending it. Or better yet, buy mundo and earn back the IP through cleaving.

DPS mundo is so fun.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #381 on: January 17, 2011, 10:34:13 am »

New champion actualy looks interesting for a change, well at least its not another cookie cuter fanservice female champion. I have over 6.300 IP, I might wait till he gets out before spending it. Or better yet, buy mundo and earn back the IP through cleaving.

DPS mundo is so fun.

I fear Renekton will be just a different Xin Zhao:

Tyrant’s Reach: Renekton cleaves, dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing for 20% of the damage dealt. Each target hit grants 5 fury, up to 25. Heal amount is tripled against champions up to a hard cap.

When Renekton has more than 50 Fury he heals for a large portion of damage dealt. Consumes 50 Fury.
Like Xin's ultimate, this is an AoE strike. Sure, healing is new, but not very different.

Ruthless Predator: Renekton’s next attack will swing twice dealing a percentage of his Attack Damage as physical damage and stunning his target for a short time. Applies on-hit effects.

When Renekton has more than 50 Fury, his next attack will swing three times dealing a percentage of his Attack Damage and stunning his target for an increased duration. Consumes 50 Fury.
Xin's one ability makes his third attack knock you up in the air, this is quite similar. No need to strike twice before the stun though.

Slice: Renekton dashes forward, dealing physical damage to targets along the way. If he hits a target he gains the ability to use Dice. .
Dice: Renekton dashes, dealing physical damage along the way.

When Renekton has more than 50 Fury during Dice, he deals 50% additional damage and shreds the armor of targets he hits. Consumes 50 Fury.
A basic dash ability that I hate - Xin also has a dash..

Dominus (Ultimate): Renekton empowers himself with dark energies, gaining increased size and health for 15 seconds. While empowered, he deals additional magic damage and generates bonus Fury every second.
Xin doesn't have this, yes, but Nasus has almost exactly same ulti.

My conclusions: Fun? If you think Xin Zhao is fun, then you most likely find this guy as well. If you are like me, and have permanent traumas from the times when Xin was released (almost guaranteed to get something like 21/2/4) then you hate this guy.
I personally don't like dashes that are really easy to aim, one reason which makes me hate Xin. I really hope Renekton's dash will require actual aiming like Shen's does.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 17, 2011, 10:44:16 am »

There's one thing renekton though: ruthless predator hits multiple times and apply on hit effects. Thats 3 stacks of black cleaver in a single attack. If they leave it as it is, he's going to burn through armor and champions that depend on healing pretty fast (executioner's calling, malady). Since it apples on hit effects, people are also wondering if it also crits like other spells that apply on hit effects, it probably won't, but if it does, expect a huge nerf wave comming towards him.

Anyway, riot really does nerf champions based on comments by new players. Apparently if you use a champion effectively while everyone else doesn't, your champion needs to be nerfed. Rammus didnt need a nerf at all, nor did heimer, much less eve.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 17, 2011, 11:34:00 am »

I use Riot's silly balance changes to switch characters. I switched to Roku-style Mundo and AP Soraka now.

Mmm... Soraka. Still trying to find a way to build her so that people stop targetting me first in teamfights. Will probably rush a GA after Deathcap because the GA swirly effect makes people not attack you. So while I will have less AP for uber OP heals that turn 4v5 fights into 8v5 (global heal for 1000hp looooool), I won't be squished in the first 5 seconds either. I don't understand why the LoL community thinks Soraka is the worst champ. Silly community is silly.

We did a Sona + Soraka + 3 carries vs a typical team earlier and it was quite funny. We would end teamfights with full hp full mana. We didn't even need a tank simply because of all the heals and auras. After awhile the enemy team got so pissed off their Tryndamere and Olaf would chase the two of us across the entire map while our three carries finished off their entire team.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #384 on: January 17, 2011, 02:15:53 pm »

Not like Olaf and Trynd could've bought Executioner's Callings to repel you..
Did they have ignites?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 17, 2011, 02:45:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was like "lol team, how come I have more kills then any of you, we're not even teamfighting that much?"

team "because cho is overpowered >:CCCC"

Totally not because they don't know how to play their characters properly. Too bad riot listens to them rather then telling them to learn to play.

We lost even though we have twice the kills of the other team. Nobody except me ever pushed, when we cleared our lane yi left to kill people in other lanes and never pushed, and swain and veigar failed to beat heimerdinger and soraka on top, despite both of them having sweet stuns and being very damaging casters.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 17, 2011, 02:54:10 pm »

Your Yi is clearly clinically retarded if he doesn't have two phantom dancers instead of that infinity edge, and your Kassadin is retarded for not finishing a rod of ages or Banshee's Veil instead of making a Sheen, which he should never even be using.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 17, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »

I should deinstall that game, until I find a premade, which will probably never happen.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 17, 2011, 04:01:16 pm »

Just had the most fun game ever.

I was playing zilean and we had an alt account swain. He got a ton of kills and had more than a 1000 AP. In the end he sold his boots so he could get more AP and I had to keep hasting him.

Also, we won a 3v5 teamfight. Our Cho with guardian got focused and killed and he popped back up, and since he didnt have a lot of health after that he got focused again, and then I dropped my ulti on him and he popped back up again. Apparently the enemy team was quite angry at me then.

And I got all the aura items and then I started building that MR armor with percentage health regen. In the end our entire team was screwing around. EDIT: With the exception of our Yi, who was just dying.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:03:55 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 17, 2011, 04:40:48 pm »

I should deinstall that game, until I find a premade, which will probably never happen.
Are you on EU?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 165