Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165113 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »

Anyone can play any class badly of course, but underselling Trist’s ability to lane seems crazy.

You're the one who was accusing me of calling Tristana a poor laner. This is why I hate talking to bad players. Jesus, I'm just going to ignore you from now on.

Lumbajack: I think you're the first player I've ever seen who has SotD, Malady AND Bloodrazor as part of their core build. It's pretty interesting.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2011, 05:00:17 pm »

Lumbajack: I think you're the first player I've ever seen who has SotD, Malady AND Bloodrazor as part of their core build. It's pretty interesting.
Works ridiculously well, all that synergy. Even when you auto-attack with TF, you're still doing mostly magic damage. And SotD stacks with Stacked Deck.

Also the build is pretty cheap, as Bloodrazor is your most expensive item, and most of the other stuff is under 2,000.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:33 pm »

Yeah, looking at it more, I can see how it works. Your build looks very very good at destroying tanky or beefy characters, which might explain why it does very well. I would imagine your TF would have some problems with super damage characters (80MPen is probably overkill when the enemy has 20 MR but crits for 900 damage every 0.5 seconds) but it'll probably shred everyone else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2011, 06:15:49 pm »

Yeah, looking at it more, I can see how it works. Your build looks very very good at destroying tanky or beefy characters, which might explain why it does very well. I would imagine your TF would have some problems with super damage characters (80MPen is probably overkill when the enemy has 20 MR but crits for 900 damage every 0.5 seconds) but it'll probably shred everyone else.

I've experimented with such a build before. If they have a very strong initiator, this and a good burst caster can, if you work fast, kill him before his team can follow him in. It won't always happen, but if you can make their initiator afraid to initiate, fights start on your terms. Furthermore (assuming good map awareness) you can go wander away to do other stuff like push a lane solo, and if their team gets too close you pop Destiny.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2011, 08:40:41 pm »

While getting back in game with Nasus (who is great fun) i had an interesting match, while i did do some stupid mistakes (like killing mord over half the map only to be killed by his tower (and he is left alive with 90 hp)) we did pretty well overall, and their mordekaiser had some interesting choices in regards of items.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, while FH is a good item on someone who is having trouble with AS dps characters (like our Jax or Cait) it really is a bad idea on Mord since for the roughly same money you can get Randouins Omen which gives much better stats and is much more useful (plus none of that pesky mana)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »

Anyone can play any class badly of course, but underselling Trist’s ability to lane seems crazy.

You're the one who was accusing me of calling Tristana a poor laner. This is why I hate talking to bad players. Jesus, I'm just going to ignore you from now on.

Hilariously uncalled for. I guess I just misunderstood you when you said “I think the reason she's rarely played is that it's actually relatively difficult to lane with Tristana,”. I read that it is hard to lane AS her. You meant that she is a difficult lane partner because she steals all the kills. See? Isn’t that better than whining at and ignoring each other?

Moving along... I haven't seen that TF build active, but it does sound pretty good. Interesting combination of items that cause magic damage and magic pen. I will say, however, I still don’t like Sheen.  An extra 100% of base damage on your next attack comes out to how much dps? Void staff would give you triple the AP and 40% magic penetration.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »

Jopax: I can see his reasoning. He was probably desperate in trying to fight that superfed Jax and a Mundo AND a Nassus. So in his mind, he was probably going "my team is so damn fail, getting barely any defensive items. Heck, the only other person on my team with any defense is LUX of all people. Why the heck is she getting MR?! 4/5 of their entire team is doing physical DPS so I should try to do my part and get something to try and slow down their DPS." Not to mention he did quite well on their team, so you have to give him that.

Probably a silly idea, since his teammates were beyond saving. Tank Lux... DPS Shaco...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2011, 11:23:37 pm »

Lol just had my worse and most hilarious game in ages. First time as ashe. I've been playing tanks for so long that I just forgot how to play carries, except twitch I guess.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:32 am »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2011, 01:22:43 am »

lol.... soraka and sona... The agony.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:23 am »

Well I only ever play with arranged teams so being squishy doesn't bother me, I just don't rush in first like a raving lunatic.

I wish I had an arraged team...
When playing with random people, banshees is a must have, if you plan on keeping your soulstealer stacks.

I don't like AP TF either because his ratios aren't good enough to warrant it, and he gets much better returns from magic penetration.

Well considering his low cooldowns, his ratios are well enough and you get a scaling auto-attack with stacked deck.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:04 am »

Yes I'm 100% sure.

I just discovered Rammus's defensive ball curl uses AP as well as armor. I bet it's a bug but I'm not going to report it. I've been experimenting with AP Rammus and holy cow... a Rammus with just 270 AP can kill a tower with his ultimate in 5 seconds. I'm not joking, try it yourself. Works on the inhibitor and nexus turrets too. 5 - 7 seconds.

Proof that DBC uses AP:

DBC level 1 damage to a purple caster minion (35 damage):
http://img808.imageshack.us/f/36343095.jpg/

DBC level 1 damage + 2 rods to a purple caster minion (63 damage):
http://img340.imageshack.us/f/10602608.jpg/

At DBC level 5 it does nearly 200 damage to a PCM. Considering without any AP, DBC only does about 70 damage to the PCM, it's a HUGE amount. Now, consider what this means...

This means that an AP Rammus who taunts a normally really crappy autoattack character like Soraka will do an additional 200+ damage to her compared to next to nothing for non-AP. On the other hand, it will do an INSANE amount of damage to a really good autoattack character while still preserving good armor and MR from DBC itself alone. Now, you couple this with his redonkulous damage from the ultimate with AP (5 seconds towerkill) and you're starting to see what I'm talking about aren't you? :P

The best part is. His q, the roll, is 1:1 AP. Yup. He technically has three AOE nukes. If AP Rammus with 270 AP (and that's a low amount of AP) rolls into a group of enemies, they will take nearly 700 damage just from that. Of course, you don't really want to initiate teamfights as AP Rammus, so feel free to roll in after the fight starts. Also, it makes it so freaking easy for him to clear minion waves finally. Anyone who's played Rammus knows his biggest weakness is his horrible, terrible ability to clear minion waves. Seriously, he's one of the worst. With AP Rammus, just one roll or one DBC and poof, all dead. Not even Anivia kills that fast.

You know what else, getting Rylai will give a slow to EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of your AOE skills. Seriously. They won't be able to escape anything you do. Even the return damage from DBC slows them.

Not a bug, at least the AP ratio isn't. DBC used to exclusively scale with AP once and when they added an armor scaling onto the skill they apparently swept the AP ratio under the rug accidentially.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2011, 01:49:35 pm »

Re AP Twisted Fate: Have you ever hit a tower with a Blue Card?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »

My first go as a AP Gangplank

I ended up with almost 900 AP, which is with lichbane +1000 dmg to caster minions. 4 second cooldown so its not bad..

My ulti was really strong if i hit them all, about 250 per cannonball to a pantheon who had about 50 MR.

Heal was about 1200

Overall rating: Fun, and works if you get fed.  Lichbaned Parrrley acts like a normal GP's critting one. Not constant damage from melee attack like normally you would have, but very strong heal and ultimate if you can place it right.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 14, 2011, 02:28:44 pm »

I think if they fixed Plank's ult without touching his other stuff, AP Gangplank would be fairly viable. The problem is his ultimate is notoriously unreliable.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 165