Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165164 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2011, 06:22:32 pm »

I've been fiddling around with a build for Twisted Fate.

It is, for the most part, just attack speed and magic penetration.

Since the Madred's is about the fourth item in the build I have a little trouble doing damage early on, but one of the games I immediately teleported in after getting my madred's and scored a quadra-kill as they were trying to ambush my other four teammates. Enemies all at full, several teammates dying. Enemy team had no tanks though, heh.

And this week allowed me to rediscover the wonders of Ryze. Spell Flux at level 5 takes off 24 magic resist a hit, combined with your ult to make it AoE, if you can get someone hit by it all 5 times, that's -120 MR. That, plus any other magic pen you have, means that your overload will then do about 1,000 damage at level 5, even without that much AP or mana to give it extar damage.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 05, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »

I find my favorite twisted fate builds are a crit/attackspeed/lifesteal/self resistance type combo, dirves people nutz in team fights, they can't kill you at all.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »

Ahhh shit, was playing with naxza but ever since a storm some days ago, the power has been rather fliquery at later hours, so i just got a 5 second blackout which caused the wireless network i set up in my house for all the laptops to go down with it.
It took a few mins to restart but then it was too late, hope we won, we were winning.

Also I only find AP TFs to be a threat. AD TFs are like playing against any other AD carry, I just put thornmail in as cho, then watch as they try to duel me, and nom nom their faces.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:15 pm »

You made a pretty good shen for a one of your first tries, most go too aggressive with him early on and mess up badly. I died too much as cho early on. Well, maybe not that much, but i couldnt get health stacks going on, and I wasn't about to buy warmogs. Anyway using rupture under my feet as people tried to melee me was hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:34:18 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 05, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »

Its possible to do an aggressive shen, since now you have more then just one tanky AP equip (zhonyas hourglass gives armor along with 100 AP, and then there's rylai's). You'll make alot of people angry if you don't warn beforehand and say you're aren't exactly tanking, tho. I've seen it done a few times but it didn't seem that good honestly, probably just bad players tho, shen's abilties stack pretty well.

I think its possible in the same way an AP Cho is possible. Cho's rupture has a 1 to 1 AP rate and does insane damage, and his melee passive stacks with AP, and there's his silencing roar, plus he can aways use his ulti for tons of true damage. But people will get pissed at you when they notice you aren't going to take a frozen arrow on the face for them.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:42:34 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 06, 2011, 12:06:20 am »

Shen's AP ratios are:

q: 0.65 for damage, 0.2 for heal
w: 0.6 extra shield
r: 1 extra shield

So not terrible, but not the best either. Remember that Shen is not mana driven, but energy driven. Thus, unlike Cho Gath who can spam his skills all day provided he has the mana, Shen will always be limited to his 200 energy (+50/s regen).

In other words, if AP Shen doesn't kill his targets by the time he runs out of energy, he's completely screwed. Furthermore, his only offensive skill from AP building is q and that's a pretty pathetic nuke. It does have a short cooldown so if you conserve your energy to only toss out the q and the occassional feint, then you could theoretically do some damage.

What Shen gains significantly from AP is huge boosts to his two shields. But if that was the point of stacking AP on Shen, why not just build him tanky in the first place?

In summary.... I think he would be an entertaining troll character. Like AP Warwick.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2011, 01:11:26 am »

I must've confused the rates, I was pretty sure his attacks stacked at 1 to 1. Eh wells, it'd be pretty overpowered if his healing stacked 1 to 1 anyway.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 06, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »

One fun thing i have found is an AP mordekaiser, after getting raped by one the other day i decided to try it out myslef.Had about 600 AP by the end of the game, my ult dealt some 50% hp damage, my e did around 600 and stuff like that, really fun to see one spell take out half of Kog'Maws health.We lost in the end because of a retarded team, i was part of it with 12 deaths, but also twice the kills of anyone else in my team :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:41 pm »

AP cho is also scary as hell due to 1 to 1 AP rate on rupture, which already does some pretty decent damage even with zero AP gear, has a neat area of effect and keeps enemiesi n place a second by throwing them up the air and slows them down. Its the sole reason to why a well done AP cho is a force to be feared. The cooldown hurts though, and his roar, despite only having slightly smaller rates and power, has a longer cooldown. Plus tank cho is aways more fun as you can go full tank and still pick off people when their health is low enough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Plus just taking the enemy team to the face then rupturing the ground under their feet when you team is close is just that much fun.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:40:48 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 06, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »

Another thing with him is that a hybrid cho is even scarier than an AP/tank one.You aren't impossible to kill so no one ignores you (because you really don't do much) and you aren't all that weak and focused easily, you become one very meaty caster that can both take a beating and dish out a lot of hurt.
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2011, 07:10:41 pm »

Man, I just love being in mid as Gangplank. Denying is such a fun hobby.

My last game, at 4 minutes I am lvl 4 and enemy Swain is lvl 3:

At 8 minutes, I have 2 kills (first bloods) and i am 4 levels higher. Evelynn gave me a doublekill with Swain, and she also sapped some of his exp, so I leveled really quick compared to him:

Not showing off my skills, but if you are against a good Gangplank and die even once early on, you bet you're gonna get outleveled.

EDIT: If you're gonna deny, be prepared to fight at your turret. If the enemy pushes hard, you might lose it early on.
Also, always prioritize your skill's cooldown (around 30-20 sec) so that you kill the cannon minion, as it gives most exp, and denying it denies the most exp from enemy. If there is no cannon minion, melee minions give more exp than ranged ones = shoot the melee ones.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:14:59 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2011, 12:16:16 pm »

I always wanted to try GP.

If you kill them or they port back (and don't have teleport) do you continue to deny, or let all the minions push?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2011, 02:27:23 pm »

I always wanted to try GP.

If you kill them or they port back (and don't have teleport) do you continue to deny, or let all the minions push?

I think you keep denying

I've seen LASD do this many a times and it works amazingly well, when i lane with him we are usually at least 1 full level above them when we're level 6, because we get abilities faster and they end up lagging behind.

Also as for a B12 game, I think we should try one tonight, say in an hour and a half (at 9pm GMT+0?)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2011, 02:37:31 pm »

Why do you deny when there is no one to deny it from, if they aren't there don't deny, if they are, deny
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2011, 02:46:21 pm »

To control minion flow and keep the fight away or near towers/gank-spots, as needed. More or less.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 165