Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165171 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2011, 02:21:48 am »

I think you got too used to how easy it was to play him before the nerf. I have gotten into a lot of arguments with Mord fanatics players and at first they over-exaggerate things about him, and then as it goes on, they start outright lying about him. I don't think the nerf is as bad as people are making it out to be.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2011, 02:58:48 am »

Guinsoo and Zileas themselves said that they overnerfed him. What else is there to say?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2011, 05:00:21 am »

That not all devs think this. Just because one of the devs says something doesn't mean that that is what all of riot staff thinks or that they are even right. They are all human of course.

I pretty much ignore anyone who makes balance decisions only a few days in from changes/additions. Even after the rework and nerf to his shield people still play him the same way and all that happens is that he becomes harass-able.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2011, 05:20:32 am »

His shield was the only advantage he had, because he was very hard to harras he could farm up early game and get some items to make him useful late game, i still farm like crazy but i also die a lot more because my shield is easily killed now
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2011, 05:47:52 am »

Well I'm guessing it's the ranged carries that are doing that to you. You are faster then most of them so try to just stay out of their range. If they go into the middle of the minions, siphon them. It's range is longer then their auto attacks and has no travel distance.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2011, 11:04:36 am »

Keep in mind guinsoo and zileas made roughly 1/6 of all champions. They're not just some small part of the staff, they're some of the main devs.

Its a bit hard to take riot's dev team seriously at times. LoL has warcraft 3 graphics yet sucks tons of ram for apparently just keeping the client running, plus PVP.net has been going pretty crazy lately. My last 3 games had only 1 person with ping above 300 and everyone was getting huge lag spikes at times. It can be hilarious at times though, you know Freakd, the guy who does the champion spotlight vids and playtests the new champions? A guy made a hilarious vid on youtube making fun of his anivia champion spotlight. This caused Freakd to go batshit and he got the guy banned.

Thats right, you can get banned for making a joke about riot's staff on an unrelated site.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2011, 11:26:38 am »

Be careful one of the dev's may find our little backwoods forum and perma-ban us all for mentioning it ;D.  But ya, I mean awhile ago they took up a ton of dev and work time following a story of some guy who stole from their cafeteria.  Seriously they made a ton of graphics and even and new skin for the specific story, so ya some of the dev team members are a little..... odd.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »

Also, they apparently have the girl with the most irritating voice in the world and the personality of a 15 year old girl as part of their team.

Exhibit A

Exhibt B

You know that item shurelia's something which is mostly useless and nobody uses it? Its named after her.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2011, 04:22:30 pm »

you realize I think that is a 15 year old girl, who is probably the daughter of one of the higher-ups, and just comes to work with him.... either that or she got dropped alot has a child.  the line "aw the are like baby kittens."  MAKES NO SENSE!
Nom nom nom

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 04, 2011, 05:29:02 pm »

850 AP viegar last game, I love that hat
Thank you based dwarf.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2011, 07:38:27 pm »

you realize I think that is a 15 year old girl, who is probably the daughter of one of the higher-ups, and just comes to work with him.... either that or she got dropped alot has a child.  the line "aw the are like baby kittens."  MAKES NO SENSE!

No, she was some sort of reporter or something who is an anime fan and riot likes how she talked I guess and so they hired her. And let her design some champions..... Yeah.

Also, devs that design champions are not exactly special. You would have to include how much that champion was tweaked from the original design. And then you have them defending the champion they made from any changes, which just completely wrecks balance.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:45 pm »

Add me to the list, summoner name is OberonDark. NA server.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know how bad your team really is when the single tank has more kills then the other four, who happen to be all carries.

A decent LoL player would look at this and see a tank who has done his job and 4 carries who haven't.

A Riot dev would look at this and see an overpowered tank and 4 balanced characters.

Its pretty much how it goes with Riot.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:13:30 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2011, 11:45:54 pm »

Well, panth wasn't in my lane, and you see those 6 poppy kills? She got them against panth and his partner in top. I was on bottom against enemy poppy and garen. Everything was going fine, we pushed two turrets before they did, but then everyone except me and ashe started dying horribly. And ashe, despite having all equips she needed, didn't really do anything.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

Frankly Cho is anything but over-powered, sure at low levels he has a great ult, and if he's a good player, huge health mid-late game.  But frankly he never has any damage, and I can easily kill even a super-fed cho with a lightly powered Twisted.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 165