Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164969 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2325 on: May 04, 2011, 01:20:33 pm »

I do love the new Gangplank, way way fun to use :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 04, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

On fighting Brand as Ryze:

Your cooldowns are way faster than his, and you will use less mana. What this means in lane is simple. After he's used a skill, move in and smack him awhile, then run. You'll probably take some damage, but he'll take more. You will eventually win the war of attrition if your timing is right. When you have your ultimate, you can slowly heal up.

It's a slow heal, but it's better than having no heal like Brand.

Also, make sure you check what summoner spells the enemy has. This should really apply to everyone honestly but you don't want to be that dumbass Ryze who tried to burst down a 20% health Brand only to find out Brand is packing exhaust and ignite.

Edit: Apparently Tribunal is getting slowly rolled out as we speak. Some people have been using it though it got shut down for some reason.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: May 04, 2011, 04:50:29 pm »

just magically won a 4v5 game.

Our Ryze in general sucked ass all game, till he left at lvl 12 and never came back.

around 35-40 minutes in we began losing horribly , then we got a few lucky team fight, and pushed down their mid inhibitor, then fought them in another teamfight for the bot inhibitor, then really easily won the last battle for the top inhibitor and pushed down their nexus.

Their Malphite gave up after we pushed down the 1st inhibitor, thank god because he was like the undying god of battles, had to always use my ultimate after a battle was over because hed always get out with like <300 health and run back to base after massacring half my team :(

fun game but when it hit around 50 minutes in i was mad, too long of a game.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2328 on: May 04, 2011, 04:58:02 pm »

I'm beginning to think Karma's one of the most underappreciated champions out there. After getting queue-dodged twice, I played a game which featured me crushing Lux mid, almost taking the tower down, killing her once, and forcing her back two or three times, and also me taking a 4v1 against my tower and killing two of them.

Of course, there was a leaver there. We were doing alright in laning, but once our Kassadin left there wasn't much we could do.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 04, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »

god Eve is such an overpowered character in high level games. Insanely powerful support early, and unstobbable later due to asssist gold.
Nom nom nom

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 04, 2011, 05:52:27 pm »

god Eve is such an overpowered character in high level games. Insanely powerful support early, and unstobbable later due to asssist gold.

First time I've ever heard this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2331 on: May 04, 2011, 05:58:31 pm »

Intriguing. Chalice first probably helps big with mana management. In the games I've played so far, I've been starting with the book on the way to Morello's, grabbing cheap boots, then finishing those into sorc shoes or Mercury's Treads, and by and large skipping mana skills and taking cleanse.

WotA is a great item for Karma, I agree--lots of AP cheap, and spell vamp doesn't hurt either. I think what I've been building as core is Morello's/Boots of Situational Appropriateness/WotA/Aegis of the Legion, with more defense or AP as necessary game to game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:57 pm »

Okay guys, you have to watch this match. It's between Team Solomid (US) and MyRevenge (EU) for another qualifier into the world championship and it is a beautiful, very entertaining game. The teamfights they get themselves in are incredible. Positioning, damage, flash use, all amazing.

Seriously, if you want to learn how to play this game properly, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBkqLaH4Vo&feature=feedu

(and other high level matches)

There's another one after that featuring Team OGodBears (US) and SK Gaming (EU) also for another qualifier. SK Gaming has one of my favorite players, Wickd, and he's in this one playing Soraka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFH2i2zV6XM

I will say that if you ever want to become godlike at this game, then watch these cause they are great stuff!

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:59 pm »

Any of you guys who play but haven't added me yet, add me. My summoner name is OberonDark, North America server.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 04, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »

It'd be nice to play with someone who doesn't push the lane every half second the enemy laners aren't in sight, or who doesn't spend the first 35 minutes building attack speed and crit items and dies to the enemy ezreal nearly 10 times before the 25 minute mark. Or is smart enough to use his Q to harass the enemy nocturne and not the enemy alistar.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:08:38 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 04, 2011, 09:04:54 pm »

I <3 Galio.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 04, 2011, 10:00:17 pm »

Hehe, AD Kassadin is fun. If you build him like Irelia, he's basically Irelia (actually more damage because of passive ArPen) except with unlimited flash. If you build him like Garen, he's a tank that can flash initiate into your team every 4 seconds, inflict CC on everything, then flash away.

He also has unlimited mana, for all practical purposes.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 04, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »

It seems like so many games I play end up going very poorly for the first twenty-five minutes or so, and then turning around after that. For instance:

I played one game as Ryze where I sort of fed Brand a bit mid. At 25 minutes or so, we were down four turrets (outers, inner mid) to their one, and they were ahead about 2-1 in kills. By then, though, we'd managed to farm enough to be effective, and we started winning team fights, and at 50 minutes in we got their nexus.

That does lead me to a question, though: I got seriously harassed against Brand, partly because I couldn't dodge anything that day, but mostly because his skillshots had a much longer range than my targeted abilities. Assuming I can dodge, what sorts of things can I do to harass someone with longer range than me?

All of Brand's abilities are skillshots, so consider getting boots earlier in your build than you usually would. Made all the difference for me as Lux.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 04, 2011, 10:29:59 pm »

Am I wrong, in late game for selling my boots, and replacing with some form of anti death item, ie guardian angel/warmogs?
I started doing this a few games ago and it seems to really help.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:38 pm »

Am I wrong, in late game for selling my boots, and replacing with some form of anti death item, ie guardian angel/warmogs?
I started doing this a few games ago and it seems to really help.
This is beyond dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 165