Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165055 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2250 on: May 01, 2011, 03:32:39 pm »

I tried Bravery mode Mordekaiser. There is a problem with it on Morde. No health regen hahaha! I spent my entire time in lane at like 100hp.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: May 01, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »

Lol, the only people who can beat Morde in lane (if they play right) are Cait and Urgot, and Nidalee will just sustain through your damage.

Late game no one can 1v1 Mordekaiser and live.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2252 on: May 01, 2011, 04:11:56 pm »

One of my friends plays Mord a lot. Of late, I've been playing Soraka. We're just about impossible to push back.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 01, 2011, 04:13:43 pm »

Lol, the only people who can beat Morde in lane (if they play right) are Cait and Urgot, and Nidalee will just sustain through your damage.

Trust me, when i play twisted fate, no mordekaiser stands in m way.
Nom nom nom

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2254 on: May 01, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »

Jax would like to meet Mordekaiser.

A jax who actually has some MR has great chances of beating Morde 1 vs 1. Pretty much anyone with MR, really.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 01, 2011, 04:27:35 pm »

anyone on NA servers up for a game sometime tonight?

User name there is : wraith123
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 01, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »

Malphite/Nasus/Renekton say hi. I remember this one morde trying to kill me 1v1 during lategame, and his damage to me was pathetic, while a single shard would make his shield explode and I could grind his health down. Eventualy shaco came and finished him off, but really, no way in hell he would've killed me, his health was dropping much faster then mine.

This was also a decent mordekaiser using standard build. Morde shines in the early and midgame, but lategame he leaves alot to be desired. He isn't tanky enough to resist focused fire for too long and he lacks any form of CC, while being unable to do as much damage as real casters can, so the tanks/tanky DPS will just ignore him, dive into the team, stun the carries and the mages will burst them down. Mordekaiser will last the fight, he may even survive, but it won't matter because his team just exploded while he attempted to grind at people's health

Mordekaiser is an easy champion to use and is good against people who don't know how to react to him, but overall, he isn't that good. He just doesn't bring alot to the team. Maokai, Nunu, Urgot, Cho'Gath, Mundo, etc. By midgame each of these champions will be more useful in teamfights then Morde, and actualy most champions will, except for katarina, katarina is just bad.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 01, 2011, 05:06:38 pm »

Malphite/Nasus/Renekton say hi. I remember this one morde trying to kill me 1v1 during lategame, and his damage to me was pathetic, while a single shard would make his shield explode and I could grind his health down. Eventualy shaco came and finished him off, but really, no way in hell he would've killed me, his health was dropping much faster then mine.

This was also a decent mordekaiser using standard build. Morde shines in the early and midgame, but lategame he leaves alot to be desired. He isn't tanky enough to resist focused fire for too long and he lacks any form of CC, while being unable to do as much damage as real casters can, so the tanks/tanky DPS will just ignore him, dive into the team, stun the carries and the mages will burst them down. Mordekaiser will last the fight, he may even survive, but it won't matter because his team just exploded while he attempted to grind at people's health

Mordekaiser is an easy champion to use and is good against people who don't know how to react to him, but overall, he isn't that good. He just doesn't bring alot to the team. Maokai, Nunu, Urgot, Cho'Gath, Mundo, etc. By midgame each of these champions will be more useful in teamfights then Morde, and actualy most champions will, except for katarina, katarina is just bad.

if morde is played correctly, he will rape you 1v1, since he will have outleveled you and outfarmed you tremendously by lvl 15 or so. Morde can lane and then go forest for a bit, go back to lane, get all the buffs he wants, etc, eventually he will be high level and have nearly all his items long before you do. Mid morde is a mean mofo.

So late game not really, once everyone gets up to item parity with him hes once again meh. but before then, my god, hes a beast tank with fairly decent dmg to boot. (god forbid he kills your high dps character first and uses his soul to beat the rest of your team with it as well) I did that one game, took out tryndamere, and as my team was losing the battle I ignored morde a bit and just started microing trynd around, ended up killing them all ^_^
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 01, 2011, 05:54:18 pm »

I've 1v1ed Morde as LeBlanc and lived.  if they can't catch you, you have nothing to worry about.  Seriously, you underestimate the power of certain assassins when you say that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:56:48 pm by V-Norrec »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 01, 2011, 06:59:25 pm »

Heh... Mundo can walk all over Morde, as soon as he has a couple of his core items.  Before then, he can easily keep a safe distance.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 01, 2011, 07:21:26 pm »

I'd say that any decent carry can kill morde easily, late game. You say he's able to farm very well, but i doubt he can clear lanes and jungle as fast as someone with pure damage items. Given that late game this type of champion has huge damage and lifesteal to go with it, your mordekaiser can't really compete.

Even if he has short cooldowns, morde won't output damage as fast and as constistently as simple autoattacks that crit 70% of the time for ~800 damage every half second. Your only chance against that is a thornmail, but then the AD carry will just ignore you and go for your teammates first. And if you're really a threat or if your team has lots of magic damage, chances are the AD guy will have magic resist, reducing greatly the effect of thormail and your attacks, and if he's ranged he should be able to kite you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:23:33 pm by Sirian »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 01, 2011, 07:32:02 pm »

I just had the most hilarious game in a while. I don't know what the enemy team was thinking, but they had an ap kog maw on mid, while karthus and pantheon were on bottom. Me and Singed just facerolled the lane. The game only took a while because my team got cocky and was 1v2 some of them, then shaco would come and rape them. It was a faceroll once we  got togheder again.

Its been a while ever since the last time I finished my build on Xin.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: May 01, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »

Almost everyone can 1v1 Morde late game and live. In case you haven't noticed, his scaling is absolute crap.

It's not very different from 1v1-ing Vlad or Mundo or Rammus or what have you. Morde's greatest strengths are:
1. Strong sustained damage
2. Strong survivability
3. ABSURD farming

Morde is designed to snowball from his farming, which leads him to doing crazy damage and have good survivability thanks to the farm, which leads him to getting fed etc. However, if Morde doesn't get this level / gold advantage that he needs, EVERYONE can kill him. Also why he will get raped (a very, very, slow rape), in the late game since even though he can complete his build super fast, he doesn't scale very well.

You would get the same results if you could farm as well as Morde with say... Olaf. Except, you know, Olaf with 200 CS at 30 minutes is infinitely scarier than Morde with 200 CS at 30 minutes.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2263 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »

I had a really great game on TT as Urgot. I got an ace at least 3 times. It was hilarious though, because early on their Nocturne was just going around killing everybody, but once I got my Manamune, nobody on their team stood a chance. At one point I almost went 1v3 versus their entire team, but Vlad showed up at the very last second so it was made 2v3 (I still killed all three). Urgot is just so much fun to play.

The most hilarious kill was when a Yi was chasing me down to my tower, with me at about 200 health. So I hit my shield, then switch Yi INTO the tower and kill him with hunters and the grenade with the help of the tower. Then I run back to spawn, laughing. The funny thing is that Yi might have been able to kill me if he just went after me after the switch.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:56 am »

Panic is the killer, in that situation. He desperately tried to escape alive when it was impossible.

In other news, Lux, Lux, Lux. How I love you so. Being the only person using AP on the team (of me, Xin, Ashe, Rammus and Alistar) is so much fun with any mage, but Lux especially, because everyone I've seen underestimates Lux. Nobody expects easily 600+ damage from just outside tower range at midgame (Q -> E). You even can do this from the bushes at Top and Bot.

Towards the end, of course, they started getting MR, but it was too late by then. Rod of Ages, 2x Archangels, Rabadons, Sorc Shoes. I was so fed and happy and OMGWTFBBQ.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:45:09 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 165