Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165275 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2055 on: April 24, 2011, 02:27:39 pm »

After another game with Zilean, I have found that dualbombing a minion near a champion is far better than I originally thought. I have gotten to a state where improper positioning will get you killed, and the little bit of extra range it can give you is extremely good at getting rid of any hope of counter-harrasment or getting jumped on by someone.

And I imagine that lane would kick my ass to next sunday, after which an acid hunter will hit me to the next year.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 24, 2011, 02:38:19 pm »

OHGOD Zilean plus Urgot, the rape, it's too much to imagine, if you towerhug they bomb you, if you try to get close they acid hunt you, you can never win.

In other news, getting SoC at 20 and filling it up halfway before they surrender is always fun, and people generally being dumb and blaming it on their latency is always fun ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 24, 2011, 02:44:42 pm »

Urgots physical and Zils magic, so you could only get good defence against one of em too.

Rape would indeed be had.

And I just realized, Zil ult + Urgot ult. Under your tower? Not anymore! Kill towerdiving Urgot? No you dont.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 24, 2011, 07:37:08 pm »

So I decided to try out Mordekaiser while he was still free. Helluva fun guy. Had a match where I lost despite going 14/4/11 because the rest of my team was to terrible to carry alone. Still, thanks to me it turned from a curbstomp to a sneaky backdoor attack while we were away.

I'll admit I got the build from the net. No shame in that, right? Basically, build Sorcerer's Shoes and Haunting Guise and all other items are tankystuff depending on opponents. It takes advantage of how people tend to build for pure damage and how Mordekaiser's shield benefits from his armor and resistance. You don't need to use those terrible AP ratios of his to win, you simply win by doing full damage. The only problem is its lack of CDR.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 24, 2011, 07:57:22 pm »

the cool thing about mordekaiser, is that the more people you attack the better he does.

He sorta sucks 2v1, but if you take on 4v1, while spamming spells you can take out multiple before you go down, since his shield will regen quite well at higher levels with each cast. Faster hes able to cast the more ridiculous he becomes. If i knew how to make a replay id show you ridiculous games where my friend goes against 5 enemy team members kills 4 of them then chases down the last 1 with <5% health but a full shield and they all run away. lol

plus hes a jungler + creep wave owner.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:59:51 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 24, 2011, 08:06:11 pm »

I just gave Xin Zhao a ride on TT, and he works pretty well, I build him tanky DPS, with sunfires being my first item after boots unless the enemy in heavy on magic damage, then I go for banshee's veil. Going tanky early on gives you quite an edge since xin's attack with Q and his charge are pretty much all you need on early game. He's pretty good at getting first bloods, got first blood on the two games I did, both were victories, I even beat a cocky hurrgot :P

I was going to a third game today, but a Nasus on our team said he was going AP.
Uhhhh.
Then I jumped queue.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 24, 2011, 10:28:54 pm »

I'm seeing Mordekaisers everywhere again these days. It's a bit annoying having to deal with him.

I've also given up caring about winning. Most of the times I see it's really out of my reach to obtain. I can play as best as I can but there's so many variables that I simply cannot control. I cannot change the fact that there will be leavers, feeders, etc. There will be random disconnects, people raging about nonsensical things, stuck in teams where everyone only speaks Polish, people making endless stupid mistakes and blaming others for it. I can go 10 kills up, but because of the nature of the game... those mean nothing if the team as a whole is subjected to more bad luck compared to the enemy team.

So I've settled for just playing random characters and doing whatever I want. Still play as best as I want without stressing out over it, but don't give a rats ass about the outcome any more. For all intents and purposes. Worrying about winning and losing in this game, unless you have an incredible team by your side, is basically like worrying over the outcome of a dice roll.

Edit: How to tell someone sucks at LoL:

"GG OP char morde"

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2062 on: April 25, 2011, 04:08:16 am »

I never play LoL to "win" in it.
I play it whenever I feel like I want to play LoL, and the most fun games in it are not the ones where I carry 31/1/13 because enemy was full of feeders: The best games are the ones which are balanced.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 25, 2011, 04:48:47 am »

just bought Mundo.....

on my 6th consecutive loss with him.

fuck mundo.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 25, 2011, 06:48:46 am »

I recently bought mundo too, yeah he is squishier then you think early game. What I do now is last hit with clevers and play it safe until I get spirit visage, then farm a little with his AoE and run with my ulti if ganked, then continue to push lanes and farm until I get warmogs and FoN or 2 warmogs. Only then can you tank like a beast.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 25, 2011, 07:59:47 am »

Well here's an example of Mundo carrying his team with nothing but tank items.  I had the only positive score on my team the entire game, which lasted 53 min.  My teammates were

Gangplank - Refused to buy any survivability against a team with lots of gank ability.  Didn't even buy lifesteal until the very end.  Couldn't afford to get close enough to make use of his massive damage most of the time.  Would usually get splattered when he tried.
LeBlanc - Didn't pay much attention to them.  They just weren't very effectual most of the time.  Their presence wasn't meaningful in general.
Taric - Suicidal.  Did alright except for when he randomly begged the enemy to kill him.  I wonder if he was having problems, because he would seriously play just fine and then... run without explanation or warning headfirst into the entire enemy team and die.
Mordekaiser - Complained constantly that we weren't aggressive enough against the fed team and kept dying because we weren't with him on his unannounced suicide charges.  At least one death of mine was because I agreed to be more aggressive for him.

Was on vent with everyone but our one pub, Taric.

We won because the enemy was fed but unorganized and very greedy.  They would kill 3 of us and sacrifice their potential push just to get the last couple.  Fortify + Teleport + Mundo's epic innate stalling abilities helped as well.  We held on, despite many proclamations (even by myself) that it was over.  We also got really lucky with Gangplank getting the jump on Ash a couple times and two-shotting her in the middle of an otherwise lost team fight.  Towards the end of the game, I was able to mostly ignore everyone but her and target her in team fights.  Two warmogs + thornmail = she almost can't kill me without killing herself.  I only need to hit her a couple times.  I made sure to encourage the enemy to target me whenever I can afford to.  Jax was really good with his ignite, and made this impossible sometimes.

Most games aren't this interesting because I'm with higher level players.  If I'd done this well with people I normally play with, it would have been over a lot sooner and not worth posting.  Or I would have not done as well and got shut down by equally high level opponents.  This is why it's taken so long for me to post a Mundo game, despite bragging about it so much.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:43 am »

I havent watched it all the way through yet, but in a teamfight Gangplanks ghost hit you, and reduced your healing. I didnt know that could happen.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2067 on: April 25, 2011, 09:19:16 am »

I havent watched it all the way through yet, but in a teamfight Gangplanks ghost hit you, and reduced your healing. I didnt know that could happen.

Mordekaiser's slaves deal all on-hit effects they normally would.

A ghosted yi with 100% crit and Frozen mallet will slow you down and will crit you to death.
Same for Twitch and Teemo, both apply their poisons on you. And ghost-Olaf will get increased attack speed if it gets low hp.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 25, 2011, 10:13:52 am »

Just had 2 games.

One where my team fed(including me)
One where the enemy team fed

It was quite interesting to hear the external bickering my team had, be made by the enemy team.

And I should totally take up midding as Zilean more. Kicks many a kind of ass against the squishies that live there.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 25, 2011, 10:21:49 am »

A ghost anivia is fun. When the ghost dies it gets a ghost egg.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 165