Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165094 times)

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2010, 07:18:05 am »

Always build Banshee Veil on Nunu and look for Morgana friend. Morgana + Nunu = won team fight. As for Master Yi he was my first champ. Some people like to build him AP but I always preferred simple autoattack on him, got quadra kill once. Anyway welcome to Bay12 LoL Club or something, I'll add you to list right now.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2010, 12:41:43 pm »

Sorry for the necro but I recently got introduced to this game and find it very fun to play with friends.

My summoner name is War God Anya
I play on the North American server
My summoner level is 17

I mainly play Ryze. He is the second character I tried more than once and have decided I like him, I like him a lot :3 Nothing is more fun than a Ryze with boots of mobility and an enemy team that doesn't use vision wards. I can almost always end up between an enemy champion at half or less health and their salvation; then it is just a simple application of the keys "r>w>e>q" then I run away with another kill on my score.

Last night I received my first unintentional triple kill. We were pushing into the enemy pretty well, they had a chance to withstand us and push back our minions but it wasn't likely. So as you can imagine it was a pretty hectic team fight. I glanced at my cooldowns and noticed my ult was ready, I didn't really think anyone was low enough health for me to kill unless I focused on them (and focusing on anything but myself in these cluster fucks ends up with me losing track of where i am which gets me killed most of the time). So I hit my ult and tossed my spells at random champions and decided to back off and let my cooldowns recharge, meanwhile three enemy health bars disappear from the crowd of yellow numbers (Ryze's ult is fun to farm with).

"Wait what happened?" *looks at chat screen* "The hell? I got a Triple kill with that? Sweet!"

I also play Soraka (was the first character I played repeatedly) and she is who i basically learned to play with. I eventually stopped being support focused and tried to be more offensive with my infuse spell, which worked against mediocre players who though soraka cant possibly kill them. Soraka though has no stuns, snares or fears and has no speed buffs or teleports, this makes her very hard to use offensively. Then I discovered Ryze. I still play Soraka, knowing better now that as fun as ganky, scary casters can be, Soraka is better suited to be "that fucking bitch that makes her team impossible to stop". Heals, armor buffs, magic resist debuffs, silences, mana restores and powerful group healing? We haven't even touched on all the aura items I go for! Innervating locket, shield of the agies, starks fervor, frozen heart, abyssal scepter, soul shroud, etc. With Soraka you don't need to be personally awesome, you make everyone around you awesome.

Just last night someone picked Ryze on my team, I coulda gone with Soraka but I decided to try Fiddlesticks. Same concept right? "be where your enemy really does not want you to be". Well the enemy had a powerful twist of fate who targeted me all game, didn't matter if i had friends around or not. by the end of the game when everyone was lvl 18, i was still lvl 14 >.< I think he got me every time his ult cooled down, it's probably why they won. I will be sure to try fiddlesticks again soon.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2010, 01:26:20 pm »

Try Annie. She's like Ryze but without the range handicap.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »

I am not liking the recent changes to the game. They hit 2 champions (Heimer and Shaco) with nerf bombs when they didn't need them. Now they suck. Riot's excuses were garbage and it is pretty obvious they did it just to shut up the dozens of people who made a post every day about how they are over-powered while posting situations and stats that were impossible.

I main Shaco and twitch, 2 targets to QQing (when people complain about a champion without a good argument) due to them being stealth champions.

Name is micro102

Annie and Ryze need to die  >:(

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2010, 01:42:10 pm »

Hiemer needed a nerf so bad. No matter what, he could have mid tower down in 10 mins. His turrets do so much damage it is insane. If a melee tries to attack them he can blind them, missile them, wait for his turret to almost die, hit is ulti and blind again. I don't think his nerf was too bad.

I am a little surprised at shaco hate though. He is good, but not that good. I think what people hate most is that they don't see him coming.

I haven't played in a while... got distracted by Recettear, LOTRO and Jagged Alliace 2 1.13

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2010, 03:53:01 pm »

Yes Heimer needed nerf but imho they nerfed him too much. As for Shaco I don't remember details but he wasn't nerfed THAT much. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh and look at it from different perspective, before nerf shaco was autobanned (justified or not) on most ranked games, now you actually can play him.

@cganya Adding you to list. Pro tip against pesky TF's (so happens II play him lately), Banshee blocks Destiny, he can't see you after activating ult.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »

Ok I will correct you. All 4 of his abilities and his passive effect were all nerfed. Lost a 30% blind so any auto attack champion can kill him, decreased the duration of deceive so now you don't have to worry about him backstabbing you by running in and out of the bushes, and made his jack-in-the-boxes break his stealth so now anyone with flash has a free get-away.

Really harsh nerfs

O yeah, and he can no longer escape snares with deceive.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2010, 05:45:30 pm »

Shaco lost a 30% blind? What blind did he have?

As for the JitB breaking stealth, that is pretty stupid. Not sure how I feel about Decieve's decreased duration, he still has a good chance at getting away (if you save it until then) and he shouldn't have any problem popping up behind annie or some squishy if you open with it. It shouldn't be a get out of jail free card (which it basically is), it should be, here is a shot at getting away OR getting to the DPS of their team un noticed.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:16 pm »

Deceives cooldown was increased by like, 3 seconds. It's 12 second now, 15.5 if you count the stealth time.

And his blind was on his shiv. They removed the blind for champions and made the blind for jungling scale, making it worse.

And I have tried taking annie/Ryze by surprise. It's impossible even before the nerfs. If they see you, you die. That's just what annie and Ryze do.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:41:37 pm by Micro102 »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »

Kassadinnnnnn
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2010, 08:14:08 am »

I will have to keep the banshee's veil in mind against my next fight with TF. Also I think shaco is just fine the way he is against ryze at least. Never gone up against a shaco I could one shot before he went invisible and sprouted a clone. I have a friend who plays shaco and he can still get out of the most impossible situations with shaco.

The thing about going up against ryze is never do it with less than 100% health. Ryze is great for taking someone with 75% or less health down in 2 seconds flat but past that he has to wait about 4 seconds to finish you off; in that time you should have already turned and ran or killed him. Ryze gets a kill in this situation if you don't make up your mind quickly enough. Also, ryze is easily countered by hitpoints because he is very dependent on the "burst" part of burst damage so champions like urgot, vlad and basically any tank are safe from being one shotted by most ryze's.

ryzes that go the way of alternate builds or are fed into supreme domination mode are different stories. I like building ryze as a cooldown tank with 45% cooldown reduction and around 4000 hit points. I can sit there in a team fight and dole out punishment constantly as long as my mana doesn't run out.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:45 am »

Just building hp isn't good way to be durable. You need armor and magic resistance even more. It's all about good balance between those, since if you stack resistances too much, void staff or last whisper will ruin your day. Leaguecraft has very nice builder, you can check out different builds and see what gives you better effective hp.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2010, 11:14:22 am »

oh i'll agree that a tank without much/any armor or magic resistance is sad and easily counterable. Its just with ryze, most people expect a very squishy and easy target to take down. Ryze still takes a lot of damage from focused fire but takes a bit longer to take down than expected when you throw on a warmonger and another select item or two (frozen heart, banshee's veil, force of nature). This of course doesent work against well fed carries or high dps characters. What it does work against is most other casters/ nukers that rely on taking an enemy out before they can retaliate and support characters.

As soon as the enemy team realizes the twisted and moronic thing you have done with your character, they will switch to counter it. This is when you make use of the sell button and go for AP because the enemy should have/ probably already switched to life steal and attack speed and now you need to do at least 90% of their health in seconds or be unable to scare/ kill them away.

as it was said earlier in this thread, its better to be flexible than to have one set build.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2010, 12:21:16 pm »

If you want HP and AP why there is no Rod of Ages on your list? It's really great item.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:36 pm »

i find that rod of ages is a great item but dpends on how things are going. because i try to get boots and tear of the goddess as fast as possible, i usually dont even start for rod of the ages untill about the 20th minute. the rod is fairly expensive and takes me awhile to get it while meja's soulstealer costs much less and also takes time to power up. I typically pick rod of ages over meja's if i'm doing baddly but then meja's over rod of ages if i'm doing well.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 165