Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165615 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1680 on: April 11, 2011, 02:48:07 pm »

Played a Singed/Blitzcrank combo for two games in a row once.  It was beastly.  We cleaned our lane effortlessly both times.  We didn't even need to put the enemy under the tower.  Our abilities gave us enough combined damage that we could just kill anyone at will from the very beginning of the game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 11, 2011, 02:54:02 pm »

Blitzcrank by himself is beastly. A solo laning Blitz can instakill a duo laning squishy. And it just gets worse from the first kill. And good luck denying him without getting pulled into a tower.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 11, 2011, 03:13:19 pm »

Blitzcrack is way overrated...

Sure he can pull some nice combos if you're not careful, but there are ways to counter him, for example wit's end, staying behind your minions and shooting him if he comes in range, warding your bushes if he tries to hide in there all the time, magic resist, etc...

As long as you know what he's capable of, it's not too hard to play against him. But, ok trying to kill him with multiple low-hp melee champions is a BAD idea :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 11, 2011, 03:19:34 pm »

Blitzcrack is way overrated...

Sure he can pull some nice combos if you're not careful, but there are ways to counter him, for example wit's end, staying behind your minions and shooting him if he comes in range, warding your bushes if he tries to hide in there all the time, magic resist, etc...

As long as you know what he's capable of, it's not too hard to play against him. But, ok trying to kill him with multiple low-hp melee champions is a BAD idea :P

These are all mid-late game counters, and hiding behind minions can only do so much if the person is good at skill shots.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 11, 2011, 03:28:29 pm »

AIR POWAR!!!!

Corki is so much damn fun i can't stop giggling like a schoolgirl with a bazooka.I'm seriusly considering getting him instead of Vlad/Morde when i get enough IP, but i will wait for the champ rotation first and see what it brings :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: April 11, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »

If you want to deny Blitz you best be having a Gangplank in your lane or it's not happening. XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 11, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »

Best option for mid-lategame blitzcrank-initiation countering is banshee's, hands down. But then again thats the best counter for most initiations :P

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »

There are two main problems with pushing that hard. First of all it makes you much much easier to gank. Secondly, it lets your enemies get minion kills and and experience.

It is much much better to only have half your wave survive to their tower. You may not rock the tower as quickly, but you have a bigger shot at winning the match.

Normally I would agree, but this policy means Sion gets a 15-ish minute Rod of Ages (even sooner with kills) along with around half a Ruby Crystal in HP for free even if he bears the majority of the ward cost. Singed doesn't have much trouble farming later and even a handful of kills gets him all the gold he needs to get his gear by 20-25.

As for them getting minions kills and experience? Not really.

They have to choose one.

They can maybe tag the melee minions, but they often take just enough boom before the enemy wave explodes that it's nearly impossible to save that CS from the tower - they go into the awkward zone where they have JUST under 2 tower shots of HP so you have to deliver a full tower shot of damage from your champions or lose it. This is time spent not harassing Sion/Singed.

The ranged minions can't be taken by a melee champion, hands down. If they do, Sion will stun to give Singed a fling or Singed will be ready to fling right after the tower fires so he doesn't take its shot. They WILL take half a lifebar, guaranteed, if they try to eat a caster minion. They can MAYBE pick off the Siege minions if they're not melee. Ranged champions have to figure out which minion the tower will shoot and hit it once before it gets shot and once after. If the tower has already targeted it, it's too late.

So yeah, I normally don't support pushing like mad if they have a good jungler but this is one of the few exceptions. You just have to make sure you don't start doing it until Sion and Singed are Level 3 (enough to lay down SERIOUS hurt if the enemy tries to engage against Enrage/Stun/Shield, Level 2 Poison, and Fling) and you have a ward ready for the 4-minute mark.

Sion gets the same amount of gold from last hitting with melee as he does from shield boom. The difference is you give their minions a chance to kill two or three of your minions which, if you have them pushed out of range of the bushes, means zero experience for them. You may get slightly less gold, but they get WAY less gold.

Also, it gives you far far better mana control.

Also, if they do decide to come out, it isn’t half a life bar that they lose, it is a full life bar as they are out of range of their tower.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 11, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »

Just had an insanely awesome game as mid Cho, i laned against annie who was simply terrible so i had easy kills.And by far the most awesome moment was when i went to help bottom lane which was getting pushed hard by Nidalee and Ashe with a wounded Teemo sitting in the bush.I charge in, bounce Ashe, teemo punces on Nid, she runs into the tower and dies, i eat Ashe and she dies, we push, their first tower was down so we get to the second one fast, at this moment their Shen, Yi and now revived Ashe and Nidalee are all running towards the tower, with our Corki coming to our aid, Yi is blown up under their tower but he takes our Corki with them, Teemo is down to some 200 hp and i'm around half, getting constantly shot in the ass by Ashe and Nidalee as i try to run away, now they are all somewhat weak from my ruptures and screams, so by the time we arrive at the bushes i'm down to some 300 hp, teemo is safe at the tower, i do one last rupture beneath my feet, turn around and eat Ashe again, this scares the other two and i'm free to go back to my tower :)
They surrendered at 20 minutes and i ended up with a 11/1/something score :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:38 pm »

Sion gets the same amount of gold from last hitting with melee as he does from shield boom. The difference is you give their minions a chance to kill two or three of your minions which, if you have them pushed out of range of the bushes, means zero experience for them. You may get slightly less gold, but they get WAY less gold.

Also, it gives you far far better mana control.

Also, if they do decide to come out, it isn’t half a life bar that they lose, it is a full life bar as they are out of range of their tower.

Not every champion can be pushed out of bush range. If you DO push them out of bush range, your last-hitting will (unless you are PERFECTLY capable of only last-hitting minions right before they take the last volley of hits needed to kill them from your caster minions) push the lane back to their tower.

Getting every minion in the wave on Sion is the point of that. I'm not sure where you got the idea that different ways of killing things gives you different amounts of gold, 'cause the gold value is based on what you kill, not how you kill it.

Re Mana Control: No, one spell per wave and one puff of Singed poison per wave means Sion is generally at or almost at full all the time and Singed is always at full. Also, you get HP control - Sion doesn't have to autoattack so he doesn't take the HP loss from Enrage's effect.

And no offense, but you must be at a really low Elo (or not even level 30) if you can kill someone off a single combo at level 3 and their lane partner doesn't do anything (or have CC) to help them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:51:33 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 11, 2011, 08:38:21 pm »

I don't like how they're changing renekton just as I fixed me internets and started playing him again :C

Eh, as long as he stays decent and fun, I'll keep playing him. Altough I love his tanky DPS self, he's alot more fun then xin, irelia or jarvan togheder. If they make him less tanky, his ultimate will be useless, and then his overall usefulness will drop to zero since all his abilities involve going toe to toe with people, and he's not really the autoattacker type.

There goes another fun champion turned into something lame. Can't have fun champions that are good, can we?
Unless he gets some serious reduction on his cooldowns, which won't happen. Doesn't matter if his abilities have nice scaling, since they have stupid long cooldowns, thus the need for being tanky. Xin Zhao and Jarv could use something like that, not Ren, his abilities just don't allow him to play as anything else. 80% chance next patch makes him either a DPS who can't really do anything because he just dies, or a tank who can barely stun and not do much else.

Wow, nerfed cull of the meek, jerks.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=649670

LOL KATARINA AND MF NERF.
LOL INFINITY EDGE BUFF.

Also, randuin's sucks now, big time.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:07:36 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 11, 2011, 09:15:10 pm »

Sion

* Cryptic Gaze stun duration reduced to 1.5 from 2 at all levels

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Soraka

* Infuse now grants assist credit on ally cast.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Xin Zhao got a tiny nerf. Derp. I don't think I'll even notice it.

And yes, Randuin's Omen has been reduced to a pile of crap.

Lee Sin got nerfed too. I dunno why. Actually got nerfed more than Nocturne.

Singed got a ridiculous, unneeded super buff. I mean, Singed with FOURTY PERCENT CC reduction?!!!! WHY?! It'll be hell on earth! It's basically giving an already unchasable guy Mundo powers. Singed + merc treads = 70% CC reduction. That's freaking crazy. He could backdoor forever and no one would be able to catch him.

I'm also pretty sure all the physical DPSers got majorly buffed. Like seriously. I mean, goddamn BF sword is 200 gold cheaper. I cannot tell you the number of times I've bluepilled with about 1600 gold and decided not to continue saving for BF Sword just because of that. Now that it's so cheap I actually have no reason NOT to rush a BF Sword item as a melee DPS. Since Irelia is untouched well... muhahahaha...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 11, 2011, 09:28:21 pm »

I'm just going to play twitch again and build an early IE and watch people cry about it. I like how they say they're going to nerf nocturne, then give IE a big buff.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:59 pm »

Whoa this patch should make my job as Tristana even easier than before.

Explosive shot actually got buffed, the fact that the duration is reduced and the damage slightly buffed makes it more bursty, and the strategy of only taking one level of it until there's nothing more to put points on is even more viable now. As you may have noticed all the hemorragy effects have been nerfed, so i guess it'll benefit Mundo and healers though. But since i rely heavily on lifesteal and an occasionnal heal (summoner spell), it's all good for me.

The wriggle change should be ok, it only slightly hurts the early laning/jungling, and the increased lifesteal makes for a stronger mid-late game.

Decreased BF sword cost and IE buff is a godsend, since i usually buy up to 3 BF swords per game. And many of the threats i face have been slightly nerfed =)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:07:53 pm by Sirian »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:54 pm »

I'll just carry harder and earlier as twitch now, which will let me reach endgame potential even faster. I think I'll just skip brutalizer and head straight for a bfsword now.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 165