Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165651 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1620 on: April 09, 2011, 08:18:41 am »

I can't imagine terribly many situations where an AP Rat would be easier to kill than a DPS rat.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 09, 2011, 09:36:02 am »

Huh, haven't gotten a full itemset with Ashe in a long time, especially one that contained a Phantom Dancer.
That sure was a fun game.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 09, 2011, 11:02:57 am »

I can't imagine terribly many situations where an AP Rat would be easier to kill than a DPS rat.

To use expungue you need to put stacks on people first.
To put stacks on people you need to autoattack them.
Your autoattack as AP twitch sucks.
AP twitch has actualy less survivablity then AD Twitch. AD can at least kill people faster then can kill him and use lifesteal to keep himself alive.
Expungue is the only true use for AP you have.
Expungue has a defined range and stacks only last about 6 seconds.

Maybe its not as terrible if you get like, malady as your first full item, since it'll give some attack speed to put stacks on people, MR debuff and AP, but yea, no way AP twitch would last more then AD, he's already a bad champ, playing an alternative build on him is asking to be gibbed into a bajillion skaven pieces.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 09, 2011, 11:50:03 am »

does magic damage-lifesteal work on his expunge?  If so that would atleast keep you at pretty high health as long as you can keep getting expunge off.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 09, 2011, 11:56:55 am »

It works, but honestly, its not nearly enough to make any difference. Why stack 500 AP to do less then 650 per stack every 6 seconds AFTER you've put stacks into people (resistances matter alot here since you're trying to do tons of damage in a single burst, so resistances will bring the damage down pretty bad), when you can do more damage, faster, with much better lifesteal output and farming ability with AD?
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 09, 2011, 01:38:08 pm »

hit and run?

sadly that makes a terrible endgame, and therefore isn't viable.

As far as I can see

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 09, 2011, 01:43:53 pm »

hit and run?

sadly that makes a terrible endgame, and therefore isn't viable.

As far as I can see

Depends on the team comp.  If the enemy team doesn't have enough cc and/or heal, whittling them down or picking them off with short skirmishes works just fine late game.

Edit:

Sigh... getting tired of the "Mundo isn't a tank" arguments.  I think I need to record some videos of Mundo running in, soaking every ultimate and cc the enemy team can throw at him to prevent the death of their squishies, stepping back to heal as teammates sweep through in relative safety, and then running back into the fight 3 or 4 seconds later with full health to mop up any remainder and push a lane 2-3 towers in.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:59:36 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: April 09, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »

The argument of mundo not being a tank is valid not in the sense he can't soak up tons of damage, which he can, its because he has no real CC to actualy protect the squishies, no stuns, knock-ups, only a short damaging slow. Mundo can't tank if the enemy team is smart enough to not focus him first.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 09, 2011, 03:52:23 pm »

He may not have CC, but he pretty much forces the enemy to attack him as he runs and kills their carry with his ridiculous damage output.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: April 09, 2011, 03:57:09 pm »

He may not have CC, but he pretty much forces the enemy to attack him as he runs and kills their carry with his ridiculous damage output.

Yup.  He does enough damage that he can't be ignored, and he's tanky enough that he can run straight through the enemy's front lines to drive away their carries.  He has no hard cc, but his cleaver is a good slow that's available every couple seconds, and can easily cover chases or escapes involving a couple enemy champions, which is as much as any champion's cc can account for, really.  I personally find cleaver more useful than an Amumu (the classic pure tank initiator), who blows one massive cc, but if that one move doesn't win the fight for your team, you're kind of screwed.

Edit:  Plus, if you place yourself between the enemy team and your teammates, the enemy is naturally going to drop some damage on you, for lack of other targets.  That's just a given, no matter who you are.  The trick is to know how aggressive you can get away with behaving, in order to convince them to drop their heavy stuff on you.  If they think they can completely ignore you, you can just run in and start dropping a tower or chasing their carry.  At this point they WILL blow their loads on you.  Mundo is a tank, because he can get away with doing this, thus clearing the way for teammates to safely engage the enemy.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:08:58 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 09, 2011, 04:30:56 pm »

Mundo can absorb burst damage sure, no good fiddle should have any problem.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 09, 2011, 04:39:47 pm »

Mundo can absorb burst damage sure, no good fiddle should have any problem.

Warmogs, Spirit Visage, Mercury's Treads, and Force of Nature.

You better have some plan for getting the hell out after all your stuff wears off.  Plus, if you don't fear me immediately when you appear, I will cleaver you and all my teammates will get out of range pretty fast.

There are three things I'm afraid of as Mundo.

1.  Ignite.  Katarina/Gangplank/Miss Fortune/Tristana's free ignites can be a huge problem if they're smart.  Mundo's only true weakness, and only if it's well-timed.  I love it when people drop ignite on me right at the beginning of a team fight, and I'm like "Alright... I won't need to hit R for another 15 seconds anyway."
2.  Early game only:  High burst damage
3.  Late game only:  A high damage/lifesteal dps, and only if they can catch me alone and far from a tower with a lot of cc.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 09, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »

Alright, what can you tell me about this picture?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 09, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »

Alright, what can you tell me about this picture?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ashebot is superior to Ryzebot?

THIS CANNOT BE

Also you are not the only person to have played Super Robot Taisen Original Generation. Durr hurr.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 09, 2011, 04:56:39 pm »

That pic shows me that the 2 teams were greedy and one team got an advantage.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 165