Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165686 times)

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1575 on: April 08, 2011, 09:23:46 am »

I decided that I want to play Warwick.
I also decided I wanted to go mid.
I even decided that I wanna go as a tank.

Result.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got first blood, most kills in my team and shared the least amount of deaths (Ali, Cho and me), soaked up most damage, healed the most, and I got "what the fuck is he building"-award of the match.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but solo-lanewick (built as either tank, or BR+tank) is completely legit and becoming (fotm) common.  Guardsman Bob (a high ELO streamer) has been doing it for months with outstanding results.  WW is arguably one of the easiest characters to dominate a lane with, considering his play boils down to "cast Q when off cool down".  There are only a few champions that he can not 100% deny at level 3.  Upon hitting 6, he is assured a kill every ~60 seconds because of his ultimate and his skills scale so efficiently (Q + W) that he has literally no need for damage items.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:30:17 am by Synzig »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1576 on: April 08, 2011, 09:27:34 am »

I decided that I want to play Warwick.
I also decided I wanted to go mid.
I even decided that I wanna go as a tank.

Result.

I got first blood, most kills in my team and shared the least amount of deaths (Ali, Cho and me), soaked up most damage, healed the most, and I got "what the fuck is he building"-award of the match.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but solo-lanewick (built as either tank, or BR+tank) is completely legit and becoming (fotm) common.  Guardsman Bob (a high ELO streamer) has been doing it for months with outstanding results.  WW is arguably one of the easiest characters to dominate a lane with, considering his play boils down to "cast Q when off cool down".  There are only a few champions that he can not 100% deny at level 3.  Upon hitting 6, he is assured a kill every ~60 seconds because of his ultimate and his skills scale so efficiently (Q + W) that he is literally no need for damage items.
I do know that lanewick and getting Q up and all that, Sorcerer's boots and Spirit visage aren't rare, but I still haven't seen a single tankwick.
Oh well, this still was one of my funniest games in a while.

EDIT: Also, Cho rushed Warmogs as his first tank item, followed by the Giant's Belt. WW and Teemo were both building madred's bloodrazors and yet he stacked hp.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:33:37 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 08, 2011, 09:32:25 am »

...Graphics update? EXPLAIN PL0X.

IIRC better shader support, some champions (like Cho) will get nicer models and metal stuff is generally going to look better, i think i read that on some page or whatnot that also had screenshots of the new map which looks awesome btw.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 08, 2011, 10:51:28 am »

I'm having a tough time deciding: Mundo or Nasus?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 08, 2011, 11:22:45 am »

Cho rushed Warmogs as his first tank item, followed by the Giant's Belt. WW and Teemo were both building madred's bloodrazors and yet he stacked hp.

Honestly, all it would take from there would be finishing the Giant's Belt into a Rylai's and building a Force of Nature to achieve Maximum Obnoxious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 08, 2011, 11:41:00 am »

Mundo. He's more straightfoward and easy to play then Nasus, altough nasus isn't bad either. The problem with nasus is that he's a weird tanky DPS thing that needs to farm alot, altough his team usefulness is about the same. He has a baws slow ability that is one of the best in the game since it slows both movement and attack speed and is actualy pretty long. His ultimate and renekton's are almost the same. The disvantage is that you need to last hit aloooot to charge up his Q and that he needs alot of mana to use his abilities well. Its a perfect spell to use with sheen/trinity force though, and it can crit too. I remember hitting as high as 850 with it a few times with a trin force powered crit. Trin force is the only attack item you usualy take though, not a big fan of DPS nasus.

He also has the sexiest voice ever.

But yea, people will cry less if you pick mundo.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:43:51 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1581 on: April 08, 2011, 12:39:41 pm »

Mundo. He's more straightfoward and easy to play then Nasus, altough nasus isn't bad either. The problem with nasus is that he's a weird tanky DPS thing that needs to farm alot, altough his team usefulness is about the same. He has a baws slow ability that is one of the best in the game since it slows both movement and attack speed and is actualy pretty long. His ultimate and renekton's are almost the same. The disvantage is that you need to last hit aloooot to charge up his Q and that he needs alot of mana to use his abilities well. Its a perfect spell to use with sheen/trinity force though, and it can crit too. I remember hitting as high as 850 with it a few times with a trin force powered crit. Trin force is the only attack item you usualy take though, not a big fan of DPS nasus.

He also has the sexiest voice ever.

But yea, people will cry less if you pick mundo.

My thoughts on this:
I don't know how much Nasus can act as a DPS, but I doubt as well as Mundo. Mundo is actually a tanky DPS rather than a real tank: Q allows easy chasing, W allows him to deal continuous dmg when he is bashing his enemies and also reduces amount of slows/stuns etc. E is basically Dr. Critdo's best thing ever, without any items that give AD it is possible to get +150 dmg from this. R makes chasing easier and heals him of course.

DPS Nasus needs farming for his Q as all Nasuses do. DPS Nasus just needs more. His slow is godlike for the purpose of a DPS as it is very long duration and very powerful as well. His AoE farming ability reduces armor so it can be used to make killing enemies much easier. His ulti also gives him AD when enemies are nearby.

Those are my thoughts on building them DPS. For tanks, Mundo can survive well, but he lacks what a tank really needs to do in the team. Focusing on him is highly discouraged since he pacs no CC besides Q's slow, and he heals himself to full hp anyways so why to bother attacking him.
Nasus has his slow to allow chasing/escaping, which can get your team kill/save an ally. It reduces attack speed so works well against physical dmg carries. E reduces the armor of all enemies in it, so works well if your team has physical dmg.

So whichever you pick depends on how you wanna play them. AS Dakk said, Mundawg is more straightforward and "acceptable", but in my opinion Nasus is more useful for the good of the team instead of just himself.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:10 pm »

Personally I am happier when I get a Nasus on my team over a Mundo. Mundos always seem to go straight up tank, so people just ignore them. and a good Nasus can get a ton of damage on his q. I once saw a tank Nasus take 2/3 of an Ashes health with one shot.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 08, 2011, 01:09:54 pm »

I prefer Nasus to Mundo too. Wither is by far the best slow in the game (not to mention it's not a skillshot). Since they buffed his Q, you don't need to farm more than anyone else really. It also gives you an excuse to farm more if you so choose.

Wriggle nerf notes: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=631095
* Combine cost increased from 75g to 150g. Pretty basic. This thing has an insanely cheap premium. 150 is still peanuts.

* Proc is magic damage. This means the +500 damage proc will not give % lifesteal. We felt this was too powerful a stat to be on a random proc, and once you have this, you're basically never vulnerable in jungle and can easily fill up between skirmishes. It's too much and we don't want to decimate base Razor to fix this. EDIT: This will not proc spell vamp!

* Lifesteal % increased from 14% to 18%. This is to give it a little over-time healing back to Wriggle's, which we're fine with. This won't quite even out, but it's still a phenomenal jungling item.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 08, 2011, 01:40:14 pm »

I do wonder why Nasus is so unpopular. He works differently then most champs but is otherwise pretty easy to play as. Give him exhaust and he's a massive AD disabler, plus the armor debuff plus increased survivability and damage over time from ultimate, plus Q hits pretty hard and has a pretty small cooldown, specialy if you take cooldown reduction. Apart from the fact he's pretty mana hungry (enough for me to be tempted to get him a manamune, I know, I know), he's great on lane and on teamfights aswell.
Another nice detail about him is that Q works on turrets (!), meaning he's a beastly pusher.
He's sorta weak on twisted treeline though, since you don't really get to farm alot there.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:46:05 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 08, 2011, 01:50:25 pm »

I wasnt aware alots were added as creeps so you could farm em. Havent played much Twisted Treeline though.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 08, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

Who is to say they don't look like
this under the minion robes.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:40 pm »

I do believe that that thought might cut down my creep kills by a lot.

How do you last hit something that looks like that?!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 08, 2011, 02:25:24 pm »

Imagine how LoL must feel from a minion perspective. You and your kin are sent to battle massive heroes who are much more powerful then you are, slaughter you by the dozens and the champions that are on your side barely care for you, leaving you to be blasted by a tower after a while. You fate involves being impaled, eaten, crushed, slashed, exploded, gibbed, melted, burned, frozen, shocked, nuked, and ripped apart by beings so powerful you have zero chance of beating them even when heavily outnumbering them.

The world of a minion is grimdark, indeed.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 08, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »

And if they do manage to kill anyone?
They die because the champs were tanking damage for the enemy creeps.

At least LoL doesnt have denying...*shudder*

Im still wondering why they havent made a minion champion who is completely pissed off, would be awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 165