Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165735 times)

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1515 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:07 am »

Folks, I'd like to distract you for a moment to invite you all to join Tactical Gaming - an international gaming community which will be celebrating it's 7th birthday this November.

Tactical Gaming was envisioned to be the place for like-minded gamers, and I can tell you for sure - after two years in service here I know I've been staying here for the great people that were a part of the community as well.

Right now we support a plethora of warfare-based games, including Gears of War, Call of Duty, Halo, Battlefield, M.A.G., Starcraft, Medal of Honor, Killzone, Assassin's Creed, World of Warcraft, Homefront, Breach, Crysis and SOCOM franchises, and, of course, League of Legends. In case you are interested in sports or racing games, we also play NHL, Forza, Madden NFL and Need for Speed as part of our Tactical Sports division.

What would we expect from a potential recruit ? First of all, maturity and dedication - while we have members of all ages, we do have certain standards which should be followed. We also hold two mandatory practices each week, so if you don't have time for those, then, I'm afraid, we won't be able to work together. Each practice is conducted using TeamSpeak ( or, in case with consoles - built in-game voice chats ), so working microphone is a must.

What can we offer you ? Variety of squad types - doesn't matter if you are a casual player or an competitive one - you will be matched with players that have similar preferences. Since we constantly open new squads ( right now, the League of Legends division is at 80+ members ), we are interested in members who would be interested in leader duties, such as Squad Leaders and Squad Assistants, with future promotions as well.

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

Our Headquarters: http://www.TacticalGaming.net

A couple more reasons why you should consider joining TG: http://tghq.org/tghq/jointg.php

And a direct registration link: http://tw.tghq.org/index.php?act=Reg

If you have any questions, feel free to write me a private message, so that we don't derail this topic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 05, 2011, 06:59:00 am »

So EU version started working, the lag is unbearable, while the US had around 200 this one regularly goes over 800 for no apparent reason.Also i forgot how bad early games are, especially if you are not the only lvl 30 in the game, but playing Noct was fun against unskilled people :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:24 am »

So EU version started working, the lag is unbearable, while the US had around 200 this one regularly goes over 800 for no apparent reason
I assume you dont live in Europe?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:34 am »

I do, now it was normal, around 100 usually
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 05, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »

I think Nocturne has reached the top of the list of "champions you don't want to feed" in my book. Used to be Tryndamere, but Tryndamere doesn't have a long range teleporting nuke to reach your squishies. Nor does Tryndamere do 1000+ damage AOE splash every few seconds. @.@

Also, Urgot is evil. I should probably get him and use him.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 05, 2011, 07:29:42 pm »

My launcher keeps crashing as soon as i log in -.-
AS - IG

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 05, 2011, 07:35:40 pm »

OMG, I HATE IRELIA SO MUCH!  SO SO SO SO SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!  She bled through my health so fast.  I just needed to get that out there.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 05, 2011, 09:21:46 pm »

I think I'm going to start playing either poppy or xin zhao, prob both, but its gonna be a pain. I have a burning grudge against ponytails >:C
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 05, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »

I have a burning grudge against ponytails >:C

Is that a ponytail I see on your avatar?

Also, Poppy has been giving me a lot of trouble this week.  She's a slippery one.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 05, 2011, 09:28:10 pm »

But taric is fabulous, making it absolutely ok. I just hate poppy's double ponytails, and I think xin's default skin is meh. First thing I'll do when I get him is get a custom skin.

One day I'll get that awesome winged hussar skin.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 05, 2011, 09:32:17 pm »

So I have this, and after some hellish trial-by-fire with my much higher-leveled friends, I've discovered a strange love for dickery as Singed, and hilarious knack for devastation and fuckery as Ashe. With both, there comes a point in most games where they just start running when I join a lane. :D

I'm working my way up to Lux so that we can Team DAMACIAAA together, which should be fun.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 05, 2011, 09:33:52 pm »

I've played a few games lately with a guy who has this awesome Blitzcrank skin.  It reminds me of the dystopian robot future drag race in Chrono Trigger.  Makes me happy.  Right up there with Gentleman Cho'Gath and Corporate Mundo, but even better.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:37 pm »

Team Demacia is fearsome. I say this from experience.

Any of the Demacians together in a lane is horrible. Almost guaranteed first blood. Except for Galio.

Xin Zhao + Garen = rape
Garen + Lux = rape
Lux + Xin Zhao = rape
Jarvan + Xin Zhao = inescapable rape
Jarvan + Garen = lolrape
Jarven + Lux = meh
Jarvan + Lux + Garen + Xin Zhao = DEMACIAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Also, screaming DEMACIAAAA out loud does good things for your and your team's morale.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »

I just had a great Gangplank game.  This is the first game where I think I might actually be able to receive constructive criticism because I'm not busy making noob-mistakes/dying terribly to people who have been fed (perhaps by me >.>  <.<)  Give it a look, give me your thoughts on it.  I'm also uploading my fight as Sion against Irelia and team.  It was a sad, sad game, and I'm not exactly proud of it.  Though I was doing pretty good for a section of it.  Maybe you guys will know where I went wrong and can correct me.  Anywho, yep, the first link will be Gangplank, the second will be Sion.

Gangplank carries the team!

Sion is made of FAIL!

Edit:  P.S. I'm new to using RapidShare, let me know if those don't work and I'll see if I can't fix them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:46:00 pm by V-Norrec »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 06, 2011, 03:05:25 am »

Nice replays mate. :P Don't worry too much about losing to Irelia as Sion. Irelia is an anti-tank, anti-melee-dps character. She's meant to kill you. Facing her as Sion, I would recommend you harass her early and keep it up. However, if she manages to attack you after you blow up your shield in her face, I recommend you stop and call for ganks.

If you can pull off the stun + explode combo without taking any damage, you will defeat her. Crush her laning, and she will be useless the whole game.

Unrelated:
Soraka + Cho Gath = immortal

I was laning with a really, really idiotic Ashe as Soraka. She kept trying to commit suicide. I was so frustrated trying to keep her alive as she was so determined to die. Eventually she decided to leave me alone in the lane so she could die to golem, and bottom tower died. Then I went to help out solo top Cho Gath.

Oh man, so different. The enemies didn't know who to focus. Cho Gath was packing heal, so our heals would never ever end. We literally teamfought 2v5 and won. At the end of the game, we spent so much time together that I would use Shurelia's movespeed boost at the same time that Cho Gath would run in for a NOM NOM NOM.

Also, in one of the 2v5s. I accidentally killed the enemy Olaf with a starcall (lol). This gave me red buff. The three remaining enemies had 2 digit hp. So I hit all three with the red-buff infused autoattacks and got a quadrakill. xDDD Quadrakill on Soraka should not happen. :P
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 165