Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165738 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1395 on: March 29, 2011, 02:24:37 pm »

Kassadin is a great Soraka counter too.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 29, 2011, 02:28:50 pm »

For all intents and purposes, anyone with a good heal or good poke ability can't really be 'forced out of a lane'

Champions like Karthus, Lux and Kog'Maw have ridiculous range, and champions like Mundo have insane life regeneration and a decent poke together.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 29, 2011, 02:29:50 pm »

Kassadin counters everything once he hits 6. Especially casters. Altho he fares well against casters even before hitting six.

Before that, tho, get a good ranged carry and keep him under your thumb. Caitlyn is super effective here.

Although my favorite silencing character is Garen. DEMACIAAAA
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 29, 2011, 02:38:19 pm »

I have forced the first 3 you mentioned with cho on mid out of it before. They either stay and get harassed to death or back off.  Never did mundo since mundo never takes mid lane, altough I don't think he'd be bad in, just not entirely good. The only diference with soraka is that she would last a bit more. Eventualy she'd get underfarmed and not be able to keep her mana and health up.

It doesnt even take that much skill, you just need to be able to use Q properly and W if they dare to get that close. Get a catalyst and you own the lane forever.

The only champion in this game that has both a good heal and a good poke is nidalee, none of the ones you mentioned fit the bill. Unless you consider starcall to be good harassment, lol.

NINJA'D: I have never killed kass in lane with cho before, altough I managed to outfarm him, kass was probably the cloest matchup I had, we eventualy won the lane due to proper ganking though. Caitlyn is like ashe but with a longer, narrower range harassment, but gets countered all the same anyway.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »

I recently played mid against a lux who used her ulti on every creep wave, instantly killing it. I don't know if that's really a good strategy, but it certainly delayed me from pushing the tower quite a bit.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 29, 2011, 03:52:54 pm »

The only champion in this game that has both a good heal and a good poke is nidalee, none of the ones you mentioned fit the bill. Unless you consider starcall to be good harassment, lol.

Mundo fits also.  Health regen runes and a regen amulet as first item for 24 hp/5 sec at level one.  I'll often go 15 minutes and take down a couple towers before my first shopping trip, while throwing a cleaver every few seconds the entire time.  If I ever get dropped low, I only need to step back for about 10 seconds before I'm ready to begin harassing again.  The only thing that threatens me is high burst damage, and that's only early on, since I build Warmogs first and then Spirit Visage.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »

Athene is playing LoL right now, and he's sorta bad :S
I mean he isn't terrible, but his item builds make no sense, he can't set a stream properly and he's certainly not on the same tier as top LoL players. His account is Atheneonyoutube apparently, on EU servers.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 29, 2011, 06:07:23 pm »

Athene is playing LoL right now, and he's sorta bad :S
I mean he isn't terrible, but his item builds make no sense, he can't set a stream properly and he's certainly not on the same tier as top LoL players. His account is Atheneonyoutube apparently, on EU servers.

Yeah, lets beat down on the guy who'se just started League of Legends.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 29, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »

He's level thirty. I meant he just started playing LIVE.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 29, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »

Nilocy, you don't understand. He created a youtube video bragging about how awesome he is and that he will go into LoL with no experience whatsoever and become number 1 ranked.

We're free to insult him as much as we want I think.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 29, 2011, 06:26:12 pm »

Oh, i didn't realise he was level 30. Continue the bashing, I know he's a prick but benefit of the doubt etc. etc.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 29, 2011, 07:08:05 pm »

I personnally find TF is a good cho counter, since you can use your ult to get to him whenever he gets low health thus keeping him from usng his ult to become huge... I also find any good kiter can take care o cho easily enough he seriosuly lacks escape abilitie.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 29, 2011, 08:52:53 pm »

Both of those count for every champion. Kiting depends on how aware the enemy player is, but low health, on the other hand, is something you'll rarely find cho with.
As long as cho is farming and has a catalyst, its unlikely he'll be getting below 30% health. If he is then he's either playing wrong or someone is seriously fed. Cho won't outdamage TF, but its unlikely TF will be doing enough damage to bring down a tank cho fast enough to not give cho the chance to simply knock him up and silence him consecutively, then run away.

Also, the superior twitch wins the day:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Altough we had almost the same kdr, the enemy twitch laned against our two worst teamates, namely shaco and rammus, and got fed pretty fast. Blitz was mostly passive and would miss his grab all the time, so me and akali had to pull some awesome ganks to get the upper hand. Akali was awesome on mid and managed to buy me some time to get out the lane and gank people. I ganked the other twitch hard and gave him 4 extra deaths while akali was just insane and jumped in the middle of them, did tons of damage and managed to juke them for long enough for me to get my stealth going again and burst them down togheder.

Note how the enemy twitch crippled his damage with mobility boots and executioner's calling. EC is something you buy against hard healers like mundo, but otherwise isn't that useful, specialy in the early game. With zerk boots, brutalizer and black cleaver I could solo people and outdamage him pretty easily.

And now I need some advice: I have full armor pen marks for twitch, but I'm not sure on seals or glyphs. Cdr glyphs or mana regen ones? Crit chance seals or attack speed ones? I know crit seals seem pointless, and prob are, I just have a thing for criticals.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:07:27 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:06 pm »

I usually go cdr on glyphs and regen on seals
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 29, 2011, 09:15:19 pm »

When I play Cho'gath I notice a lot of people start to get scared of the vorpal spikes as soon I get lvl 4. Melee characters don't want to come near for the feral scream + spikes and ranges are usually quite scared of standing still incase they get ruptured (always fun rupturing Ashe teehee).

But if you can consistantly dodge his ruptures and stop him from getting last hits (like pushing a tower and being a ranged character) then he's effectively useless in a solo lane situation.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 165