Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165717 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1350 on: March 25, 2011, 03:44:08 pm »

I just decided to try singed again today.
Early game was sorta meh, but eventualy I made a comeback and scored a triple kill on midgame. Against Ashe, Annie and Nocturne :o

Since the enemy team had 4 squishy AD carries (ashe, caitlyn, nocturne and yi), I decided to take thornmail after catalyst, and they would only notice that after they chase me into our jungle, chasing me around was a bad idea, poison + thornmail would slowly tear their HP bar apart, then I just turned around with insanity potion and flinged.

I guess its time to play tanks and supports again, need to get my taric going and adjust to singed, and maybe cho'gath, but I don't know after his nerf, I might endeavor myself in the strange thing that is AP cho'gath.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:04:39 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 25, 2011, 03:51:39 pm »

chasing me around was a bad idea, poison + thornmail would slowly tear their HP bar apart

Does Rylai's work with Thornmail?  It is magic damage...  Should make chasing down a tank near impossible.  I started building the combo in a game once because there were a lot of AD carries and I wanted to try it, but the game finished before I could get there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 25, 2011, 03:53:55 pm »

Well, it works on singed since poison leaves a trail behind him which constantly applies rylai's effect whenever possible, plus singed is naturaly a marathon runner + his ultimate.

EDIT: Oh, you meant thornmail? Thats an interesting thought, I have no idea though, need to test it. If by some twist of fate it does, it might work with sunfire aswell.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »

I think it says that it applies the slow on your abilities, not all magic damage.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 25, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »

If by some twist of fate it does, it might work with sunfire aswell.

I've tried Rylai + Sunfire on Mundo a couple times, assuming that it compounded with burning agony.  I don't know if it did or not, but either way no one could escape me once I got close to them.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 25, 2011, 07:45:49 pm »

AD Malph is just awesome, just did one with a friend, he was the Malpgh, i was Tyrind and we had a Nasus who was AFK for the first 15 minutes of the game, i did somewhat badly but my friend was a beast, splashing their entire team in no time, and he used items i reccomended him :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 25, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

First game Maphite went great.
What a fun champion.

Crowning moment of awesome:
Using my ultimate to steal dragon and killing tyrndramere at the same time.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 26, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

Let me share a tale with you guys:

The enemy team had a shaco who was MIA for the first 5 minutes. He didn't have smite but we thought he was jungling anyway. I was solo bot as Shen fighting a solo Master Yi and kicking his ass when Yi started doing this weird dance. He was at 1/4th health, and would stand in between the minions and the river bush at the bottom while running in between. This was about 6 minutes in. It was really bizzare, like a dog trying to get someone to follow it.

At first I was like, o.O?

Then it dawned on me. Shaco must be in those bushes. He must have been sitting in there the whole freaking time putting boxes and that Yi is trying to get me to run in there! Then it was "lol come gank these morons please Trundle (LASD)". LASD ran into some boxes, startled Shaco, and confused Master Yi who, in panic, tried to fight me (I was full health, he was still 1/4th). I killed Master Yi then killed the LEVEL ONE Shaco shortly after who still tried to get me to run into that bush.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 26, 2011, 07:50:32 pm »

>mfw people who hide forever and disregard farming while attempting to do some master gank that never happens.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 26, 2011, 08:00:11 pm »

Oh another good one.

On the Halloween version of Summoner's Rift, left hand side to Urf's grave there is a big statue at the intersection of the jungle. I was a fed Xin Zhao running through there when I ran into the enemy Nocturne. I wanted to just ignore him and try to save our top tower, but Nocturne started picking a fight.

I had to enlighten the Eternal Nightmare about why it's a stupid idea to 1v1 fed Xin Zhao so I did the usual combo and his health turned to dust. He activates his ultimate. Then he tries to dash away. However, for some reason, his dash takes him into that statue at the intersection and gets him stuck in there. He can't get out. I come running in and was like "where the heck did he go?" and then I saw his image next to me on the minimap. But I couldn't see him. I stop clicking to move trying to figure out what the hell is going on and my character stops moving next to the statue.... then autoattacks and kills him inside there.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 26, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »

Aha excellent :P

And isnt it funny when they all gather in a warded bush and sit there waiting for you to finish that minion wave, hoping you're going to keep pushing like an idiot ? When they do that, i like to take my sweet time, only last hitting, just to waste their time a bit more  :D

Oh, and this happened to me in one of my last matches : we were killing baron, and he was almost dead, when the enemy vlad walks in, probably hoping to steal it. I just blasted him away with buster shot (playing tristana), to prevent him from stealing it, and it so happened that he landed right in front of our cloaked evelynn, who was joining us a bit late  :P
Poor bastard. It really made my day, as he was a pain in the ass against me mid during all the early game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 26, 2011, 09:26:51 pm »

"Oh, is this Vlad delivery service?"

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 26, 2011, 10:56:50 pm »

I keep getting a series of horrid losses. Some its my fault because I'm still adjusting to singed, but mostly because my teamates don't seem to have any idea of what they're doing. Last game I had an amumu taht went 0 6 1 and couldn't tank for the life of his, a caitlyn that doesn't know what "harass" means and a twich who bought boots of mobility, but never ganked.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 26, 2011, 11:55:06 pm »

Nobody but goddamn Ashe.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:59 am »

I just had one of the most fun game in a while:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Panth got horrendously fed and was pretty much carrying his team, then he got oracles and started killing me. We made a comeback out of sheer tactics. I'd single out their stupid singed and then take on maokai and warwick along with nocturne, while sorta ignoring swain till the endgame, then I'd stealth, head to their back and take out unprotected inhibitors.

Our damage output was insane, nocturne was lightning fast while my crits went as high as 1108 after we got baron. By the end of the match both parties agreed that it was an awesome game, and that singed sucked.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 165