Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165670 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1320 on: March 25, 2011, 03:02:43 am »

Let me share a revelation I had.

I jungle a lot with Warwick. He's my go-to guy for when I feel like jungling. So much so that my setup for him is probably completely unique... or as unique as can be. My runes setup for him is attack speed red, armor yellow, and mana regen per level blue as well as armor pen quints.

My masteries is 8-10-12.

As I slowly refined my jungle build over time, today it just hit me. The biggest eureka moment I had in LoL in a long while.

I should start jungle with boots.

Now, before you go "lol, what a noob" hear me out. Warwick doesn't really need items to jungle. I can do it with just my runes and masteries, don't even need pots or anything. However, it is well known that Warwick's biggest problem, especially compared to other junglers, is his crappy ganking power prior to level 6. In fact, I would say his shitty initial movespeed is the biggest thing hindering his ability to jungle in the first place. It's why everyone says to take ghost instead of flash or ignite or what have you; cause you need to pop ghost if you want to have a remote chance of ganking, counterjungling, and escaping prior to level 6.

It's also weird because Warwick can jungle indefinitely without going back, especially if he's doing well, he just takes forever to move around. I can kill wolf camp and golem camp faster than it takes me to actually walk there. Almost everything about him scales well just with levels, he even gets faster at killing jungle creeps just with levels... except for his goddamn movement speed. So the longer he stays in jungle, the worse he becomes at ganking / escaping and overall jungle control, which limits his natural staying power but it's all because of just that one trait.

So, why do I keep buying cloth armor to start? I don't even need it. I can sacrifice finishing golem at 75% health when the offset is running around so much freaking faster than everyone else. Warwick with boots and red buff ganking someone without anything but starting items is pretty awesome. I can finish the jungle route and immediately gank because I don't have to bluepill to buy boots and / or Madred's Razor which means more happy time with red buff. Best of all, no one expects it. They won't believe their eyes when they see movespeed 370 Warwick flying out of bush at the overextending morons when it's only 4 minutes into the game. Oooh, and with ghost, 450+ movespeed Warwick at 4 minutes. Unless they started with boots themselves or some other escape skills, I think they would be dead. :P Much better odds than normal Warwick ganks anyway.

I wonder which other jungler can start with boots. Any ideas? What do you think? Am I nuts or a genius? I've actually tried this out in game and it's awesome.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 25, 2011, 04:24:44 am »

Now i want to try it too but i don't have the runes for it :(
Ah well i should have bought some more anyways XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 25, 2011, 05:13:01 am »

... AND AS SINGED I WILL STILL HAVE FASTER MOVESPEED THAN YOU WITH NOTHING BUT A REGROWTH PENDANT

DOOOO HO HO HO HO HO
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 25, 2011, 05:26:45 am »

I remember Singed being a lot tankier.
Dominated my low Elo games with him.
Good times.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:05 am »

Still enjoy a good Singed now and then.  Last time I played him, I laned with a Blitzcrank.  It wasn't fair at all.  Between grab and toss, we could take out anyone we wanted at will early game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 25, 2011, 05:38:21 am »

Singed is fast, beefy, and deepsy. If it weren't for how hard CC shuts him down he'd be broken but CC hurts him more than it does other champs because he has less range than anyone - less than Shen, less than Rammus, less than who the hell ever. If he can't start clipping your model he can't do shit. His laning is weak against large amounts of ranged harass. An Ashe who Q kites him? He's boned. But oh, once he gets in range...

NO MORDE YOU DON'T GET TO LAST HIT MINIONS. YOU GET TO FUCK OFF AND DRINK POISON.

yesssss
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 25, 2011, 05:38:33 am »

He's still fun, yes.
But he dies a lot easier now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 25, 2011, 05:46:55 am »

So a match just started, our Olaf and Annivia both have Heal -.-

Oh and the enemy team is Udyr, Mundo, Morde, Blitz and Sion -.-''
AS - IG

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1328 on: March 25, 2011, 05:56:05 am »

I had a sad game earlier today. I was the only one to go positive in K/D, and I was playing Taric. With zero damage items at all, I was a little surprised when I got a kill. I only got kills when the enemy was stupid enough to stick around and try to outlast me. Or when I was finishing a runner or somebody at low health. Oh well, we still lost because it was 5v4. We did really well at holding out 5v4 though.

Also, I'm thinking of making Urgot my main. He's fun to play, I always use him when he's free. So far I've been a cheap bastard and not bought anything at all. Mostly due to the fact that I have pathetic amounts of IP (around 4500? Lifetime, since I have spent 0 of it), I should probably just play more. Perhaps I should shell out a bit of cash to grab that Crabgot skin, because it's just awesome like that. But yeah, Acid Hunter spam all around, slowing shield... thing, and one of my favorite ultimates. He just seems a bit weak at times, doesn't really stand up to nukers, and if a melee ever reaches him... But he's very good at harassing, which I like.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:59 am »

Mostly due to the fact that I have pathetic amounts of IP (around 4500? Lifetime, since I have spent 0 of it
How do you have so little IP?

I have cho, zilean and as big a tier 3 rune page as you can have at level 20 and I still have 4400 IP left.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1330 on: March 25, 2011, 06:25:58 am »

Mostly due to the fact that I have pathetic amounts of IP (around 4500? Lifetime, since I have spent 0 of it
How do you have so little IP?

I have cho, zilean and as big a tier 3 rune page as you can have at level 20 and I still have 4400 IP left.
Checked again, I have 5105 IP. I'm only level 9, and only have 13 wins (with around that many losses, due to this seemingly alternating matchmaking system) total. I have other things to play, really.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 25, 2011, 06:30:26 am »

We might have even won this one, their Udyr tried to jungle after a while, stole his blue and dragon that way, but our olaf was just so BAD, zero map awareness and he blames the enemy for always attacking him when he's alone.I mean if you see the whole enemy team chase away your teammate in the jungle and he escapes you better get your over extended ass out of here, but no, he continues blissfully farming those creeps even while they are closing in on him -.-
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 25, 2011, 06:39:11 am »

Singed is fast, beefy, and deepsy. If it weren't for how hard CC shuts him down he'd be broken but CC hurts him more than it does other champs because he has less range than anyone

On the other hand, he also has the most cc in the game.  Fling, goo, and poison with Rylai's.  I always take exhaust as well when I play him.  Nobody escapes him.  Nobody catches him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 25, 2011, 07:12:16 am »

Team of tanks, balanced teams. Tanks focus squishy, balanced team can't focus anyone but tank. Squishy dies first due to horrible balance, turns into 4v5, escalates in tank's favor from there.

The massive amount of CC tanks have is ridiculous compared to their health and damage. Something needs to be nerfed. preferably their damage. Tanks don't need to have damage items to be tanky dps.

Enemy has 5 tanks, everyone gets Madred's.

EDIT: WAIT. Epiphany!

Tanky Dps is broken because insane survivability combined with high damage
Tank is broken because CC and indestructibility
Dps is broken because they can kill anyone instantly

Everything is overpowered, thus nothing is overpowered. Damn, that sounds Buddhist.

Tanks all buy FoN and don't stack health. Madreds is now 17k gold's worth of worthlessness.

In some ratios of health to MR, madreds can actually do more damage per hit to a squishy with half the health. You have to understand that these items were made before the way defense worked was changed.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1334 on: March 25, 2011, 07:18:49 am »

Madred's really should be a lower percentage, but be true damage. Just because of how useless it is against tanks, which as I recall, is the entire purpose of the damn thing. True damage, can't be reduced (assuming there's no shield on them). That's how anti-tank stuff should be. You know, actually USEFUL against tanks?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 165