Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165611 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1260 on: March 21, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

Singed is a beastly initiator.

FFWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*Crashboombang* that is, the sound of Singed hitting R, throwing a slow into the midst of the other team, and walking straight up to a carry/squishymage who gets too close and flinging
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 21, 2011, 07:01:07 pm »

Singed is one of the best initiators. Malphite and Amumu as well. However, if you are good, you can do the exact same thing Malphite does to initate with Alistar. This is because with good timing, you can ground slam the very exact moment you headbutt an enemy to send the headbutted enemy and his team flying into the air (alongside everyone else near him). That is basically Malphite's ult.

Built tanky, Irelia, Jarvan, and Xin all have great initates too.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:05 pm »

I play Jax, Veigar and cho goth, all characters that were nerfed from when I used to play :(

Back in the day, there was a Yi, jax and Cho on every team and other super played heroes were Zilean, Akali and Ashe. Ever since then they have been slowly nerfing them and now no one really plays them anymore :(

Yes Riot is shit at balancing seeing as every game I have played with a nocturne in it, the noc goes atleast 3 times more kills then deaths and don't even give me bullshit that nocturne players are always pro, cause I saw the stupidest player use him and still carry the team.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 21, 2011, 07:17:24 pm »

Every 6300 champ they release is generally going to be overpowered as hell for the first couple weeks, so that they can get everyone to buy 'em with RP. They get nerfed to make them more balanced.

Of course, they only do that because that's around when the next one will be popping out, and they don't want last week's moneymaker to steal the spotlight from the new one.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 21, 2011, 10:20:01 pm »

Nocturnes relatively easy to counter. You just bash him on the head when he appears and he fucks off crying. When it comes to his ult the only thing you can do to avoid getting lost is just stick with your team like glue, or hug towers. Or scream because its really scary.

I've been playing a lot of Cho'Gath lately, he's quickly becoming my favourite champion purely because of his ultimate. Its absolutely hillarious eating blitzcrank through his mana shield.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 22, 2011, 06:21:50 am »

I just had a very interesting game.We had me as WW, a Tyrind, Sivir, Sion and Nocturne, they had Twitch, Karth, Maokai, Shen and Katarina.There was some wierd stuff, like the side lanes that were solo with Tyrind and Sivir on mid, our Tyrind going tank instead of derpcritical.I had some very sweet ganks, Nocturne kept killing shit left and right and we pushed like crazy with Sivir teleporting left and right after a gank to push a tower, teamwork was good on our side and horrible on their with people wandering out alone, twitch wasn't even a threat so no one bothered getting anything to counter him (except tyrind who got thornmail) and it was all in all a great game that ended with them surrendering after they killed me, then i GA back up and started running trough the jungle leading them straight into my team then ulting back in after shit got a bit too hectic for them to target me and my measly 300 hp :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 22, 2011, 02:49:24 pm »

DPS Soraka kites Singed - Nuff said.

Yeah, I know I ragequit LoL, but that doesn't mean I can't come back, if I find a permade at university.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 22, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »

I play as Sion, so nocturne's no problem.

Nocturne: "DARKNESS"
Sion: "Stun"

YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 22, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

No problem with Nocturne as Soraka either.

Darkness
Heal
Silence
Run away

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 22, 2011, 03:26:24 pm »

I don't think i've been targeted by his ult once since he came out, i don't think he would give any of my mains much trouble, except morde but he's badass enough to not need a real disable :P
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 22, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »

YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY

Anyone with a lot of tankiness or a hard stun is pretty safe, and he won't even bother with you unless he's stupid.  Squishy carries and the like are just fucked.  It's worse than Karthus ult.  At least with him if you survive the blast, you're safe.  That's manageable.  With Nocturne, anybody on the enemy team sees you with life missing, and you have a high damage character appearing on top of you, ready to attack you until your dead and he leads with burst damage from the ability and a fear immediately after.

It doesn't matter if you stay near your team, because he can just wait outside a team fight for the carry to take some damage and then teleport into the middle of the fight and insta-kill you before your teammates can do a damn thing about it.

It seems like Riot wants only two types of characters to be really viable - tanks and assassins.  It's either "I'm really really hard to kill, have lots of crowd control, and do pretty good damage on top of that." or "I appear out of nowhere and you watch your character die."  You can build defensive items on your squishies, but then they're just ineffective nuisances compared to characters like Mundo, Mord, Amumu, etc who have defense and cc built into their abilities and can afford to build up damage.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 22, 2011, 10:37:52 pm »

YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY

Anyone with a lot of tankiness or a hard stun is pretty safe, and he won't even bother with you unless he's stupid.  Squishy carries and the like are just fucked.  It's worse than Karthus ult.  At least with him if you survive the blast, you're safe.  That's manageable.  With Nocturne, anybody on the enemy team sees you with life missing, and you have a high damage character appearing on top of you, ready to attack you until your dead and he leads with burst damage from the ability and a fear immediately after.

It doesn't matter if you stay near your team, because he can just wait outside a team fight for the carry to take some damage and then teleport into the middle of the fight and insta-kill you before your teammates can do a damn thing about it.

It seems like Riot wants only two types of characters to be really viable - tanks and assassins.  It's either "I'm really really hard to kill, have lots of crowd control, and do pretty good damage on top of that." or "I appear out of nowhere and you watch your character die."  You can build defensive items on your squishies, but then they're just ineffective nuisances compared to characters like Mundo, Mord, Amumu, etc who have defense and cc built into their abilities and can afford to build up damage.

I disagree, Lux and Fiddles, neither assassins or tanks, are very good mages. Defensive items are a requirement on both, as AP doesn't help Fiddles that much, and good runes+masteries alone will give you enough Magic Penetration to hit hard, just don't be a draintard. Meanwhile, Lux usually gets defensive boosts such as rod of ages, and is very hard to catch without being anywhere near tanky. Combine this with her ability to dominate teamfights and stop stragglers from escaping, and you have a solid non-tank non-dps champ.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »

I disagree, Lux and Fiddles, neither assassins or tanks, are very good mages. Defensive items are a requirement on both, as AP doesn't help Fiddles that much, and good runes+masteries alone will give you enough Magic Penetration to hit hard, just don't be a draintard. Meanwhile, Lux usually gets defensive boosts such as rod of ages, and is very hard to catch without being anywhere near tanky. Combine this with her ability to dominate teamfights and stop stragglers from escaping, and you have a solid non-tank non-dps champ.

Fiddles I would categorize as an assassin.  He places himself on the other side of a wall or in a bush near a fight, flashes in suddenly with massive damage and fears + drains one person for an almost guaranteed kill on a victim who has almost no chance of doing a damn thing about it.  He can destroy anyone when he pulls this off.  Outside of that, he's only a nuisance, mainly with his silence.

Lux has a hard stun and is an AP nuke, which are generally built somewhat tanky.  Not as actual tanks, but not very squishy.  Rod of ages, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, etc make it pretty easy to build AP, magic pen, and defense all at the same time.  She also has a hard stun and doesn't do much after she blows her load.  Basically, I should have included AP nukes in that list, but they're generally something like tank/assassin combined.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 22, 2011, 11:50:08 pm »

Fiddles I would categorize as an assassin.  He places himself on the other side of a wall or in a bush near a fight, flashes in suddenly with massive damage and fears + drains one person for an almost guaranteed kill on a victim who has almost no chance of doing a damn thing about it.  He can destroy anyone when he pulls this off.  Outside of that, he's only a nuisance, mainly with his silence.

Lux has a hard stun and is an AP nuke, which are generally built somewhat tanky.  Not as actual tanks, but not very squishy.  Rod of ages, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, etc make it pretty easy to build AP, magic pen, and defense all at the same time.  She also has a hard stun and doesn't do much after she blows her load.  Basically, I should have included AP nukes in that list, but they're generally something like tank/assassin combined.

So, you're saying RIOT doesn't want us to play as carries or support.

On a different note, here's a small gem I found about Vlad:

Look at your blood. Now look at mine. Back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, your blood is not mine. But it could be mine if you'd stand still for just a second. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're on a pool of the blood your blood could be like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I've got it, it's a bubble of your ally's blood. Look again. The blood is now yours. Anything is possible when you tower dive a Vlad. Pentakill.

Doot dee doot dee doot doo deet doo!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 23, 2011, 01:15:56 am »

So, you're saying RIOT doesn't want us to play as carries or support.

That's basically what it seems like. 

All the successful support characters have built-in escape or tank abilities.  Alistar is a tank.  Janna has a shield and incredible escape ability.  Taric is very tanky.  Sona has heal, speed, and defense boosts.  They also all have great crowd control and do decent damage.  Alistar has two abilities with 1-1 AP ratio FFS.  Basically, none of them are pure support.  Soraka is.  She does almost no damage, doesn't tank well, uses up her mana super fast, and only a silence for real self-defense... but she has two (weak) heals... making her basically pure support... and I haven't seen an effective Soraka in-game in months.  I hear stories, but I never see it.

Carries (mostly ranged) are all worthless unless guarded by their teams like precious jewels.  They're very item-dependent and require large investment before they become effective.  Tanks, assassins, and nukes all have abilities that allow them to do initially greater damage and catch or escape nearly at will.  Basically until you've built 3 or 4 items, playing a ranged carry is like walking a tightrope on a windy day over a lavapit.  You step one pixel out of bounds and you die.  It only gets better if you manage to farm better than your opponents, and the only thing they naturally have going for them is they tend to farm more effectively, thus allowing this to happen once in a while.

I often play Teemo, Ash, Caitlyn, and Tristana.  When I play these, it feels like more of a support role than when I'm playing actual support characters.  I seems like my job is to be a whittle away at the enemy like a general nuisance, plant mushrooms, and slow with ice/frozen mallet to set my teammates up for kills.  Then I play someone like Mundo, Mord, etc and can destroy those same characters in seconds, and easily escape most of the time if something doesn't go as planned.  With Mundo, all I need is Warmogs/Spirit Visage/Phantom Dancer, and I can solo any hard DPS in the game most of the time so long as they're not overfed... with just one attack item.

I just don't understand Riot's approach to balancing.  It's fucking alien to me.  They make so little sense.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 165