Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165609 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1245 on: March 20, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »

I had just that on my MD build, Madreds, Mercs because of their damned Lux, Wit's end (again mostly because of her), Malady and was just working on my Banshee and GA when we lost, and i would basically rape Lux with my ult+Q combo no matter what she tried to do.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 20, 2011, 08:03:44 pm »

Its called Wits end.

Looking through the items it would be cool to have wits end, madreds and malady on the same person.130% AS, some armor and MR, some AP, 62+3.5%health magic damage and 30 regular damage and MR reduction. Throw in a black cleaver and a frozen mallet and you got yourself a very weird build.
^ one of my standard Warwick builds.

I use it when we have an abundance of tanks.

Wits End is great against Udyr, Trundle, Malphite, Rammus, etc. All the characters who are dependant on mana but have no real mana base to work with. An Udyr with no mana is hilarious to watch.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1247 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:46 pm »

You should almost always get mejai on Lux. She's always so far away from battle yet can score so many long distance kills and assists.

Do not get a Mejai's if the enemy team has an assassin though (unless the assassin sucks) because then you will find that that assassin spends their entire time making your life miserable.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 20, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »

Some people take mejais all the time regardles of what team they're facing, this is most of the times a horrible mistake. Mejai is an item you take after your first bluepill and you have noticed that the enemy team is either really bad or has a weak link (IE someone you can kill reliably). THEN you get a mejai's and capitalize on those flaws for your first stacks, then as you get progressively stronger you can start to pubstomp people.

An example of a bad use of mejai's is the guy on mid lane taking it as his first item against whoever he's fighting and end up losing mid or not getting any kills at all because he spent money rushing mejai's while the other champion spent money increasing his lane-staying power and farming. I find that 70% of the time, its survivability and not damage potential that defines who is going to win mid lane. Of course skill is aways an important factor, but not as much if you really can't kill the enemy mid champion by any means.

This is what makes cho a god tier solo champion, his lane-staying power is far greater then all of the common mid lane champions, even after his nerf. Even AP cho has much more survivability then, say, tristana, ashe, ezreal. Chances are he wont carry your team, but he'll cripple the enemy carry and win you a lane unless he's ganked several times or being terribly played.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:56:38 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 20, 2011, 11:32:57 pm »

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Nocturne junglers.  I should just leave as soon as I see a nocturne with smite.  Getting my account banned would be doing myself a favor.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1250 on: March 21, 2011, 09:26:51 am »

First time I ever played with a Nocturne was in a 5 man with good people, one of them jungle Nocturne.

His score at the end? 18/2/13

A different friend of mine that I regularly queue with also jungles with Noct. He regularly carries our teams. Noct is a very strong jungler.

Basically, what the hell are you hating on?

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 21, 2011, 09:42:48 am »

I would venture to guess he is complaining that Jungling Nocturne is unstoppable.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 21, 2011, 09:43:32 am »

Riot sucks at balancing. The sooner everyone realizes this the better. LoL is gonna take a hit when DotA2 comes out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:07 am »

Nocturne is a bitch to deal with, especially after he hit's lvl6 since ganking becomes a matter of double tapping R and choosing a target you want dead.Luckily he is laughably fragile, and while he can kill squishies in less then 3 seconds he himself is as squishy as teemo, even moreso because all the Nocturnes i've seen so far build only damage and no survivability.

EDIT:

FUCKIN ANNIE BITCH ALWAYS KNOWS WHERE I AM GOD DAMN HER AND HER BIG FAT BEAR OF FLAMING PAIN!!!!!

EDIT2: But i guess all is well that ends well, her team was just horrible at staying togheter late game which allowed us to pick them apart fairly easily :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:53:16 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 21, 2011, 01:00:04 pm »

Does anyone still play this game as anyone other than Yi, Teemo or Nocturne? Seriously..

I play a Support oriented Alistar or Nunu, although I always tend to be dumped in a lane to solo push.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1255 on: March 21, 2011, 01:45:31 pm »

Does anyone still play this game as anyone other than Yi, Teemo or Nocturne? Seriously..

I play lots of different characters.

Like Annie, carry of the ages:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My one death was 30 seconds from the end of the game, after the enemy team had stolen Baron from us and 4 of them focused me. Then my teammates killed them all  :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 21, 2011, 03:45:20 pm »

I play Shaco, Kat, Ashe, Twitch, and have been doing quite well with singed and chogath.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:36 pm »

I play singed if we have a nice burst caster. Otherwise, its usually Teemo, Soraka, Jungle Nunu, or freeweek champs.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 21, 2011, 05:55:29 pm »

Jarvan, seriusly, he's awesome with a stick
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 165