Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Making a game for the people What do YOU want done?  (Read 1719 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Making a game for the people What do YOU want done?
« on: May 29, 2010, 12:37:09 pm »

Well, the title says it all really. What kind of game would like to see on the Forums? Is there any improvements on Games that could be made in your opinion? And whats stops you from making your own games?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Making a game for the people What do YOU want done?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:56:04 pm »

Epic battles in a thunderdome/apocalyptic wasteland.

With Ninjas. And Pirates. And Vikings. And Spartans. And Samurais. And Mechs. And Predators. And Aliens. And Zombies. And Dinosaurs. And Nazis. And Demons. And Angels. And Knights. And Dwarves. And Elephants and and and...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 12:57:45 pm »

Y'know, all I'd want is a forum game with a degree of seriousness. For example, 404. At times. And The Expedition at certain points.

What stops me from doing Countries at War is all the management and TOO MANY PEOPLE TRYING TO TAKE OVER.

What stops me from participating in other games are the ridiculously  stupid suggestions.

And finally I can never find any other game that would actually be fun. Except for The Invasion and The Expedition probably.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:04:21 pm by Phantom »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »

Epic battles in a thunderdome/apocalyptic wasteland.

With Ninjas. And Pirates. And Vikings. And Spartans. And Samurais. And Mechs. And Predators. And Aliens. And Zombies. And Dinosaurs. And Nazis. And Demons. And Angels. And Knights. And Dwarves. And Elephants and and and...

Dinosaurs and Vikings and Pirates? Aliens and Nazis? Post Apocalypse?

What about a space game with Viking and Pirate themed factions with maybe dinosaurs.

What about objectives? What do you want to see in your Game? Survival? Management? Corporate Success?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 01:13:47 pm »

Survival- But also the Freedom to do whatever you want. (e.g Maybe there should be no stuff that would force you too much into one direction.)

Further rules, combat and other stuff should offer some depth but should not be overly complicated.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 01:37:54 pm »

Y'know, all I'd want is a forum game with a degree of seriousness.
THIS.
Currently, the only way to have a serious game here is to make it so much effort to play that the less serious people wont bother. This meansthere are no games for pepale who are serius but don't have infinite free time.

I'd also like games with real design, not balanced trade off choices but an actual system in which things can be genuinely invented, like in DF.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 01:39:44 pm »

Please, something serious.

I tried to start a serious forum game, and I got nothing but ridiculous replies. when I asked people to be more serious, the game promptly died.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 01:42:17 pm »

What stops me from doing Countries at War is all the management and TOO MANY PEOPLE TRYING TO TAKE OVER.
I'M SORRY.

Anyway, I'm looking for any game that's serious. Once in a while stupidity is funny, but usually it gets out of hand very fast.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 01:46:15 pm »

I'd restart Countries At War. But I know how that would turn out.

Me: Starts game.
People: Joining, suggestions, and mobs of people.
Me: I come back.
Me: I ditch some suggestions and somehow let everyone join.
Me: I procrastinate.
Me: I come back again and no one is there.

I could start something if you want, as long as it is...
Not a 1 character suggestion game.
A Post-Apoc, Normal Life, Sci-Fi or Survival.
As long as it is an RP or a Multiplayer suggestion game or a thing like Countries at War.

Actually I might go and start a Let's Play soon.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »

THat reminds me of somehting else I want in a game: an acctual ENDING, a game that dosn't just trail of and die but reach a statesfying conclusion.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »

nah, that's really improbable. if a game is going well there's no point in ending it, if it's going badly there is no point in giving it a conclusion, just let it die.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 02:05:27 pm »

It seems we want a forum game that is as close as physically possible to the Fallout games.
If not, that's what I vote for.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 02:10:01 pm »

Please, something serious.

I tried to start a serious forum game, and I got nothing but ridiculous replies. when I asked people to be more serious, the game promptly died.

I agree here. While some games do encourage sillyness (like the space fish one), the stupid suggestions do get out of hand. The RTD games tend to be better though.

Anyways, I would like to see a somewhat more serious RP type game, you know, with well thought out and descriptive paragraphs.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 02:21:49 pm »

THat reminds me of somehting else I want in a game: an acctual ENDING, a game that dosn't just trail of and die but reach a statesfying conclusion.

Hey, my Invasion is very near to an ending. Of course, I'll just start up a sequel the moment it finishes, but oh well.
I'm not sure about the satisfying part though. >_>

I agree that too much silliness can be kinda annoying. For example, I love the MSPA forums, but I could never start an adventure there. They don't do this strange 'seriousness' thing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 02:25:46 pm »

Another problem is who the game is fun for, it's usually either the GM likes it, no one likes it, or the players like it. Rarely both sides like it. If it's too hard to update the GM starts to dislike updating it (Such as my Terraformers game). If the GM makes it too simple the players will likely stop playing. Next, you have to find the perfect game for the GMer, for example: If you give a game maker that is good at text suggestion games and he tries to do world domination games then there will be problems.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: [1] 2