Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE.  (Read 652 times)

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
HELP PLEASE.
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:25:39 am »

I know this sounds dumb but I cant make a CIV. I don't know why! Can anyone give me a short example with coments. I believe that would help a lot! And not just to me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:06:57 am by antymattar »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:46:06 am »

Before I even attempt to help, would that can in your question be a can't? It makes almost no sense otherwise lol.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:52:34 am »

How to make a race "easy" way (not a real tutorial, but rather if you want to get started/make it quick).

1) You pick a creature you want to use as a civilization creature. If you want to make a new one, do eet.

2) You go into entity_default.txt file and copy an entity file of humans if you want it to be friendly or goblins if you want it to be hostile.

3) You change ENTITY:PLAINS or whatever it is to ENTITY:YOURNAME, where YOURNAME is an unique name.

4) You change CREATURE:HUMAN or whatever it is to CREATURE:YOURCREATURE where YOURCREATURE is the creature ID you want.

5) You tweak their weapons/ethics/whatever. It should be pretty transparent if you look how other entities are set up.

A few things to consider:
a) Various WEAPON, ARMOR: etc. tokens define which items does your race use.
b) DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE defines which settlement type do they use (CAVE_DETAILED, CAVE, DARK_FORTRESS, CITY, TREE_CITY).
c) START_BIOME tells where do they appear, and various BIOME_SUPPORT shows where can they expand
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Biome
d) ETHICS are there mostly for worldgen, it defines their relations between neighbours.

There's much more but this should cover the basics.
Note that agressiveness of goblins is dictated by BABYSNATCHER token, and seasons when traders come for friendly civs is dictated by ACTIVE_SEASON.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 09:43:32 am »

Yes I guess that works but my valor creature dose not seem to pop up in the legends part. Can you tell me how to chainge the symbol of the place so that I know it exists?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:05:51 am »

You can't change a symbol of a city except to a different type of city by having them live in the other type. If the problem is that your creatures aren't appearing at all, it might be that the problem lies with the creature, not the civilization.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:42:17 am »

You can't change a symbol of a city except to a different type of city by having them live in the other type. If the problem is that your creatures aren't appearing at all, it might be that the problem lies with the creature, not the civilization.

You were right! I fixed the valor part(Chainged the name too) And fwala!! I also made orcs! Thanks a lot. So, any info on how to chainge the city type?