Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Go Forth, Ye Liberals! Let's play LCS!  (Read 10044 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Go Forth, Ye Liberals! Let's play LCS!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 02:22:05 pm »

Next time, give the car stealer a weapon if they have low driving skill. If they can't run, they can fight. Should at least give them a fighting chance.

Or, next time bail out and run.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Chapter 4: The end?
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 04:39:23 am »

So remember that time Joe HuggyBuns died?
That never happened, I accidentally save scummed on purpose, yeah, I don't get it either.

Anyway, since I can't for the life of me figure out how to use sleepers, we're going to leave CD1 and Fabio for now.
We'll be focused on the main squad now, Posting to Watch, Baird and our newest recruit, Joe HuggyBuns. He's definitely not going to die now! [/sarcasm]
Today we're going to a chemical factory in the Industrial district. We're also going to fuck up some conservative shit.
Immediately we run across some machinery and goods.

It's time to Rage Against the Machine ...ry!
We've been spotted!

Time to begin killing in the name of liberalism!
I get cornered,

We fend them off but everyone is badly wounded, Posting to Watch and Baird bleed out, leaving Joe carrying our dead leader. He escapes outside but the cops are onto him, he darts into an ally, and a cop blows his head off. The LCS disbands, Posting to Watch and his friends are no more... OR ARE THEY?!?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:42:24 am by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 01:13:14 pm »

OOOH NUUU!!!!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 05:30:12 pm »

New LCS!
With Carl Sagan and Hunter S. Thompson!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 08:58:15 pm »

Woooo Sagan!
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 11:24:08 am »

That would be plagiarism!
I'm still going with Posting to Watch.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Part 5: The NLCS
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:34 pm »

So, as it turns out, Posting to Watch wasn't really killed that day, he just went into hiding.
He stayed in hiding for several years, hitching around the country and finally reappearing in Houstin, Texas in January of 2009. A lot had changed since he had faked his death, and he was ready to reform the LCS!

(I also got some screen capture software so I can take more screenshots. No more Print Screen/MSPaint screenies.)
This is the the start of the NLCS!
I decide to go and pick up some recruits, so, of course, I go to the Crack House.
One thing that's changed is the fact that you don't need to select what you'll talk about when recruiting. Also, there are new responses, but that's just cosmetic.

Once you recruit someone, they don't just come to stick around, you have to educate them first, and most times, they'll just leave.

After they seem eager, you can recruit them to the cause, they become full members and can preform activities.

While you're talking to people you'll gradually find out their top skills, these skills can make or break a recruitment.

For instance, this crack head:

He's got high skills but low stats, this is OK, but his low charisma makes it so that if he gets arrested, he's going to rat us out pretty quickly. I've decided to recruit him, take his pistol and kill him, he's a liability.
After that dark little bit of reality, (and some vomiting on PtW's part) we recruit a college student and a hooker.
Her stats are a bit better, and she has a computer of 2, which is strange.
Her high heart and charisma will prove her to be a useful asset, as well as her high stealth and persuasion. Seduction doesn't hurt either.
What else could we call her? Hooker McProstitute of course!
Now for a training montage! (Not really, I don't feel like trying to take a ton of screenshots.)
I'm going to take Ms. Hooker here, in the Hooker squad, and cause some mischief. This will not only boost skills, but it'll also give Hooker some Juice. Juice is like experience points in this game, the more Juice you have, the more recruits you can have. Juice works slightly differently for sleepers, but I'll get to that later.
Anyway, the best way to train up a liberal is to first go into any apartment block and try to unlock all the doors, you'll mostly fail at first, but after a while you can get into the rooms and steal some shit, these will raise your security and theft skills, while also giving you money on the side.
After you have a significant security skill, strip naked and go to the garment makers to break in. being naked helps you to blend in, as all of the sweatshop workers are naked. Free the workers and steal everything in sight, also, smash equipment. After a while of repeating this you should have a ton of Juice and disguise skill, viola! You've made a fairly competent liberal!
You might even get some sweatshop workers to join you, which is very good as they tend to make clothing very well, and are disposable.

These are some odd skills for a sweatshop worker to have...

After all that I decide to finally sell all of that loot and get...

That's a lot of money!

What will the LCS do with all that money?
What will the other characters be codenamed?
Will we die horribly again?
Have you found the hidden easter eggs yet?
Find out next time! On another exciting episode of: All My Liberals!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:44:30 pm by Taco Dan »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 01:31:47 pm »

You should change your slogan to "I'm a pretty pink pony!"

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 06:23:41 pm »

For instance this *Prostitute.*
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:45:23 pm »

Your brownies are pot brownies. That's why they're illegal.
See the main menu? Where you have stuff like F - Go Forth to Stop Evil? That's where you use sleepers. A bit down, it has B - Sleepers.
Are you using the newest version now? It's better, much better.
Rob the best apartments, in the downtown area, for tons of money. It looks like maybe you did that already?
Anyway, I like to have a juice squad. My high Security guy leads it and robs the apartments. Then I get a whole bunch of money every day, plus I can get people's Juice maxed out quickly.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Part 6: Shorty Short-Short
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 02:46:53 am »

What's this? More Crime Squad?
Yeah, sorry about that, I've been busy wasting time.

When we last left off we were going to a cosmetics lab... I think...
There are a few things you can do there, you can get a lab coat and grind up your disguise skill, you can Get phat loot for cash, and you can free animals for juice.
We're going to be doing all three.

Jackpot!
Hey look, we made the paper!

Meanwhile.. Hooker McProstitute steals a car!
I've been putting this off for too long, we need a car to go places. Let's do it!
As far as I know, stealing a car is the only way to get one outside of spending tons of money, money that we need.
I chose Hooker because she's got the highest security, so she should be in the car and away from the scene of the crime before any authorities show up.

I'm pretty sure sportscars are preferable because they go fast. I have yet to verify this. Also they look cool.
Unfortunately it had an alarm, so I cheesed it. Let's try again.
This time I found a bug with no alarm and hotwired it, we have a car!

Really all it does is open up a few new locations, but I feel better knowing that we have a car now.
Really, all I've been doing is grinding McProstitute to as high as I can get, I may actually suit her up and have her start killing security guards, unless there's a better, less dangerous way to grind weapon skill.
I know it's a short update, but I did get a lot done, so expect me to do a bigger one next time.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 03:51:45 am »

Hire Morul Cattenmat, give him an axe, and win.

Axes are at the costume shop I believe.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Part 6: Shorty Short-Short
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 01:18:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure sportscars are preferable because they go fast. I have yet to verify this. Also they look cool.
Unfortunately it had an alarm, so I cheesed it. Let's try again.
This time I found a bug with no alarm and hotwired it, we have a car!

Really all it does is open up a few new locations, but I feel better knowing that we have a car now.
Really, all I've been doing is grinding McProstitute to as high as I can get, I may actually suit her up and have her start killing security guards, unless there's a better, less dangerous way to grind weapon skill.
I know it's a short update, but I did get a lot done, so expect me to do a bigger one next time.

yes, sportscars go fast fast. Very good for escaping car chases, though the game takes driving skill and car speed into account.
Well, those locations are sort of critical. And give good rewards. Also, cars allow your team to make smooth getaways even when members are wounded. (otherwise wounded members tend to get left behind when running, and beaten to death or arrested). Also, cars will usually absorb bullets fired at anyone. Works for both sides. I think it's 70% chance to block any incoming shot? Car chases also render melee weapons useless. "PERSUASION" attacks remain just as powerful.

To reduce danger, get your members some armor. Like bulletproof vests or such.
Or shoot up enemies who don't have guns. Like the conservative workers with chains in the factories.
Or just shoot up the unarmed civilians in public areas.
If you run away early enough, the police/angry mob will not have time to mobilise and block the entrance.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 03:48:07 am »

You need someone that can fight, and that can drive.  Have your Prostitute seduce an Army Veteran, they usually can do both.

Name him/her: Sgt. Love Slave
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4