Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Go Forth, Ye Liberals! Let's play LCS!  (Read 10045 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Go Forth, Ye Liberals! Let's play LCS!
« on: May 28, 2010, 06:29:54 am »

Hey guys! I know there are thousands of LCS LPs out there but I thought I'd try my hand at one.

In case you didn't know, Liberal Crime Squad is a game developed by our very own Bay12 Games. It's based of of an old RPG called Oubliette, in which you must gather a party to explore a dungeon and kill monsters, etc.
Liberal Crime Squad isn't, however, about exploring dungeons and killing monsters, it's much more political than that. Instead, you have to gather followers to your liberal agenda, kidnap, brain wash and kill conservatives, and generally stick it to the Man.

Pretty much everything will be viewer defined, so we need a name and an origin. What'll it be? Choose carefully.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:44:50 am by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:56:51 pm by Taco Dan »
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Go Forth, Ye Liberals! Let's play LCS!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:16:25 am »

posting to watch.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 07:57:59 am »

Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Part 1, of Misinterpretation and Explanation
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »

Ok so our name will be...

The vote was unanimous, Posting to Watch it is!

Now, I assume "pew pew" means I should start with an AK47, so I did. Other than that, I chose the origin at random using dice. It's not that important anyway, it just determines your starting stats.

Here's the "Hanging out" screen. If you're playing along, this is the screen you'll see the most.

Every action pretty much does what it says. As you can see, we have an AK47 as our weapon, with 30 bullets in it, bullets do damage like they would in real life, meaning if you get shot in a vital organ, you're fucked. Also, if you look up in the top left, we've got $7 to our name, not to much, this is going to change soon. We're going to Go forth to stop EVIL.

We have a few choices on where to go. For right now we need some recruits, and what better place to recruit people than the Healthy Plan Juice Bar in the University District?

After selecting your destination, you may wonder why you're not there. The game revolves around a day system, meaning you plan what everyone does each day, then wait a day and everyone will do those things.
So, off to the juice bar!

Here we have the infiltration screen, where we can, well infiltrate. The square in the bottom left shows our surroundings. When we encounter things, we can Talk to, Kidnap or Fight people, we can Get loot, and we can Use items. Running into doors will open them, and some doors are locked, meaning we either have to pick the lock, or bash them down. right now, all we're going to do is talk.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:33:11 pm by Taco Dan »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 08:26:35 pm »

This looks odd. What version are you using?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »

Should be the latest version, I downloaded it a`couple days ago, this is only my second time playing on my laptop.

EDIT:
3.09, it says so on the title screen.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:17:46 pm by Taco Dan »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 06:49:40 am »

It looks like you got the latest version made by Tarn, which would be circa 2004 or so.  Jonathan Fox has a much more recent version which you can find in the Curses section in the latest release thread.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 07:31:47 am »

Um, wow.
That's way more in depth. And I haven't even passed the character creation screen.

Oh, it's kinda hard to read the blue text, it's too blue.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:41:20 am by Taco Dan »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 12:52:53 pm »

Yay, i'm good at naming things!
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 10:02:44 pm »

Use the old version if you want. I doubt many of the people here have played the 2004 one, so it might be more interesting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:04:32 pm by Flaming Dorf »
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chapter 2: Of Talking And, Well, More Talking.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 06:27:29 am »

Well my computer shut down without saving last time, so a few names of places are changed and we may have slightly different skills. No big deal.

So here's how convincing works:

First of all, that's what they'll say if they want to listen, people with green names are liberals, and will almost always want to listen. White names are neutral, there's a 50/50 chance they'll listen. Red names are conservatives, they'll rarely want to listen.

Once you pick who to talk to, and how to approach them, you'll get a list of options to talk about, the chances of someone caring about it can be found by a person searching for opinion polls, I think it also has to do with their profession, but I'm not sure.
Since this is a juice bar, most people here will be liberal or neutral, and if you go to the Vegan Co-op, all of them will be liberal or neutral, and most will be hippies.
Anyway, usually, instead of trying to convince conservatives, you can drop a pickup line, which usually works on them. Your character will usually say something dirty and/or nonsensical, and the person will either go along with it, or tell you to fuck off.

Ugh.

Ewwwwww...

This is how dates work:

Everything does what you think it does. Not spending money is less effective than spending it. The bottom option is only available if you're on a date with a conservative. We're going to choose that bottom option.

How about it? What shall we name this conservative bitch?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 07:16:28 am »

Con Man Larry
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 07:21:08 am »

Conservative Drone 1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4